Toyota warranty expired but leaking shock absorbor

ash4197
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

even with second-hand goods you are entitled to statutory protection. You are entitled to expect that the goods will be of satisfactory quality -- meaning that they will be of the quality and standard which would be expected by a reasonable consumer. If you have just paid several thousand pounds for a vehicle which you have only had a few days then I fully expect that it is entirely reasonable not to have to fork out more money to have the suspension fixed. Furthermore it is against the law to sell a vehicle in unroadworthy condition and it may be that the leaking suspension means that the vehicle is unroadworthy.

Get an estimate for the proper repair. At the same time get the entire vehicle expected to see if there are any other issues.

Write a letter to the supplier and enclose a copy of the estimate for all repairs. Inform them that as they have just sold you the vehicle that it is their responsibility to remedy the defects and that if they will not then you will Sue them within seven days.

If they do not reply or if they do not reply satisfactory then issue a County Court claim. On the basis of what you say, you will not lose and you will recover your court fee as well.

If you purchased it and took it straight away for an MoT test and it failed, then the dealer is guilty of selling an unroadworthy vehicle and should repair post haste - regardless of whether any warranty that is available.

Thank you for the replies.

I have sent a letter to them stating that they sold a faulty car and it needs to be repaired.

As soon as I get a reply I will post the response.

Thanks again

Why didn't the dealer have an MoT done if it was due and why didn' you ask for one?

Were you issued with a failure or is the leak on the advisory?

If the vehicle is financed, then you should copy all letters to the dealer to the finance house as well.

Edited by Conniff

Hi, the 4x4 was bought as a trade sale and not a private sale on the forecourt.

On the invoice the garage put no Warranty given or implyed because it was a trade sale.

thanks

On the invoice the garage put no Warranty given or implyed because it was a trade sale.

thanks

If you are a consumer (as opposed to a motor trader yourself) then the above, wherever written, is meaningless.

A trader cannot abrogate his legal duties like this.

thanks

If you are a consumer (as opposed to a motor trader yourself) then the above, wherever written, is meaningless.

A trader cannot abrogate his legal duties like this.

Exactly. Are you a trader buying and selling ash?

Hi

No I am not a trader but when i was looking for a 4x4 one of my mates saw it on a trade website £1500 cheaper than on the forcourt.

We bought it under his garage name but I paid for it through a TT (same day transfer from my account).

the 4x4 is for the wife

Hope it's clear.