Tobes' Injunction Against Nationwide

Tobes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The correct forms are the green Part 8 form (non-money claim) and the N16A which is especially for injunctions (your suggestion of injunction form, according to info I've found, is for use in the High Court). I paid the correct fees (£150 and £65 respectively) but used the wrong forms...She accepted them and told me they'd be checked first and returned without submission if they were wrong but my cheque has been cashed so I don't know what's going on...I think I might get rather angry at them lol

Well, reading Sophie-Jane's thread, I don't think it was mentioned before that the account had to be vital to me...I was doing this for the principle of the thing and the fact that they're being unlawful...I can offer no evidence to show that it is vital because it is not my main account.

I don't particularly see how any account can be vital, though, because you can change accounts automatically with all direct debits etc moved across for you...

I have in my main claim form included the part about requesting a declaration that the relevant clause in the contract referring to fees is unlawful, which might make them sit up and listen, because I assume even if the injunction is unlawful the court still has to consider that request...

Did you have your wage paid into it?

Did you use it for any standing orders or direct debits?

Just because you can move to another account doesn't mean this one isn't vital. The first thing you need to do is prove that you need this account, what did you use it for?

Do you really need to prove that it's vital? Surely it's the principle of the thing lol if not, I can't really show that I need the account

I agree, the principle is that they must not get away with closing accounts when a Lawful action has been taken out against them.

Yes we can report them to the relevent authorities, but Would that stop them, Maybe it would take longer for the relevent authorites to act than it would to close an account.

Getting an injunction maybe the only solution, to Stop there act once and for all, and make the financial institutions Sit up and listen for once, And hear that Customers are saying Enough is enough, and we are not standing for bully boy tactics anymore

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

just thinking aloud here.

To be paid (wage or benfits) you need a bank account, so a bank account is vital.

Is your account vital?

because you can get another account with the same facilities does that mean it's not vital?

If your landlord tries to evict you but fails to follow the letter of the law you can get an injunction, yet you can go and rent another home.

If your employer tries to dismiss you but fails to follow the letter of the law you can get an injunction, yet you can get another job

Are you required to prove to the court that they are vital?

I know you can agrue that you may not be able to get the same home, in the same location, for the same rent, etc. but you can also argue that you can't get the same account with the same benefits, same overdraft level, etc.

With Allaince & Leicester

Court Injunctions against Financial Institutions

They have publically stated that they will close accounts of successful claims

Is that Ammo enough for a Judge to decide to act in favour of court action

But I have not heard Publically that Nationwide would do so

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

A&L to close accounts of Successful Cases

And there have been quite a few more in the last week - Sunday times article for example

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

ok lol all claim forms and cheque returned to me in the post this morning...They were meant to tell me which forms to use but no, it seems Reading County Court is useless...

Now I suppose I should decide if I can be bothered to start the claim again...

At least you got a cheque back too. The principle still stands that they should not take retaliatory action, but the question is really whether it is worth the hassle to fight it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I've been following your thread as well, and I hope you do continue with it. I was awaiting your outcome before deciding to try and stop them from closing my account.

I've received the letter notifying me of account closure this morning. I think it is totally out of order that they are allowed to close your account, basically because you have complained about the service that they provide. If you complained about a member of staff say, would that qualify for account closure? Surely they can't be allowed to close your account because of this? It really gets to me all this, but I don't have the money nor time (with 2 young kids) to fight them, after reading all the hassle you've had. If it were a straightforward process, then I'd go straight into it.

GRRR. BL@@DY BANKS!!!!

Nationwide - WON

Lloyds - £4,664.25 + costs

Data Protection Act Letter sent 29/06/06

Information received 28/07/06

Preliminary Letter sent 14/08/06

Reply Rec'd 19/08/06

LBA sent 29/08/06

Filed with MCOL 26/04/07

Defence filed and AQ disposed with 15/05/07

AQ from local Court received 21/06/07

Request for more info received 30/06/07 - Reply sent 02/07/07

AQ Filed 03/07/07

Prelim Hearing 17/08/07

Abbey - £1,611.20 excl 8% + costs

Data Protection Act Letter sent 18/07/06 - 40 days up 29th August

Reply Rec'd 26/07/06 - microfiche argument.

Microfiche letter sent rec del 27/07/06

Complete transaction list Rec'd 23/09/06

Prelim letter sent 25/09/06

LBA sent 20/10/06

Barclaycard - £758.53 excl 8%

Data Protection Act Letter sent 22/06/07

Prelim letter sent 20/03/08

Reply rec'd 09/04/08 - offering £296

Rejection & LBA letter sent 18/04/08

Bev, you have my sympathy. Nationwide are already talking about me taking my business elsewhere, and they haven't even received my moneyclaim yet!

I don't know if I will have the time, money or energy to take them to court over closing my account (which they undoubtedly will). If I can manage it, I will. But I am also going to kick up a hell of a fuss about it with the financial ombudsman, the financial services authority, the office of fair trading, and anyone else who will listen to me. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Nationwide: £2443. Settled in full

Co-operative Bank Visa: £351. Settled in full.

MBNA Visa: £476. Settled in full.

AA Account with Capital Bank: £80. Settled in full.

Capital One Visa: £160. Settled in full.

Paragon Personal Finance: £120 fees SETTLED ERC claim withdrawn Feb 07.

Kensington Mortgages: Claim withdrawn Feb 07.

• 4 weeks later...

Tobes, did you ever decide to continue with this?

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Alas, no. I had sent all the claim forms in but they turned out to be the wrong ones. Bankfodder then advised that I needed to include certain things but I wasn't confident how to do it and I was unable to do it before they closed the account, and Bankfodder said that you need to do it BEFORE the account is closed...Pity really because I really wanted to do it and was totally willing to take it all the way :(

Instead I'm going to complain to the Banking Code but that will be much less satisfying!