Lowell Portfolio Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had an account with littlewoods and my total debt now due to extra charges and interest is now just under £600..

I have been receiving phone calls every day for the past few months reguarding the amount, in which i was told that my only option for repyament was 6 months at £100, or 3 months at £200. I later found that as long as i offer to pay an amount no matter how small...they can no longer take me to court, or send debt collectors around...im not too sure if that information is correct.

I then sent a letter to them in March to say that im on benefit blah blah and asked them if they would receive a payment of 20 a month. I never hard a thing until i had a voice message on my phone saying that my account was £60 in arrears but i couldnt figure it out,

So i called them, to which i was told that my offer of repayment was accepted and that a letter was sent to me. i told them that i never actually received that letter...and the womans tone of voice was not very nice afterards when she told me sternly that a letter had been sent out.....which i replied with the fact that im not denying that they sent a letter, just that i had never received it!

I now can not afford to pay the 60 in arrears so what shall i do now :(

Hi Abby,

Firstly, if that is your real name, I'd advise getting it changed. Lots of DCA's use these forums to get ideas. Just click the red triangle and ask.

Next. Don't speak to them on the phone. They will lie, cheat and bully you into paying more than you can afford.

Next. Do thay actually have the right to be collecting this debt. Just because they say so, doesn't make it so.

Did anyone send you a Notice Of Assignment?

How about a default Notice from Littlewoods?

Is your account made up of lots of charges. If so claim them back

More info will be forthcoming from other members, I can guarantee it as loads of hate the Leeds Losers with a passion. SAm for instance :D

fox

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hey, thanks for the speedy response.

Yes i received a few default notices from Littlewoods and then they sold my debt to Lowell...i have a lot of charges but dont know how to reclaim them as i have no evidence of it...

I get phone calls regularly but the only way to make a payment is over the phone so do i pay the 60 in arrears, but by doing this i will be seriously short as i only received 95 a fortnight... or do i tell them i wanna pay less..?

NO, don't pay them a penny. Lets start at the beginning.

send them a CCA request. Letter 8 from here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

That will slow them down.

Next send a SAR to Littlewoods. Letter 11

This is going to cost you a little. £1 for the CCA and £10 for the SAR but it could save you a fortune.

Do everything in writing and never speak to Lowells on the phone

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

The cca request needs to go to Lowells.

Don't sign the letter

Enclose a £1 postal order

Send recorded delivery

They have 12+2 working days to respond( the +2 days are for delivery and then the 12 don't include weekends or bank holidays)

The SAR goes to Littlewoods.

Again, send by recorded delivery

enclose a £10 postal order

they have 40 days from receipt to comply( straight days-not working days)

With the SAR it is better to sign your name but make it either slightly different to your normal one and photocopy it or put a couple of lines through it. This is because there have beeen reports that signatures have been "lifted" from letters to make up agreements.

When I had my account with lowells, I was paying by postal order or via the bank so when they say the only way to pay is via the phone, they lie!

Oh yes, DON'T RING THEM :D

The cca request needs to go to Lowells.

Don't sign the letter

Enclose a £1 postal order

Send recorded delivery

They have 12+2 working days to respond( the +2 days are for delivery and then the 12 don't include weekends or bank holidays)

The SAR goes to Littlewoods.

Again, send by recorded delivery

enclose a £10 postal order

they have 40 days from receipt to comply( straight days-not working days)

With the SAR it is better to sign your name but make it either slightly different to your normal one and photocopy it or put a couple of lines through it. This is because there have beeen reports that signatures have been "lifted" from letters to make up agreements.

When I had my account with lowells, I was paying by postal order or via the bank so when they say the only way to pay is via the phone, they lie!

Oh yes, DON'T RING THEM :D

I get that but do i wait for lowell to respond before sending subject request or do i sent them off, obviously to separate palces but at the same time.... n do i uncross or cross postal cheques?

Morning,

There is nothing wrong in sending them both at the same time.

With the postal orders, I would definitely go with crossed and on the back of the £1 one put "CCA fee only" and on the back of the £10 one, "SAR fee only"

The post office will cross them for you but ask them to do it as they don't automatically do it for you.

I may be teaching you to suck eggs here but make sure the spellings are correct on the postal orders. You don't want them any returned because of that.

fox

Morning,

There is nothing wrong in sending them both at the same time.

With the postal orders, I would definitely go with crossed and on the back of the £1 one put "CCA fee only" and on the back of the £10 one, "SAR fee only"

The post office will cross them for you but ask them to do it as they don't automatically do it for you.

I may be teaching you to suck eggs here but make sure the spellings are correct on the postal orders. You don't want them any returned because of that.

fox

I write on them do i, or do the cashiers at the post office? sorry i dont use the post office much so never sent a postal order b4... n do i tell them the amounts?

once i receive what im asking for....what would be the next stage?

Instead of getting the old type of postal order, the post office now print a cheque.

You give them the details of the payee ( or do it yourself and cross it yourself) It looks more professional.

Just ask them for a £1 postal order and a £10 one, state who the payee is for each one and then ask for them to be crossed. If you forget to ask them to cross it, no harm, just do it yourself.

Don't forget to send by recorded delivery too.

With littlewoods, unless you have moved and not updated your address with them, you will just wait the 40 days for them to reply. If you have moved, they will probably write asking for proof of who you are.

With the leeds losers, they will acknowledge your letter and then say they will attempt to comply within the 12 days but will let you know if they can't do that. Nothing much you can do really apart from wait.

hi abby:)

as fox says wait till they get back to you

they will acknowledge your cca request,claiming it is being retrieved from archives:rolleyes:

meaning they are begging the original creditor to find it.

keep a check on when you post/when they sign for it,

so you know when their 12+2 is up.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER