• Tweets

• Thousands more passengers could face delays or cancellations after an arson attack on France's train network on Friday.View the full article
    • you never use or give an email  2nd class stamp with free proof of posting from any po counter dx
    • Much appreciated for the ammendment. The snottier the better right!   What I am assuming is that this response is to be posted to Gladstones? However, I am seeing some users sending this as an email instead, which is a little confusing.  If we're happy with this response, what would you suggest is the best way to send it over to them (post/email), and is there anything additional I could include (if necessary)?  Thanks again! 
    • Hi I've read through other threads to better inform me of the process from here onwards. When I put in the MoneyClaim it gave me a claim number and it currently says to wait for the defendant to respond, they have until 7 August.   It seems their most likely action is to extend that a further 14 days to about 21 August - this hasn't happened yet, of course, as it is only 27 July but I'm anticipating that may be the case. when the expected defence action is taken by EVRi I will need to submit DQ with these responses A1 - no mediation B - my contact details C1 - yes to the small claims track D1 - No.  If No please state why.  I believe the defence will provide some rebuttal to the particulars of claim and so I need to include details as to why the claim requires a hearing.  Is there some certain templated text I can include here or will it vary depending on what the defendant comes back with? I see on the form it mentions the following: Relevant reasons include that there are factual disputes which will need the judge to hear from witnesses directly or the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally.  Hoping to reach out to see what may be the most effective statements for D1 reasoning. E1-5 are pretty straightforward. I want to get ahead of things and be ready to take the next step so I appreciate what advice you may have about the DQ.   Thanks!  
    • Rachel Reeves is set to reveal a public finances shortfall of billions on pounds after a snap audit.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

I wonder if you can help me. I received a PCCN on 3rd May for being parked in a 'pay and display car park' without a ticket. However, there wasn't any signs to show that it was one - the only signs were ones said it was for season ticket holders only between certain hours. I parked outside these hours. If there were any signs/machines - I certainly couldn't see them from where I was parked. Are there any regulations which say how many signs are needed etc?

I sent an appeal to NCP saying there was inadequate signage but they rejected it saying there was. They also discussed signs which they had on their database - these are not the signs I was referring to or saw in the car park. I sent back another appeal around 5 days ago asking for these to be sent to me as I think they're making it up. Is this heard of?

It was in a station car park if that makes any difference - they are quoting a breach of rail byelaws. Is this a legitimate breach?

Having read the forum, I realise I should probably had ignored it but had already appealed before I had read it.

I would be grateful for any help you could give me.

Kind Regards,

John

Look on here John for lots of useful info about dealing with parking tickets

Home | www.tpuc.org

• Haha 1

This e-book is what got me started http://www.freedomfiles.org/mary-book.pdf

This short film opened my eyes

http://www.flixya.com/video/1164060/Money_As_Debt_-_Forex

In truth we can find peace and in unity we can cause change

http://www.tpuc.org/

It was in a station car park if that makes any difference - they are quoting a breach of rail byelaws. Is this a legitimate breach?

Breaching railway byelaws can be a serious and enforcable offence, however PPCs don't seem to ever enforce legally under the byelaws. I wonder if it is anything to do with the fact that if they procecuted under byelaws they wouldn't get to see a penny of the fine?!

Having read the forum, I realise I should probably had ignored it but had already appealed before I had read it.

It's never too late to start to ignore a PPC. Start now!

I would be grateful for any help you could give me.

Kind Regards,

John

Can you post pics of the PCCN so that it can be checked that they haven't actually issued it under railway byelaws. The chances of them having done so are about nil, but it doesn't hurt to have it check. :)

Can you post pics of the PCCN so that it can be checked that they haven't actually issued it under railway byelaws. The chances of them having done so are about nil, but it doesn't hurt to have it check. :)

The ticket is pretty much identical to this one issued below (except the date/station is different):

Picasa Web Albums - Biggles - Parking Ticket

Thank you to the original poster for uploading their ticket!

Thanks for your advice.

Look on here John for lots of useful info about dealing with parking tickets

Home | www.tpuc.org

Good link. a very very small number of people understand equitable title, accepted for value etc and what signing government documents (or any documents) involves. Most people don't know the difference between a statement and a bill ! It should be taught in schools - but then so should the Three Rs.

• 1 month later...

hi can i ask for an update on this please? i've been given a ticket at the O2 car park its NCp but quotes the bye laws- say's i hadn't parked correctly in the bays. i ignored it but received a letter from them so not sure what my next steps should be - any help would be great

it says notice of breach of rail byelaws and it is the car park for the north greenwhich line by the O2 even though its NCP. there are 2 car parks there 1 is a pay and display(this is where i got the ticket) the other is a pay when you leave - they are next to each other and i thought they were both NCP. teh 2nd one people park where they like - even on double yellows and they do not get tickets

It IS fraud.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore their junkmail - expect letters from Roxburge and Graham White

Can you scan your ticket for us as well? I have about 10 now and want to forward them all to NCP's and NCL's local Trading Standards in Westgate and Croydon.

i'll try to get it scanned in also the letter. i've read on other websites that they are actually real tickets and i will have to pay? it doesn't say anything about increased amounts the letter says i have 28 days to dispute it.

surely as they have contacted me i need to at least respond saying i'm not going to pay it?

oh really no it doesn't it just says parking contravention charge notice - notice of breach of rail byelaws parking contravention charge no cp etc etc.

so i presume they'll do a follow up letter, then threaten me with legal action and then pass to a debt collector? what should i do / when if that happens?

thanks for all your help with this guys its much appreciated!:D

Debt collectors are powerless to do anything- so you just ignore them. If they visit your house you send them away (after telling them you are withdrawing their implicit right of access to your property, so any further visits constitute trespass). They can't even touch your credit score.

They could only send in bailiffs (which can take your goods) if all of the below happened:

they filed a claim against you (which you'd have the opportunity to defend)- this is very unlikely

-they won - this is almost inconceivable with a proper defence, focusing on the nature of the charge (a penaty charge) and the illegality of penalty charges

-and, having lost, you didn't pay the amount ordered by the court within 21 days of the court hearing

You've probably got more chance of winning the lottery.

There is no chance of them taking you to court for a "parking charge contravention notice" on which they clearly implied (illegally) that it was issued under byelaws. This statement is in itself fraudulent and if they want to show that to a court then I think you should give them all the help you can to get them there. :)

i found this in an old thread regarding bye laws should i be concerned? sorry if i'm soundin gparanoid just want to be 100% i should ignore my notice!

"this is slightly different from private car parks as the Railway have Bye-laws which are enforcable and ARE legal.

I believe that railway property is private land owned by the rail operating company. They have specific bye-laws in relation to what you can and cant do on railway property. you may find that you may be in breach of one of these bye-lawes, possibly bye-law25 or 26, I cant remember which one but I would suggest before taking any further action you go to any railway station and ask for a copy of the bye-laws. You are entitled to by law to ask for a copy and they DO have to issue you with such on request. Sorry to put a dampener on things but as I said, these Bye-Laws are similar to local statute laws that the councils use.

I used to be in the British Transport Police so I do have some knowledge in relation to the Bye-Laws."

My understanding is that they could, in theory, take the OP to a magistrates' court under byelaw 14, but any fine payable would go to the Government and not to the PPC.

I think this explains why no PPC, as far as I know, has ever taken anyone to court over a byelaw offence- there's nothing in it for them.

Therefore, I don't think the OP has anything to worry about.

• 4 weeks later...

hi just received anothe rletter from NCP- a pre legal notification saying if i do not pay in 14 days of issue of this notice the case will be passed on to a debt collectin agencu who may commence enforcement proceedings via the county court.

it also goes on to say a county court judgement would be placed on public record etc etc

then it says if the court judgement were to remain unsatisfied a warrant of execution would then be issues by court bailiffs

i am now getting worried - should i not at least respond to contest the fine in teh first place? i knwo everyone keeps saying ignore everything but i'm a woman on my own so am getting extremely worried