Ground Rent not claimed - What next ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I own a L/H house and i pay £251 every year for ground rent.

This year issued the cheque on 2nd January 09 - by 1st class post (I didn't send it recorded as i knew that the cheque clearing would be evidence that the letter had been well received).

I noticed that 3 weeks had passed and the cheque hadn't been banked so I wrote again on 23rd Jan stating my concerns and that i would cancel the cheque within 28 days and contact him again. I sent this letter by recorded delivery so that i'd have a tracking reference number to prove that i had tried. This letter has now been returned as it was never called for. He has never contacted me to say with a change of contact details or anything.

I am getting concerned as i don't want to receive a letter from him or a court later down the line saying that i hadn't paid etc etc.

I have phoned and the line is dead.

I don't know if his company has gone bust due to current climate.

Advice needed

Thanks Tg x

Edited by TractorGirl

I would simply keep a record of your attempts so far, and write a final letter (not recorded, but get proof of postage) stating that you have attempted to submit payment twice to no avail, please can he contact you so that you can arrange payment of the ground rent. Then sleep easy.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!