Lexis200 V Egg (cca)

lexis200
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I understand it Lex, a stack of credit card agreements agreements have been off loaded to Apex even though reduced payment plans were in place.

I haven't contacted Apex although they do ring regularly...the numbers are available on this site and all begin with 01789.

I actually have my original agreement and it clearly states "approved limit." Have no intention of paying Apex and await my second letter, as per Beachcomber's post, when I shall send them a "prove it" letter and also advise them to cease calling.

There is a case next March, in Cardiff Mercantile court which PT is involved with. This will debate the very issue of the "approved limit" and, if it goes the consumers way, Apex are going to be left holding a lot of lemons!!

One other thing to look out for is the DN. Mine was issued as soon as I made the first reduced payment and makes no mention of terminating the agreement. As far as I can tell, Apex do not have a licence for consumer credit which means that either the assignments are equitable, in which case Egg still have an interest, or, if they are absolute then the agreements must have been terminated.

Hope this helps a little!! ;)

• Haha 1

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

The DN bit is interesting Welshmam, but as with Beachy my account was defaulted and terminated as soon as I asked about the payment plan.

Really Lex? Did they send you a termination notice then only I've never received one from Egg, just the early DN.

In fact, I wonder how they did get away with that because now I think about it they said they had to default me before they could consider a plan, and up until that point I'd paid every month:confused:

Tesco (RBS) said exactly the same thing. When I complained about this to an advisor at National Debtline (pre-CAG days) they told me it was perfectly acceptable!!

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

I'm off to make cakes for the school fair in a mo so can't do it just yet:)

Good for you hun!!;) We mustn't let these little bankers stop us all from living our lifes!!

How can that be acceptable? Surely a default can only be issued when you've not kept up the payments as agreed??

Damn banks:mad:

Don't know. :( But I lost all faith in National Debtline when they tried to get me to enter into an IVA.

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• 4 months later...

I've found ignoring them to be the best policy so far Lex.

Both myself and Andydd received letters threatening solicitors, court action and bailiffs if we didn't respond within 10 days. Needless to say, neither of us did and all we got was a letter threatening a doorstep collection!

I have since received a letter saying we know you may be having financial difficulties and we just want to help you out etc.

I haven't even CCA'd them yet as I have my original agreement. I only wrote to them to tell them to stop calling.

PT's case is now on 4th June and I don;t think Apex will be starting any litigation before then.

Quite a few Apex threads around...we're all receiving the same drivel.

Entirely up to you but I would sit back and relax!!

Best of luck ;)

EDIT: PS...hope your rough few months are over!! Think it may have been Melbel who spelt it out for them exactly what was wrong with the agreement and she got a cracking response which is too insane to comprehend!!

Edited by WelshMam2009

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• 1 month later...
Numpties.

lol too right Lex!!

I asked them for some info and received a relpy stating that it would take a while to respond but in the mean time, my account was on hold...yet, I'm still receiving the regular drivel from them!!

DOUBLE numpties me thinks!! :p

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More