Letter form Barclays DCA 48hrs to respond

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today i have received a letter from mercer stating that i have 48hrs to make a payment to my long overdue account, despite the fact Barclays have not sent me a CCA which was requested in January. I have sent an in dispute letter but haven't received a reply. What do i do, can i report then to the Financial ombudsman and is it likely the ombudsman will prevent them from demanding money whilst i do not receive a CCA. Will the DCA keep applying defaults to my credit file until the matter is takne to court. Will they take me to court, the debt is for £4600? i have so many questions but no answers.

Please help

good morning

I am an absolute novice here so definitely wait for some more experienced advisor but my understanding is (and I'm in the same position with another creditor) that they are not allowed to take any enforcement action whilst the account is in dispute.

I got a great letter from CCM on this site so you will no doubt get the same support

Edited by Sunshine54
clarity

=================================================================

remember

the Sun is always shining, it's just that you can't see it sometimes

Hi,

Should the DCA contact you, send them this letter:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute.html

I don't think that will stop them chasing but it puts you in a stronger position when it comes time to make complaints.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the replies everyone, i did sent barclays £1 postal order, which they have received, they then sent me a CCA that they said is like the one i would have signed. They are forgetting that i had a morgan stanley card which has now been bought by barclays, so for them to send me a barclays credit agreement is obsurd. The agreement that was sent to me was just a freshly printed upto date agreement with none of my detals or singature.

Morning

There is a thread from another CAGGER which was for the same circumstances as you. They had a Morgan Stanley Card which was sold to Barclays and Barclays tried to provide a Barclays agreement.

That CAGGER won, so take a read of their thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/168312-morgan-stanley-cca-received.html