• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A & L Payout with no time given

Hotdog77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

Alliance & Leicester agreed to pay out for ppi charges to a loan my other half took out with them way back when and now all paid off. We sent off the form to say that we agreed with the amount hey were going to pay out...this was back in April that we sent the form back. The letter didn't actually state a time of when they sould payout, and up to now still no cheque has been recieved from them. We could wait years really for this payment.

Is there some ort of letter we could send them?

Issue a small claim for the amount they agreed to pay you.

As you have a legally binding agreement, whereby A&L agreed to pay you that amount, you would be asking the court to give judgement to that effect.

Send them a 7 day Letter Before Action (LBA) warning them that unless payment is recieved in full within 7 days, you will have no option but to issue legal proceedings to enforce the agreement, interest accrued, cost of all correspondence and reimbursement of your court fee.

Want a hand wording the letter?

Just as a side note, did they agree to repay the interest they charged on the premium? ;-)

Just repaying the premium is only part of what they have scammed you- as the PPI was part a loan, you have paid interest on that PPI to which you are also entitled to have returned...

Edited by noomill060

your address

date

A/c number xxxxxxxxxx

Letter Before Action

Sir,

I refer to your recent offer to repay the amount of mis-sold PPI premiums, which you agreed to repay me.

I note that to date this remains unpaid and the debt is accruing further interest.

This is to inform you, that if this amount remains unpaid 7 days from the date of this letter (plus further interest accrued) I will have no alternative but to start legal proceedings to enforce our agreement.

Should this become necessary I will naturally ask that interest pursuant to s.69 County Courts Act 1984, all other costs, including my court issue fee be added to the debt with further interest accuring at a daily rate until settlement.

Yours faithfully,

hotdog.

Edited by noomill060

Just out of *interest* - the the amount they agreed to pay include interest or was it simply the amount of PPI premiums?

The PPI premium/s will have increased the amount you paid, so by rights, you should also be repayed this as well.

Edited by noomill060

Hi There,

Alliance & Leicester agreed to pay out for ppi charges to a loan my other half took out with them way back when and now all paid off. We sent off the form to say that we agreed with the amount hey were going to pay out...this was back in April that we sent the form back. The letter didn't actually state a time of when they sould payout, and up to now still no cheque has been recieved from them. We could wait years really for this payment.

Is there some ort of letter we could send them?

I too am waiting for PPi payment to be returned which has been ongoing since Jan this year last conversation I had was on the 28 April...anyway spoke to them yesterday and an offer letter was sent out on the 6th May which I never got...so the gut apoloigised and is sending another out...

Anyway I spoke to them on 08001412176 if that's any help

Can I ask in the offer letter did it seem a reasonable amount,was there a timescale to accept the offer and the option to refuse it ?

Hi JJ,

Yes!! The offer was reasonable, and the timescale to accept was 28days from receipt of letter, of whcih i adhered to.....but still waiting for the pricks......but they did'nt give a timescale on when they would pay...so in fact enjoying the benefits of the already paid upfront premium/interest.

**Noomill** - should another sentence go in, with regards to updating the payable amount/increase?

Hi JJ,

Yes!! The offer was reasonable, and the timescale to accept was 28days from receipt of letter, of whcih i adhered to.....but still waiting for the pricks......but they did'nt give a timescale on when they would pay...so in fact enjoying the benefits of the already paid upfront premium/interest.

**Noomill** - should another sentence go in, with regards to updating the payable amount/increase?

Thanks Hotdog...28 days eh !....better keep tabs on A&L the guy said on the phone yesterday that the date was irrelevant as I had not recived my letter but just seeing your statement about them still hanging on to you due payment makes me wonder if the buggers will try every trick in the book...keep at em mate and gets whats yours....gonna ring them today !

Thanks Hotdog...28 days eh !....better keep tabs on A&L the guy said on the phone yesterday that the date was irrelevant as I had not recived my letter but just seeing your statement about them still hanging on to you due payment makes me wonder if the buggers will try every trick in the book...keep at em mate and gets whats yours....gonna ring them today !

Hi Hotdog...have you heard anymore from A&L at all ? I got my letter today and the offer is a decent one so of course need to send it back to them...but it is still dated the 6th May on the letter sent out.

Did they give you any timescale of payout ?

Hi JJ,

LBA was sent out yesterday.

On the original letter received, they gave 28days to return back the accceptance form if you agreed with it. Up till now still not heard anything from them, even though the acceptance form was sent back in April.

Hi JJ,

On the original letter received, they gave 28days to return back the accceptance form if you agreed with it. Up till now still not heard anything from them, even though the acceptance form was sent back in April.

Well as stated mine was dated 6th May so therefore my 28 days is up,yet they confirmed over phone it would not count due to lost letter.

Still not happy with this verbal agreement so have photocopied all docs including a letter from me to them stating the discrpenacy in the date and sending recorded delivery not using their SAE in case it gets lost in the post.

Oh thanks to your posting have included in my letter that conformation required for when cheque is to be sent...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi JJ,

Hi Hotdog..not sure of your current situation but basically got my cheque this week...

Sent my letter last week Rec Del then called them every day to check if they had recieved it.Last person I spoke to on June 29th said letter ok and cheque on it's way..

Hey!! Sorry been very bust at work...in fact....always.

anyways, last week my other half received a cheque fro A & L with full payment.

RESULT!!!!

I thanks you noonmill.

X.x.X

Hey!! Sorry been very bust at work...in fact....always.

anyways, last week my other half received a cheque fro A & L with full payment.

RESULT!!!!

I thanks you noonmill.

X.x.X

Excellent news,already banked mine before the buggers changed their minds :)