Sky Cancellation

jags85
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I entered into a 12 month Sky Talk contract in March 2009, we received a free sky box and free installation as part of the deal also a free switch over from a Virgin phone line to Sky (BT) as the previous home owner was on Virgin. They were great at the start and send out someone to fit the box and hook the TV up, when he left he said that as there was no phone line coming into the house that they would arrange a technician to come out to us to either reconect the line or put a new one in. A month later we received the Hub for the Broadband, than a couple of weeks later a letter giving us the date when the broadband would go active. Still no sign of when the techinician would be coming we called Sky to explain that we had been charged for 2 months line rental and Broadband but we could not receive the service as we had no line. The lady was very helpful and agreed to refund the charges and arrange someone to come out to sort the line out. 1 month down the line, we've not been refunded the charges and since been charged again and heard nothing about a techincian coming out to us. We called Sky last night (2nd June 09) to explain the situation and the lady on the phone didn't understand what the problem was as she said the line was active so that's why we're being charged. I explained that although the line may be showing as active there is no physical phone line entering into the house. The only line there is, is tacked to the wall outside and has been snipped, rolled up and tied up the exterior wall (obviously fron when Virgin came out to swith over the previous owner). I then asked to cancel Sky as they are not supplying the services we agreed to when we entered into the contract. We were then told that we would incur a cancellation charge...

Can they really do this? They aren't supplying the services yet are still charging us and are reluctant to send anyone out while the line shows as active on their end, even though it doesn't enter the house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to know where I stand before persuing this any further.

Thanks

Hi Jag,

if you want to get the line then call 08442 410 515 and say you are still waiting on engineer to install the line - they will have to transfer you to an internal number that can arrange this and they should give you the credit for the charges no problem, if you do get a numpty on the line then ask for customers services and state you want to speak to a manager there and then.

if you do want to cancel you will need to put it in writing and explaining the circumstances.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Jag,

if you want to get the line then call 08442 410 515 and say you are still waiting on engineer to install the line - they will have to transfer you to an internal number that can arrange this and they should give you the credit for the charges no problem, if you do get a numpty on the line then ask for customers services and state you want to speak to a manager there and then.

if you do want to cancel you will need to put it in writing and explaining the circumstances.

ida x

Dont ask for customer services and ask for a manager, there is absolutly nothing a customer service agent or manager would be able to do (they would just transfer you straight back to the department that made the mistake as most agents that work at customer service dont have access to a system called ''PDS'', thats the system they use to moniter the telephone systems for customers). If you want to get any where with sky you have to stick it out with the agent in the right department asking for a manager will get you no where'' a manager is there to manage a team not take calls thats what an agent is there for'' if you need to make a complaint to them you need to write in or email them

email = [email protected]

address = customer relations

sky subscriber services ltd

po box 43

EH547DD

Dont ask for customer services and ask for a manager, there is absolutly nothing a customer service agent or manager would be able to do (they would just transfer you straight back to the department that made the mistake as most agents that work at customer service dont have access to a system called ''PDS'', thats the system they use to moniter the telephone systems for customers). If you want to get any where with sky you have to stick it out with the agent in the right department asking for a manager will get you no where'' a manager is there to manage a team not take calls thats what an agent is there for'' if you need to make a complaint to them you need to write in or email them

email = [email protected]

address = customer relations

sky subscriber services ltd

po box 43

EH547DD

sorry to contradict but obviously you work for sky in an outsource department.

I stick by me original post

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

PDS would be if no help to fix this fault........ it sounds to me like the phone line was activated remotely, and BT actioned a visit reduction and didn't send an engineer out when the line was activated. I imagine their records would have shown all wiring was in place.

Usually the simple fix would be for an early life cycle failure to be logged to BT to get an engineer out to resolve.

Ida is correct - and yes, I do work for an outsource partner. And outsource partner team managers do take over phone calls.