Arrows/drydens PAPLOC - GE Money Debenhams Store card debt

jackjones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are unsure then its worth investigating.

OH has one of these and was sure it was just a storecard. But then realised she had used it in other places besides Debenhams. Especially in cash machines. A storecard only allows cashback in Debenhams. If you used a cash machine with it ever I would suggest you have a creditcard.

We did a SAR to get the info from Santander. Took ages to get and I know why. It came back and they had morphed the card into a creditcard.

No new agreement signed.

You just need to check out the Santander v Mayhew case on google to see what that could mean.

Our account was same start date as yours and through GE Money. It converted in 2004 little under 12 months after we got it. Our DCA has gone very quiet since we told them we knew what we had.

Have read your thread again in total.

Your default notice states your Debenhams Gold Dual Card.

Our Debenhams Dual Card was one of these uprated storecards. Your CCA is for a storecard same as ours but Santander v Mayhew goes to show that they needed to get you to sign a new agreement when it was uprated. If you have a SAR which you were off to get back in 2009 then you should see the uprating in the coms log if it happened.

Might not be the case for you but I would be suspicious of what its saying your card was on that Default notice.

I am not saying anything cause I cant be sure.

But ours is a dual card. Santy wouldnt give us the SAR so we went to Ana Botin at the top and included the ICO in our complaint. SAR turned up along with Coms log of change over to credit card.

Also there was a CCA exactly like yours from when it was opened but no updating CCA. It was originally referred to as a storecard but then started to be called a dual card on statements etc.

You cant get a gold card unless you were a very good customer and it was GE Money who decided who was naughty and who was good. Not you. They then up rated the chosen ones. And if they did this without asking you then perhaps they also changed it to a credit card at the same time without asking you.

Finally we have asked for a CCA from our DCA and they have dropped it like a hot potato. No CCA arrived yet but we know it exists cause we have it. But in our CCA request we did ask for both the store and credit card CCA's. Have heard nothing from them in over 6 months and before the request they were in contact at least monthly.

But read Santander v Mayhew. Get your SAR off and find out if you have one of these dual cards. The default could be a mistake. But it also could be the smoking gun you want.

SAR Santy.

If you SAR AG or Scotcall all you will get is a few lines of what you owe. Your just a number on a spreadsheet to them. I would be sending a CCA request to AG when the raise their heads. See what they have.

Like I say you wont really know till you get a SAR back.

• Confused 1