Martin vs HFC

marts_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

arrrggghhh i hate this place! so im going to claim every penny back on all charges. I have two accounts with them, one of them is almost cleared and the other has a balance of £1,112, which i find to be a complete joke. The balance on this account was around £500 about 6 months or so ago, and when i phoned them up last week to find out what my outstanding balance was they told me to ring back in 20 minutes so they could calculate it for me, now is it me or does this seem a bit strange? Anyway i know its a total joke and ive sent my SAR out to them last friday, when i ask for all charges back do i add the 8% interest on them or is that only added for when i take it to court?

Hi Martin,

I phoned them up asking the same thing a couple of weeks ago and I was told to ring the collections dept.... When I asked about my balance they had different information to me??.. They are very strange, I don't trust them.

Hi marts. I added the 8% interest in my initial letter to Halifax. I would ask them for it in your first letter, it is what a judge or FOS would award. The Halifax paid me all my charges, including interest on my credit card. You will probably get a crap offer to begin with but stick with it. Good luck:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi, i have to spoken to hfc again about them not yet sending my statements out, the lady said that they have not yet received my letter however i did not need to send them one because they can send out the statements if i would of just asked over the phone. But i have asked in the past and they told that they cant do this over the phone, all very confusing as to why they would change their minds. Anyway she said she will send my statements out to me, so what happens with the £10 postal order i sent ??

Hi Marts.

Did you send your Subject Access Request by recorded delivery? If you did, did you get a proof of delivery from the royal mail website?

If you didn't, you can write to the post office to see if the postal order has been cashed. They can't do it on the phone, you have to write.

It will take a bit of time, but at least you will know.

Good luck.

T.

received 3 of the same letters this morning, each containing the transactions on my account. However, at the end of the statement its all very confusing, firstly it says "UNABLE TO COMPLETE STATEMENT - Note: further transactions may exist", and at the end on the 25/11/08 my balance reads £411.44, however it then reads on he 27/11/08 "Debit Adjust" -£345.83, balance £757.27!!!! Can somebody please help me with this i havnt got a clue what this is, why have they added £345 onto my account?