• Tweets

• Ok Thank you DX will do just that . will keep you up dated.
    • dispute it with whichever cra provider is now showing it. simply state the a/c is from 2015 and was defaulted (date) and should not have re appeared. probably getting ready to sell it on. dx
    • Hi Caught Shoplifting at John Lewis - Retail loss Prevention/Other shoplifting allegations. - Consumer Action Group Thanks a lot for commenting this experience of yours. I do understand this might be something that you are not willing to talk about anymore but the same exact scenario happened with me today at John Lewis. They took my name/ address/ a picture of me holding a signed banned letter. the only questions I've got are... will I be contacted by the police will this be recorded as police caution or criminal record?  I would really really appreciate if you could let me know how it went.  I am so so so ashamed of myself and am really making changes in my life I feel like I've lost myself for a period of my life but anyways it would be really great to hear back. Thanks 
    • I thought Delinquent ment "missing payments" its active so assumimg it can be seen ? also this is the only thing change on my credit file and that in its self being re added has dropped my credit score . the debt is SB and did drop off my credit file so how have or how can they re add it again ?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

British Gas and their mistakes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BG has made a few c**k ups with regards to my family and recently myself and I need some advice in getting money back paid to them that they shouldnt of been getting in the first place.

1st story,

My boyfriend took over a works unit, BG was adamant that they were the supplier to that unit, so when the bills came in my boyfriend paid them, a while later he started getting bills from Eon, he called BG and they again were adamant that they were the supplier so he ignored the bills from eon, until he got a letter from eon stating that they were the supplier and he needed to pay them or they would take steps to get a warrant to have his supply cut off. He called them and explained that he had been paying BG and that they told him that they were the supplier, any way this went back and forth and it was eventually investigated by eon and it turns out that BG has been billing my boyfriend for the wrong meter that belongs to another unit, not even for the meter he uses.

Eon now wants over 1000 pounds or they will cut him off.. these bills have been estimated and in no way does he use that much for a start this is a very small part time business and the most he uses is a welder about once a month and lights. Ive written to eon (still awaiting a reply) to ask that they reduce this amount and for my boyfriend to take weekly readings for the next month so that they can get a better estimate of how much he uses.. this has been going on for over 3 almost three years... He has asked for BG to repay all the money that he has paid them but as yet they have not responded.. the bills were paid over 2 years ago.. does he stand a chance getting this money back.. it would certainly be a big help towards eons bills. Also how far back can a supply company claim bills for.

2nd story

My daughter moved into her home.. it had a gas box but she had no gas in the house.. she was there for only 6 months.. when she moved she got a bill from BG for over 300 pounds, estimated.. she calls them up and was told that she owed it because they supplied her gas.. she told them she didnt run any gas appliances so how could she owe it.. they told her she still had to pay a standing charge.. but surely thats not over 300 pounds.. she told them she is not going to pay it and they need to get their mistakes sorted before sending her any more bills.. its now gone over to debt collectors and she gets calls on average about 4 times a week demanding that she pays this.. even though she has explained time and time again that she dosnt owe it.. can she get this stopped.. if so how.

3rd story

i moved into a new property and guess what BG was the supplier to both gas and electric, electric is on a key meter.

going by the trouble my daughter and boyfriend had and also wanting to stay with my supplier from my old premises i go through the motions of switching.. 1st problem, even though they have sent bills to 'the new occupier' they deny that they supply neither gas or electric:confused: after long conversations with BG and calling my old supplier they confirm that BG do supply the property.. took them a few mins on the phone, pity BG cant be arsed to do that. So now BG have got me as a customer, (not for long)

2nd problem, they pair my property up with a wrong meter even though I gave them the serial number they still got it wrong, so when my old supplier try and change things over BG deny them because the previous occupier owes them over 300 pounds. actually it was some one who lived here over 2 years ago. I have also found out that I am paying off a debt that the previous owner had at 7 pounds aweek.:-x

3rd problem I am getting red bills for the gas and threats of debt collectors in the name of 'the occupier' even though they know I am at this address and have registered with them and they have the serial number of the gas box, paired to this address. I call them and they tell me to ignore them and no more will be sent out... wrong Im still getting them..

They admit their mistakes and say they will compensate me and refund me back the money that I have forked out, but wont pay me until the matter is resolved.. im still paying the debt on the meter and im on benefits and cant afford to pay out for this Im having to not use my oven and use my washing machine and tumble dryer only for a very short time during the week.. im disabled and need to use these things, but they are not pulling their finger out.. and you know what .. their sales team call me up the other day and ask why I want to leave BG.. So I tell them then ask would they stay with a provider who cant get it right ...

how long should I leave this until I start complaining to the next level.. its been over a week now since I found all this out and cant wait for much longer.. its making me really ill now and get upset over thos on a daily basis.. I have to check the meter every day to make sure I have enough to get me through the week.

I wouls appriciate any help on this matter.

I am having problems with British Gas although not quite the same as you. You can see my thread further down the page (Got in a tangle between British Gas and Scottish-Southern)

I got my situation moving towards being cleared up by contacting: Consumer Direct and they will intervene on your behalf. When you contact these companies on your own they have no interest in helping you as you have no power.

A quick email from Consumer Direct and they are falling over themselves to resolve my complaint.

Edited by dunncha
doh! Spelling

I am having problems with British Gas although not quite the same as you. You can see my thread further down the page (Got in a tangle between British Gas and Scottish-Southern)

I got my situation moving towards being cleared up by contacting: Consumer Direct and they will intervene on your behalf. When you contact these companies on your own they have no interest in helping you as you have no power.

A quick email from Consumer Direct and they are falling over themselves to resolve my complaint.

Thanks for that I will get right on it now.. just had more problems with them and basically trying to blackmail me into staying with them.. not going to compensate me even though twice they have said they would and now are not going to give me back the money i have paid with the debt on the meter.. im so angry im crying

Tell them to confirm everything in writing via email as you have now involved Consumer Direct as it would be easier to forward all correspondence to them that way.

They will tell you how it works with Consumer Direct is they sort the problem with you and then inform Consumer Direct on your behalf. Just tell them you want your own record. insist. They won't like it and will send you a micky mouse email thanking you for you time in discussing you problems. reply back saying

'in our telephone conversation you said this how will this work blah blah blah' That way they have to respond to you specific questions and you have a record. And if they don't respond another complaint to Consumer Direct.

A telephone call isn't worth the paper its written on.