pre payment rip off????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am on a pre payment meter. have been for years.....i dont owe any past bill, and two people live in the house, both being out from 7.45 till 3pm each day. Yet i am putting 20.00 a week in the meter. now i have had a statement and it says that i am 178.00 in credit. i have emailed them three times now and just get ignored.....does 20.00 a week sound right to anyone????? many thanks

If you have never had a debt on the meter then there should never be a credit or a debit on your account as you pay as you go. The credit that you are seeing could be due to your meter possibly not being recalibrated, but someone with more knowledge on prepay meters should come along to answer this soon.

You need to advise us more of what type of property you live in, house, flat, how many bedrooms, is this for gas or electric? storage heaters or gas central heating?

Hi Marie

I am in the same boat as yourself, Putting more money in than I think I am using. Have phoned Scottish Gas, who are adamant that is what I am using and am Paying back No Debt or Arrears.

I also thought that the price of Electricity had come down, yet I seem to be putting in More and they say theres nothing wrong ?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes you could be in credit you should at the least be getting an annual statement. Ring your supplier, give a reading if you stil show in credit complain if you don't get a refund in a reasonable amount of time.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.