Does this apply to defaults?

lavar56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. I've been reading this egg section for several hours and am a bit confused as to whether this issue with not having the 'prescribed terms' on the CCA could help me free myself of a default from Egg?

Some background; I had an Egg credit card (from Oct 2003) which I believe has a potentially unenforacable CCA. Unfortunately I defaulted on this card in July 2007 when I was a naive student! The debt was passed to Eversheds and I have since settled this in full.

However the default is making my mortgage options very difficult and am desperate to get it removed if I can. Am I correct in assuming that if my CCA with Egg does not have the correct prescribed terms (credit limit/apporved limit) then the CCA is unenforacable therefore they should stop sending the credit reference agencies details of my default (as I assume you can not default something that is unenforcable?). Is this the case?

As I said I have no outstanding debt with them but would dearly love to remove the default notice. Is there a recommendation for a letter or text I could use/edit to send to Egg?

Many thanks in advance for all your help and support. I've read so much today I think i'm starting to confuse myself so your advice is much appreciated.

3 cases of successful DN rollback were reported. One took 18 months of continuous effort, one took 30 months. The third was achieved quickly. In a situation where Egg looked in some danger of not being paid at all, the claimant paid up in full. From relief and gratitude Egg manager volunteered to rescind the DN.

If you have paid Egg in full it looks like you no longer have a bargaining chip.

Egg DNs successfully rolled back "

Be aware that a Citi employee is viewing your thread, so dont post any details you are not comfortable in being open.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.