• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

2 defaults Egg and Vodaphone - Default hell!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sarrah i am in exactely the same boat as you though i had two contracts with Vodafone and did exactely the same and asked them to remove the defaults as the accounts where settled over a year ago in full but all they did was put that it was satisfied on my record and these two defaults is causing me soo much headache it is untrue. I reckon i wouldnt have a problem with these two removed. I asked them to remove them and they told me to get lost. This information looks supurb. :D If i dont get a good credit rating asap for me and my girlfriend which allows us to try and get our loans on lower APRs than what we are paying at the minute and cut our bills down drastically we might end up splitting up after 9 years together. Dont these companies realise how much heartache they cause. Yes we put ourselves in these positions but it is even more once these accounts are settled to cause us more headache for the next 6 years of our lifes and put extra strain on these problems.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to go off the subject but looking at my credit file i have 25 entries say, and say 20 of them are settled, is it worth leaving these on my credit file or getting them removed. If you think that they should be left on there if they are settled is it worth trying to get removed the ones that show where missed payments where regestered for many months at a time or still leave them on?

cheers for the info.

P.S i also spoke to CRA and they said the ammount of searches also affect your credit rating, can these be removed also?

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Also can you please tell me this. Vodafone may come back like they already did saying that my account was first set up from a previous supplier forget there name now but they closed down and Vodafone took them over so my first contract was with them and if i wish to get my contract then i should contact them. :S Where how can you if they no longer operate. Surely if this is the case aswell and i didnt sign a contract with Vodafone i am not bound by their terms and conditions am i? and if not then i gave them no right to issue the default against my name no? Sure this info will come in handy for other people reading aswell.

Yes thats it Singlepoint. Well as i said earlier i sent Data Protection Act 30th May no response as of yet. Should of done things by letter but didnt, i did things by phone over the last week to get something done with regards to the DPA. Got through to a girl call cathy from swansea who ran around for me :D to her line manager who inturn emailed the Data Controller Manager to contact me who did the same day. Assured me once again that data will be delivered recorded delivery within 48 hours. Well still nothing 3 days later. Rang up again spoke to Jodie from Hartlepool who werent as much helpful as Cathy. She told me there is no such person as the Data Controller Manager nor is there any dept that deals with getting sensitive info for me and also doesnt know how to contact someone who deals with the credit reference agencies. :S She had also spoken to her line manager who inturn spoke to his manager (Whatever LOL) and they dont know about any of these people or who they are or how to contact them.

Jodie " Why you want to speak to them?"

ME "To ask where my paperwork is and to make sure you send me the right info so i dont have to chase you up again"

Jodie "But your contract was with SinglePoint and not us so we wont have your contract SinglePoint will and they no long exsist" BIG SMILE :)

ME " So you reckon you wont be able to give me my contract then?"

Jodie " No your account is closed and i would be able to see if you had a contract with us from my screens" (Would they? Doubt it)

Told her to go through my notes where she stubbles across Cathys notes that her Line Manager has sent an email to the DCM to contact me that day. I said told you i had spoken to the DCM and there is such a person.

ME "Now can you email them again please and tell them to call me?"

Jodie "No sorry don't know how to get ahold of them as we don't know who this person is"

ME "Ok then seeing as you, your line manager and his manager don't know how to deal with contacting people, (Quickly gets in do you think you should ask your company to give you more training or a list of deptment contacts ;) ) Can you please email the very nice Cathy who i dealt with several days ago to give me a call who will be able to help me asap."

Jodie "Yeap sure no problem"

ME "Thankyou very much for everything you have done for me today it was really helpful" Not in a scarcastic way or rude i might add.

That was roughly how the convo went for around 40mins. I know i should do things by letter but waiting 2 and a half months for info just gets even slower now with letters as noone seems to be pulling their fingers out.

Yes sorry for putting my problems in on your thread but thought that this convo might come in handy with regards to the account previously being with Singlepoint on arguing this with you. Or even helping on finding out on where you stand with reagards to the contract previously being with Singlepoint before Vodafone took over.

The judge asked them to consider was I a financial risk to the nation, in that I had not accrued a CIFAS or GAIN marker.

EX537 another wonderful post you are teaching so many people regarding these issues someone send the queen a letter of knighthood for public services lol ;)

With the issue on the quote above regarding CIFAS. I am registered with CIFAS, through my own choice which cost me £11 per year. Having this doesnt have a bearing on your credit file does it? I thought that if on there it will just help protect your credit file from being used by other people no, and didnt have an affect other than that lenders just needed to double check who you are when applying for credit?

CIFAS markers are a double-mechanism for the credit industry. It stands for Credit Industry Fraud Avoidance Scheme and was introduced to try and help alert lenders to fraudulent activity, suspected or otherwise.

No what happened and i am getting p1ssed off with it, was that in october i had a letter come through the door from aktiv kapital saying i owed 3 debts, river island, dorethy perkins and burtons totalling around 4k. I immediately rang them up and said what!!!. They said you are Mr P S Smith aint you? ( Names Changed for reasons) I said now i am MR P W Smith. Oh have you ever lived at such and such a street in Birmingham? i said no never ever i live nearly 300 miles away from there. Is your date of birth 20/10/1957? No it is 20/10/1977. Oh it must be a mistrace then we will remove the linked addresses from your file. Anyway got a record of this guys credit record dont ask me how, and it showed that he had been paying these accounts off for a good few years and then all of a sudden the payments stopped. The following month they are back on my credit file this time from G E Money who are the ones who own the debt and they did a trace and it threw me up once again. Went through the whole sh!te again and said to them "look the guy might of died as he had been paying constantly for years and now nothing" ok they said we will remove it. Low and behold come april this year same sh1te once again from aktive kapital who again have been passed the debt from G E Money. Rang them up again will you please remove this cr@p from my file and stop putting it on there. Contacted the CRAs who said sorry we cant remove it at your request even though this keeps happening and if they put it on there they can do and you have to prove that it isnt yours by contacting them or us contacting them and seeing if the information is correct. I said they keep mistracing it back to me and it aint mine. But it just keeps continuing. BUt i thought i aint taking no risks and put the CIFAS on there.

• Confused 1

Pford regarding the issue you just pointed out and likewise what surelybonds must of enquired about ;) i to spoke to the CRA Experian the yesterday and also pointed out to the person on the phone if she could please inform me on what part of the law covers the part about the 6 year rule of defaults staying on your credit file? i said i know that when a judge signs off a CCJ, that it stays on your credit file for 6 years and that is under law but what about the default.? she said oh erm oh erm can you hold the line for a second :cool: she came back to me and pointed out that there is nowhere within the facts of law that state it is 6 years but it is where a group of financial bodies got together and decided that in the interests of the industy that the CRAs should keep it on files for 6 years. So i said what your telling me then is that there it is not written down anywhere within Law that states this fact and that if it was challenged in a court of Law you couldnt show it written down that it is 6 years? oh erm well erm NO. LOL :p Oh ok then thankyou very much for that information i didnt think that there was :-D

Surely if there is nowhere written in Law that they can do this then they have nothing to back this 6 year factor of keeping it on your records if it ever went to court no? Just cause the British Bankers Association and the Data Protection Registrar decided this again just like the Bank Charges, just cause the bank say they will charge £40 dont make it right so just like this just cause they say 6 years again surely dont make it right. no?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sarah nice to see you back ;) On the notes with Vodafone i have really been hassling them over the last month or so. I have been dealing with Amanda Chandler as she says she is the only data controller. Now of late I have been emailing her as the response gets quicker but let me say the only real way that any of us are going to get things sorted is by issuing court proceedings. I have on many occasions gave them the opportunity to disclose the information but all they ever come back with is that they dont have to supply your credit agreement or when you ask them to prove that they have your permission to supply data to the cras her response to that is that they dont need your permission :O Cheek of it.

Anyway my advise is just give them the time that they need from a courts point of view that you have done things within your power to give them the opportunity to produce the documents and if they dont then start legal proceedings. Here is the Address that Amanda Chandler has told me to send my court papers to. Her reply

"I have no doubt that you will keep your word and issue court proceedings, and would advise therefore the our contact details for such course of action are:

Legal Department, Vodafone Limited, Baird House - Second Floor, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN"

On another note it might be worth doing what i did though they dont seem really willing to do it but i did tell them that i have explored every avenue and that the law does state that if the company in question cannot produce that you gave them permission to process your data then the CRAs should not allow them to. They do come back and say well we dont have to ask for proof, but when you tell them that the only way for them to prove it is to produce the documents and that in the interests of your personal data they should get off their backsides and actually check, that might get you somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sarah and everyone else someone has had success with vodafone all be it by having to issue court proceedings. Looks like it is the only way forward at the minute to get them to budge at removing the data.

Click Link Here