Jump to content

SLC - What Now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi all. First post on the forum, so top site, thanks for all the info so far etc. etc.


I have 2 pre-1998 style loans outstanding with the SLC and another with the Honors Student Loans company (I'll deal with them next, mwahaha!).


I have sent off a CCA request for both loans and have been sent a CCA for the second, but not for the first. I have written back saying that the account is now in default, they may not add interest or charges, pass information on to debt collectors or credit reference agencies etc. They have about 3 days to get their act together then I will be writing to them again telling them I will no longer make any payments to the account and that they may be comitting an offence under the CCA. I have also put in a subject access request for everything they have on me with a view to reclaiming various unlawful charges that have been applied to the accounts in question.


Ordinarily I'd be happy to now let the loan in default go as it is basically unenforcable in a court of law. Recently though it appears that the SLC have started unlawfully regestering defaults with credit reference agencies. This may not be the end of the world as I'm planning to emigrate in a couple of years but I'd rather avoid it. There's also the principle of the SLC getting away with breaking the law (again). My question therefore boils down to this:


How can I force them to stop processing the account in question? What letters do I need to write and what procedures do I need to follow? If they do try and register a default, what are my options?


Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no expert.................but....


Surely for the loans where they cannot produce signed agreements they're stuffed.


That's correct - it cannot be enforced in a court of law.


They may however try to register the alleged default with a CRA or pass it on to debt collectors.


I guess the deal is that they have no legal right to carry on processing data on that account, so how do I get them to stop?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...