Made some daft mistakes .. Do I start again?

greatburdon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before finding this site I sent a Subject access Request to Abbey on 16/04/2009, I did not send it registered. I have rang them today to find out why no response and let them know that the 40 days is nearly up, I sent 2 follow up letters to Debt Management & Recovery Services (Abbey disguised as a DCA !).

It came as no real surprise to find out that although they had my follow up letters logged, also sent ordinary post, there was no record of my SAR. I also was unaware at the time of the £10 fee so that has not been sent at all.

So as I am obviously a berk do I re-start the whole process by sending them a SAR (registered of course) with the appropriate fee and re-set the time table?

The account has an unauthorised overdraft of £134.64 and after speaking to a young lady who asked what the issues were that I had with Abbey, I explained, and she came back after seeking advice with a credit of £125 and how would I like to pay the balance of £9? I informed her that my claim was likely to be well in excess of that figure and that all I wanted was the information requested so I could establish the true amount owed by them. At this point she threatened the closure of the account and also threatened that my credit would be defaulted and did I realise my file would be noted as such for 6 years etc... The conversation was ended by me.

Ho hum .. Frustrated but not defeated ... Yet?? :cool:

greatburdon

Yes, you will have to start again.

You should also not get into telephone calls unless you are recording them. A comment such as you recened from the Abbey person you spoke to would have been very useful had it been recorded

• 2 weeks later...

Just started getting phone calls and text messages from an outfit called risk management alternatives based in Preston. The question I have is I have CCA'd Abbey, I have had no communication from them at all, the 12 + 2 has lapsed and I have followed up with a 'this account is in dispute' letter....I have no idea who this debt collection outfit are, I have not been informed by Abbey that they have (if they have) passed the alleged debt on, are they obliged to do so?

I have written to them informing them that the account they refer to is in dispute and they should check with Abbey. Do I CCA these DCA's as well?

Thanks

greatburdon

Have just received 2 years bank statements from Abbey (i requested a list of all default charges, unauthorised overdrafts etc since july 2001).

This account is overdrawn by £134.64 and now I can see how it is made up:

balance 2/8/09 26.79

11/09 paid bill 29.05 - 2.26

28/10 overdraft charge 25.00 -27.26

28/10 " " 25.00 -52.26

27/11 interest & chges 0.15 -52.41

27/11 overdraft chges 25.00 -77.41

27/12 " " 25.00 -102.41

27/12 int. & chges 1.16 -103.57

27/02 " " 1.76 -105.33

27/02 " " 2.24 -107.57

27/02 overdraft charge 25.00 -132.57

27/03 int. & chges 2.07 -134.64

I have only become aware of how I became 'overdrawn' by looking at this breakdown. I should have checked my statements but can only offer excuses why i didnt!

What I am trying to achieve is the balance to be cleared and as they have closed the a/c that would be resolution for me. I made the SAR request to see if I could reclaim bank charges as these would probably wipe out the overdrawn balance, bur now seeing how this -£134.64 has been built up i am wondering if just a letter stating a £2 overdrawn account escalating to £134.64 is unwarranted etc...

The payment of the bill on 11/09 obviously created the problem, although it was my belief that this was a "credit" only account and could not go overdrawn.

greatburdon

• 1 month later...

Received my SAR and have sent a schedule of bank charges/interest that I wish to recover along with the hardship letter expecting immediate response.

As the 14 days that I gave are now up is there a follow up? Perhaps a letter before action? Did have a look in the templates but was unable to track it down.

EDIT: Had another look .. Is this it?

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/112-letter-before-action-bank-charges

greatburdon

Edited by greatburdon