Philips 37 ins TV " HELP "

shimsham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought this TV in March 07 not had a problem with until recently. On January 18th 2009 i upgraded my satellite system to Sky+ HD so within 5 weeks i have got through 3 brand new sky boxes and 3 new hdmi cables and now i have found out today that there is a possibilty that the HDMI sockets at the back of the T.V. are faulty according to the sky engineer its already blown socket and i am afraid it will blow the other.

I have contacted philips but they dont want to know, can anyone give me any advice on this matter wher i stand

Guest tobecontinued631

im pretty sure if the fault is caused by third party hardware it wont be covered under the manufacturers warranty.

Many thanks for that, I must say it puts me in a pretty poor position Sky wont let me cancel the HD contract although its oly been running over just over a month and the hardware is overheating the Hdmi sockets and the sky engineer says eventually is will cause screen burn. :confused:

Thanks for email, how do i tell whether its full hdi and where will i find those numbers 1080-1080i.Tried talking to sky one of their lady managers told the engineer to tell us to go out and buy a new tv bearing in mind we are OAPS

Guest tobecontinued631

sorry for my ignorance,

If you got a manual with the tv it should tell you in there what the resolution is.

tbc

Beeadvised. Thanks for reply,yes you could be right the T.V. as got to be sent back to the retailer,philips say its a sky problem and sky say its a wonky T.V. as the consumer i am piggy in the middle.

I have spoke to Skys Tech Dept level 3 which is supposed to be there highest level and they say they have a problem history as long as your arm on this model.

Hi Shimsham

Your probably find its both your TV and Sky.

For example i had a TV which was conected to Sky about 4 Years ago.

Decided to leave Sky and go onto Telewest at the time, they installed there box, and the picture quality was very poor. Told them to take there box back and went back to Sky.

Recently i've purchased a new TV 1080P and tried Virgin out again as there Cable network is geared up for the 1080 resulution and the picture quality is fine.

So i would give Sky another ring and ask them what resulution are they running on there system.

Gaz