• Tweets

• You can counter a Judges's question on why you didn't respond by pointing out that any company that charges you with stopping at a zebra crossing is likely to be of a criminal mentality and so unlikely to cancel the PCN plus you didn't want to give away any knowledge you had at that time that could allow them to counteract your claim if it went to Court. There are many ways in which you can see off their stupid claim-you will see them in other threads  where our members have been caught by Met at other airports as well as Bristol.  Time and again they take motorists to Court for "NO Stopping" apparently completely forgetting that the have lost doing that because no stopping is prohibitory and cannot form a contract. Yet they keep on issuing PCNs because so many people just pay up . Crazy . You can see what chuckleheads they are when you read their Claim form which is pursuing you as the driver or the keeper. they don't seem to understand that on airport land because of the Bye laws, the keeper is never liable.   
    • The video-sharing app told the BBC that a "very limited" number of accounts had been compromised.View the full article
    • The King is the second monarch to appear on Bank of England notes which will be fed gradually into the system.View the full article
    • The King is the second monarch to appear on Bank of England notes which will be fed gradually into the system.View the full article
    • luckily like this thread VCS/DCB(L) PCN spycar capture - PAPLOC Now claimform - no Stopping in Restricted Zone - Bristol Airport ***Claim Dismissed*** - Page 4 - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group although no on the crossing, same applies to you so WS time. there are numerous threads here on pedestrian crossing claimforms by VCS at Bristol and at other airports so use our enhanced google searchbox and find them. really a bad idea to vanish for SIX months and not been have reading up here.....................  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

debt elimination

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok you need to wathc te donlt bump you off as eversheds will have very little to supply under sar as as you send to NR theyare responsible.

when did you send it?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

in fact i would not acknowlege anything from eversheds in reply to your sar. it wasn't them you sent it to

send this to NR when 40 days are up:

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

you want transactions from opening the account/6 years til now it's NR responsibility as eversheds will not have any of the info

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Ida,

I sent the SAR request initially earlier this year to N.Rock, for ages they didn't reply, so i sent one of those 'comply in 7 days' letter, suggested , i think by you or silverfox. Anyway, it was Eversheds who sent 6 pages as i've described above. Even i, a novice, realises that these pages are not the full request because the transactions & residual notes only go back to March 2007. I think personally they are stalling for time, Eversheds are obviously acting on behalf of N.Rock and the latter do not want to contact me for some reason, but i do realise now that N.Rock should be sending me this info.

Oh, the letter acompanying the 6 pages read :-

Re: Subject Access Request for account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please find attached the detailed history of the above account.

If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

I had to laugh at the word detailed.

What do i do from here then, send the letter in the post above suggested by Ida? N.Rock have already received £10 for the SAR, so i think they are defaulting, am i right?

Sincerely

lincsloon

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again everyone, help is desperately needed, to do with the above posts & more, but i think i'll start with giving the forums a full detailed history of where i started & where i am now. Incidentally, silverfox, ida, etc.... i haven't found anyone with a scanner, so that i can show you that poor excuse for a S.A.R that Eversheds sent on behalf of Northern Rock, nor have i had the time to get to an internet cafe to use one, or been able to afford one myself, as yet. However i did write out the letter today, suggested by ida in the above post, of which i'll mention in my post later, but haven't sent yet until i receive some advice off of here. I'll call this account N.Rock 2.

Right then here goes. Back in the late 90's, early 00's i was getting in too deep with debt, partly my own fault, partly my ex-wifes, i was blinded by love, too soft for my own good & whatever she wanted she got. She got me to get credit for her & promised to pay it back. If i said no, she'd put on the 'puppy-dog' eyes & if that didn't work she got more bullish & made me suffer. I'd always give in, as i was besotted with her, didn't want to lose her & the very thought made me feel ill. Our relationship deteriorated & during the last year of our marriage i found out she had been cheating on me, i was gutted. I'm sure you can imagine what response i got when i asked her to pay back what she owed, as it was all in my name i didn't stand a chance, short of killing her there was nothing i could do. She paid for & was granted a quick divorce & went back to live with her ex-boyfriend. I still had my flat & mortgage at least.

However 18 months later, i was getting very depressed, barely getting through each month, financially & emotionally. The debt was too much, i had no social life, it was my beautiful Mom that was keeping me from going under, i.e. helping with my washing, cooking my tea etc...

I then started looking at Debt Management companies & eventually decided to contact Spectrum Financial Protection. A salesman turned up, looked at my finances calculated my debt, which included the maximum interest possible & advised it would be better if i took out a 5 year plan called an Informal Arrangement, due to the amount of debt i had, which in turn would mean my mortgage would be relatively safe.

My total debt owed to 5 creditors was - £42,000.

I don't want to talk about my 3 lowest owed creditors, they aren't a problem & i'm confident i can sort them out soon. My 2 largest creditors are both Northern Rock, which totals over 30 grand between them, i'll call them N.Rock 1 & N.Rock 2.

Anyway i took this Informal Arrangement with Spectrum in Nov 2004, i had to pay them a fee of a lump sum of £816 over 3 months initially, then £30 per month thereafter, up to the present day, this arrangement is due to expire next month, but i believe will carry on if i so wish.

Now i was happy enough, because my debts were greatly reduced, although my lifestyle still not good & therefore got rid of my mortgage in early 2005 & have rented ever since.

Life was better, health improved etc.. The thing is, N.Rock 1 account was still sending letters of varying degrees & of the 5 creditors, were the only ones who didn't sell the debt to a DCA. Everytime i called Spectrum they sort of reassured me & contacted N.Rock on my behalf, as they should have anyway.

That is until March this year when the N.Rock 1 account issued a CCJ against me & Spectrum sent me a letter saying because a CCJ had been issued i would have to pay the N.Rock 1 account myself, albeit the same amount as what i was paying to Spectrum to disburse on my behalf to N.Rock 1. I protested to Spectrum about this, but they said that as an Informal Arrangement is not a legal thing, that they can do this. Now i weren't happy at all, because back in 2004 the salesman said i'd be protected for 5 years & that there'd be a review then. All vebally told, you see. N.Rock 1 said that the payment i'm making to them would be for 6 months.

Anyway i then started to read about debt elimination & if mis-sold PPI or that the contract had fatal flaws in the wording the debt could be wiped out. I took on Monster.com in May this year to challenge N.Rock 1 of the legality of the debt, it hasn't been decided yet, (next week i was told over the phone last Monday), but i'm getting worried because the 6 month period of me paying the reduced amount to N.Rock 1 is up this month & they're getting bullish & started harrassing me about paying the full contractual amount. Which leads me to believe that i/Monster haven't got anything on them. What do the folks on here suggest? I still can't afford to pay them much more, maybe £30 a month, that's it.

I decided to test the N.Rock 2 account myself, requested the S.A.R myself & their DCA/Solicitors, i.e. Eversheds, sent out the poor reply i received in August, of which i told the forums about in the above posts.

Today i wrote this letter out, with the intention of sending it to N.Rock 2 , shall i send it to them?:-

"Further to my letter approximately 6 months ago requesting a Subject Access Request for the above account, you have not complied with the request.

I received what can be termed 'loosely' as an S.A.R, from Eversheds LLP, who i presume are a debt recovery agency. It was not worth the paper it was typed on, to be honest. There was a series of transactions and residual notes that only go back as far as March 2007, through to April 2009. I need a full S.A.R and i require all information from yourselves, from the inception/start date to the present. I am not acknowledging Eversheds or anyone else, only yourelves with whom i signed the contract with, as it is your responsibility and only you should have the information.

Therefore:-

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request.

If you do not comply within the next 7 days, i shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without notice."

Yours Faithfully

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What does the board think? Any advice would be gratfully appreciated, as i'm getting worried. I had a go at Spectrum the other day, about receiving my money easily enough, but not protecting me enough.

lincsloon

P.S. By the way, all my debts either loans or credit cards are unsecured.

I would write that letter out again but remove emotion. Stick to the point and make bullet points of what you think is missing, I.E

All statements

Screenshots

Phone records

Agreement(s)

Default notice

Termination notice (if applicable)

NoA (if the debt has been sold)

Statments like this,

"I received what can be termed 'loosely' as an S.A.R, from Eversheds LLP, who i presume are a debt recovery agency. It was not worth the paper it was typed on, to be honest."

I believe, don't do you any favours.

Short, sweet, to the point and professional at all times

Once you know that you are beating them, then sarcasm is ok :D

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi lincsloon

I've been on payment plans with my creditors for over 2 years now, all arranged myself without the use of a dmc.

Nearly all of them send letters every six months stating something along the lines of 'you will need to increase your payments or we will be seeking the full amount', but each time I simply tell them I can't increase it and include a budget sheet outlining this. They have never refused, and I have never increased my payments.

It is standard practice for creditors to become bullish when plans are due to end, but I would imagine this is simply so that anyone who may have come into a slightly better situation is scared into paying more. If you can't afford it, they can't have it; it's that simple.

With the SAR, if it helps this is one of the non-compliance letters I have used. I personally have found it's better to direct them to everything you require rather than leaving it up to them to work it out.

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST – NON COMPLIANCE

DO NOT IGNORE.

I received my Subject Access Request (that was due on the 15th April 2009) last month, after your various attempts at stalling.

I have now had time to read through it, and find that you have merely sent a set of statements, some letters I have sent to you, and a single page of notes for the period 2007-2009.

I was explicit in my requirements and I will repeat them here, and so that you can not possibly attempt to delay or obstruct again, I am enclosing a copy of the original request for full details.

Items still outstanding:

-Any contracts and related terms. This includes any original signed agreements and their associated (ie historic) terms and conditions. I do not require generic unsigned agreement forms. This is not a request under the Consumer Credit Act and you may not supply me with unsigned documents

-Hard copies of all documents pertaining to me, including any default or termination notices.

-Where any documents have been destroyed or deleted, details of how, why and when this happened, including supporting evidence of the same.

-A full set of notes for the history of my account. I require the full communications log, not a single page of entries.

-Statements from the opening of my account until now.

-All information is to cover the minimum 6 year period (excluding statements where I am requesting the full account history), not the 2 years you have sent.

Full details are included in the enclosed copy of my original request. Please ensure it is read by someone who is able to deal with it and that no points are ignored.

As you are already vastly over your legal requirements regarding the time you have to send my information, I feel an extra 7 days is more than fair. With that in mind, I will expect to have delivery of all the above information at most 7 days after you receive this Recorded Delivery letter.

Failure to adhere to this will result in a complaint being made to the Information Commissioners Office.

I look forward to receiving my information very soon, and certainly within the next 7 days.

Yours sincerely

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

While I'm thinking of it, do you or do you know anybody with a digital camera?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks ever so much guys, i'm glad you replied in time as i was about to send the letter out.

However i have spoke to a solicitor this morning, he thinks the best route is bankruptcy for the level of debt i have & that N.Rock are loathe to accept IVA's. Also, i've been told that the business i gave Monster.com to see if the N.Rock account could be unenforceable, has been a waste of money, because if their paperwork/S.A.R wasn't in order then the Court wouldn't have issued a CCJ against me. I'm still mulling over my options, but any thoughts off of the guys/gals on her would be much appreciated.

lexis, i've implemented the exact wording you suggest, into the letter to N.Rock, thanks mate.

silverfox, sound advice as ever, thanks mate

Good. Don't forget to obscure ALL identifiable info, including code numbers however innocuous the seem.

Edited.....My comp has gone bonkers and when I clicked on the link it sent me to another post earlier on in this thread. I replied but have now removed my post as it is irrelevant:rolleyes: