• Tweets

• I plan to be honest to avoid any further trouble, tell them that the name should be changed to my official name
    • There is no evidence that I was issued a PCN that was placed on the car and removed. It seems that I was issued a £60 PCN on the 8th of March (the parking date) but it was never placed on my car, instead,  they allege that they posted the PCN on the 13th of March and deemed delivered on the 15th. I never got this 1st £60 PCN demand. I only know about all of this through the SAR. I only received the second PCN demanding £100, which was deemed delivered on 16/04/2024 - that is 39 days after the parking incident.  I did a little research and "Legislation states that postal PCNs must be sent within 28 days, unless otherwise stated in the Regulations." as per London Councils Code of Practice on Civil Parking Enforcement.  The main issue is that I was not aware of the 1st £60 PCN as I didn't receive it - I'm not sure how this relates to the 28-day rule because that rule applies to the initial £60 PCN. PCM could say that "we sent him the letter by post and it was deemed delivered on the 15th of March" therefore the 28-day rule does not apply.  As regards the safety of the parking attendant, that is clearly something he chose to feel and he made the decision that his safety was threatened - I didn't even see him or had any interaction with him. I'm nearly 50 and I definitely don't look aggressive 😊  
    • okay will do. I'll let you know if anything transpires but once again - many thanks
    • Personally I would strongly suggest not risking going there with debts. Very possible you wont get back out again. And I know many in that position. Not jailed just unable to leave. the stories of Interpol in other countries sounds far fetched but in and out of Dubai is not a good idea. only two weeks ago a mate got stopped albeit a govt debt.
    • BTW the time in and out is less than 10 mins, more than 5 in case that's relevant? I saw an article posted on here about a year ago a proposed legislation change but i don't know if that went through or not? I'm also a blue badge holder but there it was a regular parking spot.   Private parking fines to be capped at £50 WWW.BBC.CO.UK Drivers will also need to be given a grace period for lateness, as part of a crackdown on parking firms.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

unknown Carter CCJ for Tesco Credit Card - set aside help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want to keep it?....as soon as you default on any of them they will reduce your limit to the current balance, and raise the interest rate sky high.

You reckon ?

If they do I will have to CCA them too, but I can't recall when I took it out (Smile CC). :mad:

Thing is, the banks/DCAs are all joined at the hip with the CRAs, so the minute anything happens to your credit file they all know about it and react accordingly (even something as simple as a couple of credit searches can trigger it (one reason i don't recommend searching your own credit file)

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just joined this thread, some interesting stuff. My cards are mostly pre 2004 any like some of you my back is against the wall and I just have to try and dump anything unenforceable due to unemployment problems. Interesting what you say about not searching your credit file, I never thought of that, but how would you know if something had put a default against you if you don't search your file. I just joined CreditExpert to check my file for that, but only used it once. Some advice would be helpful. Roko

Hi all, just joined this thread, some interesting stuff. My cards are mostly pre 2004 any like some of you my back is against the wall and I just have to try and dump anything unenforceable due to unemployment problems. Interesting what you say about not searching your credit file, I never thought of that, but how would you know if something had put a default against you if you don't search your file. I just joined CreditExpert to check my file for that, but only used it once. Some advice would be helpful. Roko

The minute you start defaulting on your payments to credit card companies/banks, you can take it for granted that markers will have been placed on your credit files with the CRAs, once it gets to the stage where one of them issues a default notice that will be on there as well.

So theres really no need to search it yourself

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I have stopped paying all of them, so I can assume therefore my credit file is well and truly marked, I have had £12 penalties on a couple even though they have received Account in Dispute letters from me, and NWB CC are threatening to issue a default on one of my husband's can they do that when the account is in dispute and, how would you stop them, whilst its in dispute? I probably being a dummy here but things are only sinking in slowly!! Roko

Your assumption is correct, they shouldn't do anything whilst account in dispute, its against guidelines, but they do.

You should complain to TS/OFT/fos/mp/everyone...problem is the authorities are their best buddies too!...you see what were up against?

Many thanks, I'm learning all the time, hey ho, just keep going. We certainly are up against it, but the tables are turning, the banks are receiving a "bloody nose" from all sides at the moment and not a moment too soon. But "being a dummy again" can you complain to trading standards as soon as you receive the first £12 penaltiy after the account is in dispute? Do you have to wait until you get a Default notice? What is the difference, is there any? Roko

I have stopped paying all of them, so I can assume therefore my credit file is well and truly marked, I have had £12 penalties on a couple even though they have received Account in Dispute letters from me, and NWB CC are threatening to issue a default on one of my husband's can they do that when the account is in dispute and, how would you stop them, whilst its in dispute? I probably being a dummy here but things are only sinking in slowly!! Roko

Have you checked your credit file?

I've not paid 2 months payments on four credit accounts to date and checked my credit report. Not a mention, not even late payment markers ???

How weird is that??

I do expect it to be trashed before war is over.

Hi Basa, yeh there was nothing on mine either, that I could see, but possibly there are indicators that prospective credit givers would know and you and I would not. Roko

I suppose that's possible but my report gave access to monthly indicators which included any late payment markers and all my records came up [0] (no payment problems).

I would like to think it's because of my threats to take it further bearing in mind the pathetic examples of so called agreements they have supplied to date. But then again I don't suppose they give a sh*t about the FOS or ICO and think I haven't the bottle.

Well I have :grin:

• 1 month later...

The story so far......I sent a CCA request in February 09 which was signed for and acknowledged, However I am yet to recieve a CCA. I then placed the account in dispute in March, this letter was also acknowledged but still no CCA.

Since then all I have recieved is monthly bills, which I have not paid. I have not recieved a Default Notice or any payment demands. Until this week when I recieved the following 2 letters.

Regal1.jpg

Regal2.jpg

I am aware that RBS should not pass this account to a DCA when the account is in dispute.

The DCA is now demanding the full settlement of the account. Does this mean RBS have terminated the account without issuing a DN?

Any help with this would be really appreciated as this is one of my largest debts.

I was thinking, maybe send the "I am bemused that this account has been passed to you" letter to Regal Credit, which states that RBS cannot do this as the account is in dispute.

Thanks.

HSBC - Successfully Claimed back Charges & Interest £1265

Barclaycard Successfully Claimed back Charges & Interest £400

Abbey - Successfully Claimed back PPI £960

As you said, the Bemused letter would seem to be the best method to get this DCA off your back and return it from whence it came (RBS). Possibly put a copt of the original Dispute Letter to reinforce your point and a copy of the OFT Guidelines on collection as good measure.

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

Yeah I think I'll send them the following letter.....

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with ***DCA*** and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As ***DCA*** is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to ***DCA*** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If ***DCA***chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully

OK...sent letter yesterday.

Does anybody know if RBS have terminated my account by passing it to a DCA? As I have not recieved a Default Notice....or am I miss-understanding how things work?

In which case....i'd send a SAR off to them....and it would seem that Regal don't own the debt they are just collecting on behalf of....as for Regal send them this -

Send them this (amend to suit)

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My last letter from **original creditor/DCA** was DATE and intimated that my complaint would be

resolved on **DATE**, this obviously hasn’t happened.

As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, *Subject Access request and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

After reading "A Tale of a Dodgy DN" by surfaceagentx20, Am I correct in thinking that if the account has been terminated by the OC then I am only liable for the arrears?

If I am correct the big question is...has the account been terminated?

Will a SAR help me to find this out?

• 3 weeks later...

Received another letter from regal today stating.... 'As we have not been notified of any reason for non-payment we demand that the account be settled IN FULL immediately to avoid any further action being taken.

If we do not receive a payment or response from you we may arrange for a Field collector to visit you to arrange payment. This could add further costs to above liability.'

I sent them the "bemused letter" from post #7 by recorded delivery!:rolleyes:

Should I resend or send a different letter?

thanks in advance. :)

I think I'll draw their attention to the letter I previously sent them and send them the following letter....

Dear XXX

In a direct response to your recent activities / letter, dated xx xxx xxxx, received at this address on xx xxx xxxx. [Delete whichever is not applicable]

I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR ORGANISATION, OR INDEED AN AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE EMPLOYED BY ANY ORGANISATION THAT YOU ISSUE INSTRUCTIONS TO.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.)

THEREFORE TAKE NOTE THAT I REVOKE LICENSE UNDER COMMON LAW FOR YOU, OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO VISIT ME AT MY PROPERTY AND IF YOU DO SO, THEN YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES FOR A TORT OF TRESSPASS AND ACTION WILL BE TAKEN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO , POLICE ATTENDANCE.

I also caution you here that should you ignore my request on this point, the actions of your representative(s) will happily be recordedeither by CCTV or by telephone recording equipment – whichever is applicable. Accordingly I reserve the right to use any evidence of you or your representatives’ ignoring this request in connection with any actions that I choose to pursue, including media exposure.

Should it be your intention to disregard my wishes, and break your obligations, please be advised that the following rules also apply, as laid down by the OFT in respect of debt collection, and that you, as a holder of a consumer credit license, are obliged to follow:

The areas of the OFT guidance which applies to you in this instance are:

Debt collection visits

2.12 Examples of unfair practices are:

a. not making the purpose of any proposed visit clear, for example, merely stating that collectors or field agents will call is not sufficient

f. visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is deadlocked or disputed

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

I do believe this makes my position clear and unambiguous.

Yours Faithfully