• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I could really do with some help asap.

I had a hand delevered letter today from the above company.

Its for a debt for £3,800 for old college fees.

I clean forgot about it when i had heart sugery a couple of years ago.

They say they will seize my good upto the value of the judgement

Im confused as it "in the high court of justice queens bench division"

I can not pay this amoun, and i have NOTHING of value... i rent room in a house.

Please please please help

Have to pay by 2/2/9

Edited by storageguy
added date

It sounds a lot more frightening than it is, it just means a County Court Judgement was more than £forgotten how much, and the distress warrant has been handed to the High Court Enforcement Officer HCEO for short.

College Fees? That's a new one, I thought that you only had to pay back educational loans if you earned more than a threshold amount.

Anyway, there's not much they can do if they don't get into the house, and you could sell what belongings you DO have that aren't exempt to trusted friends and relatives.

Have you written to them explaining that you do not possess any goods or assets worth seizing, and in any event they will not be given peaceful entry to your home.

I only had the letter today. I read up on the claimt can decied wich route. But the court can not say which will give the best results.

It was halls of resedence fees that I owed.

What do i put in this letter?

Depends on your personal circumstances - like are you on jsa or any kind of benefit?

That's a lot of money for rent.

I'd be inclined to look at my income/expenditure and see what I could offer the creditor as a sustained regular payment -

Depends on your personal circumstances - like are you on jsa or any kind of benefit?

I'd be inclined to look at my income/expenditure and see what I could offer the creditor as a sustained regular payment -

I work full time

It was for a years rent, there was an issue with the DD and being a student did not notice my accout...

So I do not have to let them in? Is there a form that can becompeated, the N456 or something like that... Its just thats its the High Court?

Guest Thebailiff
It sounds a lot more frightening than it is, it just means a County Court Judgement was more than £forgotten how much, and the distress warrant has been handed to the High Court Enforcement Officer HCEO for short.

The ccj would have been passed to the high court and stamped with their seal and approval passed for an HCEO to deal with the case, then an assistant high court enforcement officer like myself would deal with it from there. Pretty much the same as a standard bailiff but we can add fee's of up too £300+vat for residential and 400+vat for commercial for an attendance with a view to remove. The only difference is that as a HCEO or an AHCEO, the police are duty bound to assist under section 10 of the criminal law act 1997 whereby anybody found obstructing a HCEO or his assistant may be liable to a £5000 fine or six months imprisonment. So to put it basically they will not help the bailiff force entry to your home to levy goods (which has always been the case) but if the bailiff has already levied goods and has returned to remove them, or is attending a business for the first time with a view to remove goods and the occupant has decided to barracade the door, the bailiff will force entry, arrest the occupants and hand them over to the police. that same goes for Travellers, squatters and other cases using Writs of possesion, writs of fifa or combined writs of execution (included also are writs of delivery).

Anyway, there's not much they can do if they don't get into the house, and you could sell what belongings you DO have that aren't exempt to trusted friends and relatives..

Again, if the bailiff decides to remove there and then, the debtor has only five days in which to supply a valid 3rd party claim. If no 3rd party claims are recieved then the goods will be sold at auction or for the best possible price. But that can include items outside the property and inside if he gets in. he can remove cars of the street if he wants and give you five days to prove they belong to someone else(but he has to be 90% sure they could be yours. he cant just take 50 cars of the high street next to your house)

Have you written to them explaining that you do not possess any goods or assets worth seizing, and in any event they will not be given peaceful entry to your home.

We can levy on anything of value. So if you leave a lawn mower outside, and you have a debt of £10.000, a AHCEO may still levy upon that lawnmower and may start to charge up to £300+vat everytime he attends.

My advice is step outside and speak to him, sort out a payment proposal and send it to his office ASAP. make sure you have no personal belongings on show outside on your property (i once heard of a AHCEO that levied on Exterior xmas decorations) and make sure you car is not parked directly outside your house(we wont levy a whole street full of cars, just whats outside your house or within the vicinity. i tend to levy on car 5 metres either side of the property if there is not one parked directly out the front).

But be aware. if we cannot enforce, it is not the end of it. they may well return the case to the Instructing client who may well go for a charging order on your property (may force you to sell your house or sell it for you) or just bankrupt you. neither of which you want. If it is a debt you know you owe, then you would be better of paying it, even in small amounts. Being a university or other type of school you owe the money too, they will not want bad publicity so will accept quite small offers in the same way as local councils, and the like, do.

I know im gunna get slagged of on here alot but im here because i never used to like bailiffs and so became one to see what its really like. And the big % of us are certainly not like alot of ppl on here would have you believe we are like. Im here to help and if i can i will.

The bailiff

You shouldn't be slagged at all, every contribution adds to the the knowledge on this site.

There is one point that interests me though

Can an HCEO break into the defendant's property?

HCEOs can only enter the defendant's home if they are allowed in by the person there. If there is nobody there, the HCEO can enter if a door is left unlocked or through a window that is already open. HCEOs may be able to break into business premises if there is no living accommodation attached and they believe the defendant's goods are inside. They can also enter if the HCEO has previously been allowed in and is returning to the defendant's house to collect goods to be sold. But, in these circumstances, you may be asked to promise to pay the court an amount (an 'indemnity') in case the HCEO cannot collect any costs later from the defendant.

copied and pasted from

HCEOA-information on what an HCEO can do for you in the recovery of your money judgment or possession order.

Guest Thebailiff

hi chris, yes thats written to a solicitor basically stating that we can forced entry when the time comes but you will be asked to indemnify our costs should you call us off during or after the forced entry or if debtor comes up with a third party claim

The Bailiff.

It is good to have you here to provide advice on what is a very complicated part of enforcement law.

I have to say right now that the amount of complaints being made about the level of fees charged by HCEO's have increased substanstially in the past few months . I personally believe that there is a certainly a need to somebody to bring a case for Detailed Assessment as the fees are out of all proportion compared to all others forms of enforcement.

Guest Thebailiff

thew point of our fee's as set out by the lord high chancellor are to remind debtors that failure to pay will result in a expensive charge being applied. If you make an arrangment and fail to keep it then you could be charged alot of money. however, if you look at most of our enforcement officers added fee's, they are only half what they could be. I rarley come accross a bailiff who charges more than £200+vat and we could charge upto £400.

We do however keep our charges preportionate to the debt, that is to say if the debt was £10.000, we would not charge more than about £900 and thats if we had to keep attending. If the debt was £1200, the officer would probally just charge £50+vat for each visit after a levy. We have however come accross silly Debtors who think they can get away with standing in our way and/or being abusive which is the point that he gets hit with further charges. upto £400 per officer and sometimes as many as four officers if thats whats needed(very very very rare) The police also have powers of arrest if a debtor refuses to move out of our way during a removal or forced entry under section 10 of the criminal law act 1977.

Also, the idea of us charging money for "phantom visits" is silly becasue we will only make three visits on a debt and if there is no respons and no assets worth siezing then we have to write our fee's off. If the claimant goes for bankruptcy after we have had the case, our fee's will not be added. It is important for us to collect so there is no point us making phantom visits.

Alot of complaint that i have seen and then spoken to the debtor about are by people browsing sites like this and thinking that all bailiffs and enforcement officers are the same and can only charge the same amounts.

I have only once come across a complaint for violence and that was dropped when the Debtor realised we had filmed the "assault" and the police went knocking at his door as they were happy that the debtor had assaulted my collegue.

But most complaints are still becasue the debtor is scared. the chances are, there is nothing to be scared about. We are no brutes, we are not ****, just normal ppl with wives and children making a living. We as AHCEO are there to help you out of debt and the claimant regain his money or goods. We will also give debt managment advise which a normal bailiff cannot do.

If there were no bailiffs, there would be no mortgaes, no banks, no phones, no internet, no cars, no food or anything else as everything in this world needs credit to run smoothly and as this recent turn in economic downturn shows, the supply of credit has major ramifications on every single person on this planet.

Ok, sorry, going off topic now but you get my point.

Anyone need more info, i will be around a bit or you can PM me if its personal.

Edited by Thebailiff

thew point of our fee's as set out by the lord high chancellor are to remind debtors that failure to pay will result in a expensive charge being applied.

Yes I can see the logic : I can't pay £xxx but when you add £400 then naturally I will be able to pay it. Adding the £400 makes money magically appear in my pocket.

This is why judges, lawyers, DCAs, bailiffs and even MPs have no concept of life in the real world.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I can't pay £xxx but when you add £400 then naturally I will be able to pay it. Adding the £400 makes money magically appear in my pocket.

Yes it's done "to encourage the others" who by some magical means have a complete knowledge of bailiff law and the consequences of owing 1p more than £600, and therefore should know better.

You may remember it was also the justification for summary execution of shell shocked soldiers during the First World War, I suppose they should have known better too.

Most people haven't got a clue - we've had nearly ten years of rising house prices and easy cheap credit and now the reverse is happening; most people are too busy to research what will happen if they can't pay a creditor, or the council tax, or the csa.

They expect to be treated fairly and it comes as a great shock when they aren't

Guest Thebailiff
Yes I can see the logic : I can't pay £xxx but when you add £400 then naturally I will be able to pay it. Adding the £400 makes money magically appear in my pocket.

This is why judges, lawyers, DCAs, bailiffs and even MPs have no concept of life in the real world.

your not getting my point. we dont charge high fee's for normal debtors. residential, we rarely go above 100-200 if need be and comercial is usually never above 300. The point i am trying to make is that if you answer the door and speak to us, there will be no charges added if you pay in full or keep up a payment plan. the only time we charge is if we have to reattend with a view to removing goods. charges are usually reserved for ppl who have the money to pay and point blank refuse because they have no feeling for other ppls loss. If you owe someone money then you have to pay it back. (We are not talking about fines and parking tickets and so on. i dont deal with those. im only on about large debts). I

Guest Happy Contrails
your not getting my point. we dont charge high fee's for normal debtors. residential, we rarely go above 100-200 if need be and comercial is usually never above 300.

So you simply ignore the maximum fees prescribed under Schedule 3 of Regulation 13 of The High Court Enforcement Officers Regulations 2004?

In my case this was not the case. Marstons tried to add fees of over £2000 for a debt that was £2400. I had a payment plan of £100 per month in place, and made payments on time every month for over 1 year until the creditor refused to accept this amount anymore.

Marstons bailiffs attended my address on 3 occassions and wanted to charge officers fees of over £900!

It was only advice from this website that prompted me to write letters questioning these fees. After several letters Marstons started to back track and reduced the final fees charged and subsequently paid to just £267.

Guest Happy Contrails

If Marston has committed their fees on paper then you have plenty of redress.

Beginning of last year a friends niece called me with trouble with bailiff fees collecting a parking ticket. I advised her to make of a copy of the bailiff fee document showing the fee total along with a copy of Schedule 1 of the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs)(Amended 2003) Regulations 1993.

When the bailiff called she contacted police and presented the officers both documents and afforded by an admission at the scene, both bailiffs were arrested under Section 2 of the Fraud Act, they are no longer bailiffs. Two more criminals taken off the streets.

SCHEDULE 3 Regulation 13

FEES CHARGEABLE BY ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS

The fees chargeable by enforcement oYcers on execution of writs are as follows. Value Added Tax, if

payable, may be added to the fees specified.

A. Fees chargeable on execution of writs of fieri facias

1. Percentage of amount recovered

For executing a writ of fieri facias, the following percentages of the amount recovered:

(a) on the first £100 5 per cent

(b) above £100 2.5 per cent

2. Mileage

Mileage from the enforcement oYcer’s business address to the place of execution and return, in respect

of one journey to seize goods and, if appropriate, one journey to remove the goods

29.2 pence per mile, up to a

maximum of £50.00 in total

3. Seizure of goods

For each building or place at which goods are seized £2.00

4. Making enquiries or dealing with claims for rent or to the goods

(1) For making enquiries as to claims for rent or to goods, including giving notice to parties of any such

claims a sum not exceeding £2.00

(2) For all expenses actually and reasonably incurred in relation to such work including any postage,

telephone, fax and e-mail charges a further sum not exceeding £2.00

5. Taking possession, removal and storage of goods

(1) Where a person is left in physical possession of goods seized £3.00 per person per day

(2) Where an enforcement oYcer takes walking possession under a walking possession agreement in the

form set out in Schedule 4 to these Regulations £0.25 per day

(Fees 5(1) and 5(2) are payable in respect of the day on which execution is levied, but fee 5(1) may

not be charged where a walking possession agreement is signed at the time of levy. Fees 5(1) and 5(2)

may not be charged after the goods have been removed.)

(3) For—

(a) the removal of goods;

(b) the storage of goods which have been removed; and

© where animals have been seized, their upkeep while in the custody of the enforcement oYcer,

whether before or after removal

the sums actually and reasonably paid

6. Sale of goods by auction

(1) To cover the auctioneer’s commission and expenses, where goods are sold by auction or work has

been done with a view to sale by auction:

(a) when goods are sold by auction on the auctioneer’s premises, the following percentages of the

sum realised—

(i) on the first £100 15 per cent

(ii) on the next £900 12.5 per cent

(iii) above £1,000 10 per cent

(b) when goods are sold by auction on the debtor’s premises, 7.5 per cent of the sum realised plus

expenses actually and reasonably incurred.

(2) When no sale takes place either by auction or private contract, but work has been done by the

auctioneer or enforcement oYcer in preparing for a sale by auction, including the preparation of a

detailed inventory of the goods seized—

(a) if the goods have been removed to the auctioneer’s premises, 10 per cent of the value of the

goods;

(b) if the goods have not been removed from the debtor’s premises, 5 per cent of the value of the

goods plus expenses actually and reasonably incurred.

7. Sale of goods by private contract

Where an enforcement oYcer sells goods by private contract—

(a) the following percentages of the proceeds of sale—

(i) on the first £100 7.5 per cent

(ii) on the next £900 6.25 per cent

(iii) above £1,000 5 per cent; and

(b) when work has been done in preparing for a sale by auction, including the preparation of a

detailed inventory of the goods seized, an additional sum not exceeding 2.5 per cent of the value

of the goods plus expenses actually and reasonably incurred.

B. Fees chargeable on executing writs of possession or delivery

8. Mileage

Mileage from the enforcement oYcer’s business address to the place of execution and return, in respect

of one journey 29.2 pence per mile, up to a

maximum of £25.00 in total

9. Writs of possession

(1) Where an enforcement oYcer executes a writ of possession of domestic property within the meaning

of section 66 of the Local Government Finance Act 1988(a), 3 per cent of the net annual value for

rating shown in the valuation list in force immediately before 1st April 1990 in respect of the property

seized, subject to paragraph (3).

(2) Where an enforcement oYcer executes a writ of possession to which paragraph (1) does not apply,

0.4 per cent of the net annual value for rating of the property seized, subject to paragraph (4).

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1), where the property does not consist of one or more hereditament

which, immediately before 1st April 1990—

(a) had a separate net annual value for rating shown on the valuation list then in force; and

(b) was domestic property within the meaning of section 66 of the Local Government Finance

Act 1988,

the property or such part of it as does not so consist shall be taken to have had such a value for rating

equal to two-fifteenths of its value by the year when seized.

(4) For the purposes of paragraph (2), where the property does not consist of one or more hereditaments

having a separate net annual value for rating, the property or such part of it as does not so consist

shall be taken to have such a value equal to its value by the year when seized.

10. Writs of delivery

For executing a writ of delivery, 4 per cent of the value of the goods as stated in the writ or judgment.

C. General fees

11. Copies of returns

For a copy of any return indorsed by the enforcement oYcer on a writ of execution

£5.00

12. Miscellaneous

For any matter not otherwise provided for, such sum as a Master, district judge or costs judge may allow

upon application.

Who works these out?

Guest Thebailiff
SCHEDULE 3 Regulation 13

FEES CHARGEABLE BY ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS

The fees chargeable by enforcement oYcers on execution of writs are as follows. Value Added Tax, if

payable, may be added to the fees specified.

A. Fees chargeable on execution of writs of fieri facias

1. Percentage of amount recovered

For executing a writ of fieri facias, the following percentages of the amount recovered:

(a) on the first £100 5 per cent

(b) above £100 2.5 per cent

2. Mileage

of one journey to seize goods and, if appropriate, one journey to remove the goods

29.2 pence per mile, up to a

maximum of £50.00 in total

3. Seizure of goods

For each building or place at which goods are seized £2.00

4. Making enquiries or dealing with claims for rent or to the goods

(1) For making enquiries as to claims for rent or to goods, including giving notice to parties of any such

claims a sum not exceeding £2.00

(2) For all expenses actually and reasonably incurred in relation to such work including any postage,

telephone, fax and e-mail charges a further sum not exceeding £2.00

5. Taking possession, removal and storage of goods

(1) Where a person is left in physical possession of goods seized £3.00 per person per day

(2) Where an enforcement oYcer takes walking possession under a walking possession agreement in the

form set out in Schedule 4 to these Regulations £0.25 per day

(Fees 5(1) and 5(2) are payable in respect of the day on which execution is levied, but fee 5(1) may

not be charged where a walking possession agreement is signed at the time of levy. Fees 5(1) and 5(2)

may not be charged after the goods have been removed.)

(3) For—

(a) the removal of goods;

(b) the storage of goods which have been removed; and

© where animals have been seized, their upkeep while in the custody of the enforcement oYcer,

whether before or after removal

the sums actually and reasonably paid

6. Sale of goods by auction

(1) To cover the auctioneer’s commission and expenses, where goods are sold by auction or work has

been done with a view to sale by auction:

(a) when goods are sold by auction on the auctioneer’s premises, the following percentages of the

sum realised—

(i) on the first £100 15 per cent

(ii) on the next £900 12.5 per cent

(iii) above £1,000 10 per cent

(b) when goods are sold by auction on the debtor’s premises, 7.5 per cent of the sum realised plus

expenses actually and reasonably incurred.

(2) When no sale takes place either by auction or private contract, but work has been done by the

auctioneer or enforcement oYcer in preparing for a sale by auction, including the preparation of a

detailed inventory of the goods seized—

(a) if the goods have been removed to the auctioneer’s premises, 10 per cent of the value of the

goods;

(b) if the goods have not been removed from the debtor’s premises, 5 per cent of the value of the

goods plus expenses actually and reasonably incurred.

7. Sale of goods by private contract

Where an enforcement oYcer sells goods by private contract—

(a) the following percentages of the proceeds of sale—

(i) on the first £100 7.5 per cent

(ii) on the next £900 6.25 per cent

(iii) above £1,000 5 per cent; and

(b) when work has been done in preparing for a sale by auction, including the preparation of a

detailed inventory of the goods seized, an additional sum not exceeding 2.5 per cent of the value

of the goods plus expenses actually and reasonably incurred.

B. Fees chargeable on executing writs of possession or delivery

8. Mileage

of one journey 29.2 pence per mile, up to a

maximum of £25.00 in total

9. Writs of possession

(1) Where an enforcement oYcer executes a writ of possession of domestic property within the meaning

of section 66 of the Local Government Finance Act 1988(a), 3 per cent of the net annual value for

rating shown in the valuation list in force immediately before 1st April 1990 in respect of the property

seized, subject to paragraph (3).

(2) Where an enforcement oYcer executes a writ of possession to which paragraph (1) does not apply,

0.4 per cent of the net annual value for rating of the property seized, subject to paragraph (4).

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1), where the property does not consist of one or more hereditament

which, immediately before 1st April 1990—

(a) had a separate net annual value for rating shown on the valuation list then in force; and

(b) was domestic property within the meaning of section 66 of the Local Government Finance

Act 1988,

the property or such part of it as does not so consist shall be taken to have had such a value for rating

equal to two-fifteenths of its value by the year when seized.

(4) For the purposes of paragraph (2), where the property does not consist of one or more hereditaments

having a separate net annual value for rating, the property or such part of it as does not so consist

shall be taken to have such a value equal to its value by the year when seized.

10. Writs of delivery

For executing a writ of delivery, 4 per cent of the value of the goods as stated in the writ or judgment.

C. General fees

11. Copies of returns

For a copy of any return indorsed by the enforcement oYcer on a writ of execution

£5.00

12. Miscellaneous

For any matter not otherwise provided for, such sum as a Master, district judge or costs judge may allow

upon application.

Who works these out?

All the above is outdated and from the time of sheriffs officers. there is now no such thing.

And most of the fee's above are all administration fee's and nothing to do with attendance fee's.

Even the Walking possesion fee is no longer 25p and is now 29p

travel is now charged at 50p per mile but i have never charged this.

On a writ of possesion, the poundage on the value of the property is no longer calculated at 0.4% but is now doen at 0.04%

The above waffle is the kind of thing that costs ppl more money when they get it wrong, take it to court and lose the case.

If you give advice on how to "beat a bailiff" you should really make sure you are giving true information that is up to date.

There are new rules coming out every few months that are set by the lord chancellor (not by individual companies). And they are not all in the favour of enforcement companies by any means.

If you give advice on how to "beat a bailiff" you should really make sure you are giving true information that is up to date.

A bit harsh I thought - but I understand why you feel that way

So where are the correct fees and charges for HCEO's?

nevermind wiat till april when the new debt admin comes out courts will have to employ more everyone with assest under 300 will be filling in forms

theres one for the baliff under english law only people on my property without a appointment is postman and someone asking for directions

so where does he stand with this and its not out dated as its still used in court now

Regards DK

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

Guest Thebailiff
nevermind wiat till april when the new debt admin comes out courts will have to employ more everyone with assest under 300 will be filling in forms

theres one for the baliff under english law only people on my property without a appointment is postman and someone asking for directions

so where does he stand with this and its not out dated as its still used in court now

Regards DK

I can enter any property by law with a high court warrant as long as i do not have to force a lock of any kind. Comercial premises can be forced on a first attendance. If i am on your property and you touch me anyway shape or form, it is assault, if you threaten to assault me, it is assault. (Yes i have already had one peson for that. so close in my face that i was informed that i could have him for assault by the police who were there at the time)

WE ARE NOT BAILIFFS!!!! We have a warrant to enter private property and sieze goods. Its is an offence to obstruct a HCEO or his assistant under section 10 of the criminal law act 1977. Bailiffs if asked to leave your land must do so by the shortest possible means. However, if he refuses, the police cannot move him off as its a civil offence and they would be there for breach of the peace. if you wanted to move him off your land, you would need to give him notice under halsburys law and then employe a bailiff to remove him. (you see how F@@@@d up the law is in this country) The only way you could then sue him is if he actually caused damage to your land.

• 4 weeks later...

The fees specified under SCHEDULE 3 Regulation 13 have been used by an enforcement company to explain their charges to me. This took place last month (January) so it is reasonable to assume that they are still in force. I have posted an FOI request to the Ministry of Justice which I expect will further clarify this issue.

Regarding "reasonable" fees for visits mentioned before, in my case this is wrong. For example, the AHCEO charged from the first visit (£200 plus VAT) and subsequently, his employers have refunded this amount giving some questionable explanation.

Guest Happy Contrails

Daft mutts for bailiffs, they admitted cheating you £200+vat.

Have a giggle at Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006, take a ring-side seat & watch the show.

The Bailiff.

It is good to have you here to provide advice on what is a very complicated part of enforcement law.

I have to say right now that the amount of complaints being made about the level of fees charged by HCEO's have increased substanstially in the past few months . I personally believe that there is a certainly a need to somebody to bring a case for Detailed Assessment as the fees are out of all proportion compared to all others forms of enforcement.

I am considering applying for a Detailed Assessment to a Taxing Master or a District Judge in the High Court Registry for my case.

I would like to ask for some advice on how to go about this. If anyone is willing to help, in a solicitor capacity, I would be happy to discuss the details of the case in private.