Overdraft Problem

Supernatural1987
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok i dont know if this is the right place to ask, im with Nationwide and as this current situation with jobs , i havent worked since novemeber and i had an overdraft of £300 now i never got a letter stating they were taking it off and now ive had 2 thretening letters even though i did respond to the first via email i now got a new one today to say if i dont pay the £300 by april 3rd they are sending me to court, now is there anyting i can do i was hoping i could write to them, im sure theres lots of people out there thats is way more debt than me thats also out of a job, i did offer them in my email £10 a month for now until i can pay it off, but i never heard back from them, and im really starting to worry, i really am scared there going to send me to court or debt people are going to turn up at my house, so what i was wondering is there anything i can do, as im jobless surely they shold be happy with me paying £10 a month at least its something isnt it?

But any help i would be grateful, i really not a phone person nor going into a branch if i can help it, id rather sort it out via mail to them

Thank - you

if you have written to them making an offer then start paying it and keep doing so regardless to what they say.

dont worry about DCA's turning up at your door, they have NO LEGAL POWERS to do so.

only a bailliff can do that & thats after its been to court which is a VERY big IF , if at all.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well ive wrote the letter i sent in an email so im going to post that off tomorrow and see what they say, Surely they know the problems with jobs and stuff, and ive been payin my fee's even if they are only like £4 a month but still its frustrating, :( hope i can get it sorted.

Have you tried ringing Nationwide? I have a much bigger overdraft than you and they sent me a letter giving me 7 days to pay it back, which I couldn't do.

They agreed to a set amount a month that I can pay and my overdraft reduces by that amount each month until it is paid off.