• Tweets

• Yeah I figured, unlikely I'll need credit anyway mortgage all paid off etc so I'll take that on the chin and learn from the experience. Probably would've beaten that too had I remembered the protocol, first time ever going through the process though sob it wasn't familiar to me  Oh well  
    • This is my slightly amended WS taking on board your previous comments, any suggestions for amendments would be most appreciated.  Thank you for you time.   1.        I am the Defendant in this matter. 2.        The facts in this statement come from my personal knowledge. 3.        I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 4.        The alleged Letter of Claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address. 5.        The Judgement debt was not familiar to me so I began investigations to ascertain what the debt related to and how such a figure had been equated in any event. 6.        I made immediate contact with the Court, the Claimant Solicitors and the Claimants thereafter, asking them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.  7.        I sent a Data Subject access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided – See appendix 1 which details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclaycard as well as copies of correspondence between us. 8.        I do not admit to entering an agreement with Barclaycard in 2000. 9.       The claimant has failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis and therefore this claim should be automatically struck out.  10.    The claimants have failed to disclose a true executed copy of the original agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim. They are not entitled to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974 12.   The reconstituted standard Barclaycard agreement that the claimant has included in the court bundle does not satisfy any CCA request and so the claimant is and remains in default of my CCA request and therefore unable to enforce the alleged agreement. 13.  The claimants have failed to provide proof the assignment, such as a deed of assignment. 14.  The claimant has failed to provide a statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement 15.   Despite numerous requests to the claimant, I have still not seen any evidence, such as an original agreement or deed of assignment, that substantiates the claimant’s assertion that I owe the debt to the claimant, nor evidence of how the debt was accrued. 16.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.
    • A set aside application costs £275 which is more than the judgement so not worth it. Not that they would grant a set aside anyway.  Set asides are granted, for example, to people who moved and didn't get the court papers, so have a genuine reason for not defending.  Forgetting doesn't count. Your only choices are to pay up within 30 days, or defy the court and not pay.  If the latter, we've never seen a PPC enforce judgement for a single ticket, ever, you would get away without paying - but you would have a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Davey77 vs Capital One *** WON ***

davey77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, this has been going on a while and it's all lumped together on my main thread here:

Debt written off due to Carers Allowance? - The Consumer Forums

But it's time to separate my different battles out into individual threads.

BASICS:

Capital One Credit Card. Start Date: September 2003

Got into financial difficulties and had all the usual 'pay now' and threats etc etc

Eventually asked for a copy of the credit agreement under the consumer credit act 1974 (s77-79).

Dear Madam,

With reference to the above account I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement and a full breakdown of the account including any interest or charges applied. I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 -sections 77-79-, I am entitled to receive a copy of any credit agreement and a statement of account on request. I enclose a payment of £1 which represents the fee

payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I understand a copy of any credit agreement along with a statement of account should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with the request for a copy of the agreement and statement of account under these sections of the Act.

Eventually they sent a copy of the application form and terms and conditions (current ones).

Numerous requests for a properly executed agreement were replied with either silence or 'we have sent you everything the law requires'. Here is what they sent (along with T&Cs that referred to the £12 charge. Remember this card was applied for in 2003 well before the £12 charge was introduced.):

CapitalOneCCAApplication.jpg

Along with my many letters requesting the correct documentation:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your correspondence in reply to my request for the Credit Card Agreement for the above account.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement under the terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 -sections -77-79-.

However, the document that you have provided is clearly marked application form and therefore pre-contractual and not compliant to my request for the CCA under the terms of the above act. It is also a breach of the Act and the Regulations to send the application form rather than a true copy of the agreement.

I therefore require that you provide me with a copy of the correct document or your written acknowledgement that you are unable to do so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAP1MarP1.jpg

Cap1MarP2.jpg

I actually had already sent a complaint to the FOS based on the lack of a properly executed agreement. This was trashed by them with the following :

Cap1FOS1.jpg

Cap1FOS2.jpg

Cap1FOS3.jpg

The FOS said i was 'barking up the wrong tree' taking that kind of complaint to them and that the breaches of OFT Debt Collection Guidance and the Banking Code (let alone the CCA) didn't matter and i should expect a creditor to want their money back regardless of any regulations.

Trading Standards ignored my complaints for over a year and eventually i found out (by complaining to the Council Complaints dept) that TS had 'investigated and resolved' my complaints 12 months previously. I knew nothing about that and they didn't ask for any details at the time or since. In other words, Trading Standards are either in bed with Cap1 or scared of them.

In the end i got tired of asking for an agreement and when Fredricksons (DCA) started giving me the 'we will take you to Court in 7 days) letters, of which never amounted to anything anyway as usual) i decided to try to take Cap1 to Court myself.

Having reviewed the copy documents you have sent in response to my request under s78 CCA, I have come to the conclusion that no valid or enforceable agreement exists between us. This is because the only document I signed is a pre-contractual application form which does not contain any prescribed terms, or any other terms or statutory notices as required by the CCA.

The documents you have supplied do not comply with s61(1) or s127(3) CCA and are therefore improperly executed and totally unenforceable:

s61 CCA - Signing of agreement:

(1) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than implied terms, and

© the document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible.

s127(3) CCA:

(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

Further, the only document I have signed is a pre-contractual application for credit, which may or may not have been accepted, depending on your lending criteria. This was therefore an agreement that falls under s59(1) CCA and is consequently void:

s59 - Agreement to enter future agreement void

(1) An agreement is void if, and to the extent that, it purports to bind a person to enter as debtor or hirer into a prospective regulated agreement.

I therefore require a full refund of all payments made to you in the mistaken belief that a valid and enforceable agreement existed. I have calculated this figure to be £***p and I have enclosed a schedule setting out the details of my claim. I have also included statutory interest at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of each payment, and so require settlement in the total sum of £***.

I also require that any adverse information provided by you in respect of this account to any credit reference agency be deleted from their records. If I do not receive an acceptable settlement proposal within 14 days of receipt of this letter, I shall issue court proceedings without further notice.

Since this letter is the first stage of intended court action, you are required under the general pre-action protocol of the CPR to send me any information I request. Please therefore supply me with a copy of any and all documents in your possession that you will be relying on as a defence to this claim. In particular, since the application form refers to information 'overleaf', I require that you send me a full copy of that original document, i.e. the front and the reverse', plus a true copy of the original terms and conditions. If you do not comply with this request, or send me written confirmation that no original copies of these documents exist, within the 14 days as specified above, I shall consider applying to the court for an order under Part 18 CPR.

I sent the N1 to Cap1 April 2008. They gave their intention to defend.

Various replies to defense back and forth. I asked for an agreement complying to the regulations and they stated that they had already done so and that the variation of the T&Cs over time was enough. Pretty complicated stuff in many ways and it's not over yet so i won't post too much about those details just yet.

Court date is set for the 8th December 2008 (this Monday) and today i get this from Cap1. I don't know what they are talking about as the Court fee remission form has been sent in already. I am trying to get through to the Court today just to make sure:

Cap1-1.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap1-1.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap2.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap3.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap4.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap5.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap6.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/davey77_2007/Cap7.jpg

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Banker_Rhymes. That's a big help. I'll be typing away first thing in the morning. Hopefully there is enough time.

Seems i got moved.. thanks CB.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

ugh before i got through to the Court the postman turns up with the remission forms returned.

The problem was that i had requested a recent Income Support letter but it hadn't arrived in time, so i sent the Court remission fee form to the Court with a covering letter stating i was awaiting the benefit letter and would forward that when i received it.

That form was returned asking me to supply all documentation.. Luckily the benefit letter arrived so i stuck the lot in the post to the Court.

Well now they have sent the whole lot back saying "sorry, but we require your latest letter to be annexed to this".

Give me a break! I almost didn't send it in but i write another letter and stick them together with a first class stamp.

Guess Cap1 weren't telling porkies after all. Could do without all this at the moment.

By the way, i did search for an email address for Cap1 legal dept on the thread but for the life of me couldn't find one. That may still be useful if anyone has it :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Thanks for trying anyways CB. No worries. I'll use first class carrier pigeon.. that will do the trick. :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

thanks for all the help there.. much appreciated. I have other docs and info but feel its hard to post them up right at this moment (what with other battles i have going on at the mo which one day could end up in Court). Totally agree though that saying 'would have' and 'maybe' from someone who wasn't there on the day really isn't much in the way of hard factual evidence is it.

OK i'll get back to work now, busy day.. thanks again, i'll keep popping in as i go! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

wow that's really nice of you to take the trouble...thanks BRW! But...... perhaps i can use that next time as..

the claim has been struck out!! Letter this morning from Judge Moon. Hearing Vacated, claim struck out. Must have been because of the hearing fee issue!!!!??

Judges letter Is dated the 2nd which was when the letter from the Court came to say i needed to resend the remission form. ?! Ugh left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Not my fault either as the Court held onto the remission for ages before sending it back at the very last minute saying they needed more info and after Moon had issued the strike out...

But... also this morning from Cap1:

3 letters recorded deliver. 1 was some rubbish about the account no longer being managed by the debt collection agency?! Right, ok.

The other 2 were exactly the same and from Wendy Starr.

"Without prejudice save as to costs

As advised, Capital One is in the process of instructing a Barrister to represent us at the hearing on Monday 8 December 2008. However, before we incur the cost of doing so, I am instructed to make an offer to settle this claim prior to the hearing in the sum of £674.01

This offer is full and final settlement of any and all claims arising out of the subject matter of the proceedings and is open until 12.00 pm on 5 December 2008. After this deadline has passed, the offer will be withdrawn and our instructions to our Barrister will be to proceed to defend the claim on the basis on the documentation already provided to you.

I would be grateful therefore if you would telephone me on receipt of this letter in order to discuss the matter. My direct line etc etc

Wendy Starr"

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hey yes it's almost certain it was struck out because the Court messed up (or at least were really slow in pointing out the remission form was not fulfilled quickly enough).

The letter i sent yesterday to Cap1 was largely based on your (BRW) view point (which was mine also) on the witness statement and pointing out how i felt i had a lot to say and could argue my case to the Judge pointing out the Law etc etc. They will get that today no doubt. I also gave Cap1 my email address. I am averse to ringing these people. You never get the same in words as you do in writing... never have before anyways.

You are correct in that they are trying to offer me the money. £674.01 was my originally N1 claim amount.

Surely they know that i can issue another N1 (at no cost) and cause them expense over the next 8 months again. Wendy has my email address and they seem a lot keener than me the last few days to communicate so i will see what my inbox brings me.

They could revoke the offer and pass it to a DCA.. in which case i am either try to write to the Court to explain the delay in the fee remission and see if that gets another hearing (dont know how it works) or issues another N1, again. :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

By email 5 mins ago:

Dear Mr X

Without prejudice save as to costs

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 3 December 2008 and note its contents.

You may already have now received my letter also dated 3 December 2008 in which I set out an offer made by Capital One to settle this matter prior to the court hearing.

If you have not yet received my letter, I am instructed to offer the sum of £674.01 in full and final settlement of any and all claims arising out of the subject matter of the proceedings.

This offer is open until 12.00 p.m. on 5 December 2008. After this deadline has passed, the offer will be withdrawn and our instructions to our barrister will be to proceed to defend the claim on the basis of the documentation already provided to you. We would hope however that we may reach a mutually agreeable settlement.

I would be grateful therefore if you would telephone me or respond via email in order to discuss the matter. My direct line is 0115 843 3013. If I am not available, please leave a message on my voicemail and I will return your call as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Wendy Starr

Legal Specialist

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I am being dumb here but as to the rest of the amount alledgely owed on the card i imagine that stays there.. if i agree i'll get 'pay £1500 by next thursday' letters from a DCA in a week?

Going to have to compose a reply...

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Totally agree there BRW.. i need to clarify the status of the ammount aledgely owed and the credit file asap via email now while she is sitting at her computer twidling her thumbs :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I do need permission from the judge to get the Court hearing back on i believe but im sure once i explain the reasons why the benefit letter was later than expected and i did communicate that to the Court then it's probably i would get a new hearing..

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Thanks! :) Almost there...

Hows this sound?

"Thank you for your email.

I can formally accept your offer of £674.01p on the basis that the following criteria are complying with in full, in that:

a. Any obligation to pay the remaining balance on the above account are discharged in full

b. Any references pertaining to this same account are cleared from all Credit Reference Files including late payment markers and comments.

Subject to these conditions being accepted in full your offer of £674.01p will be accepted and i will no longer pursue the matter now, or in the future.

Yours sincerely, me"

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Yes thats the thing.. but it's a small amount so hopefully they will see sense knowing i am going to cause them problems in future! :) As you say, their agreement may not have stood in Court and they would lose more in costs anyway.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

time is of the essence at the mo.. where are the legal bods? :) I can't think of anything else myself but don't want to leave it open to problems later certainly.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

ah ok, thanks for that. Yes im not going to agree to getting £600 odd if in 3 months time they are after me again based on the same flawed agreement. That doesn't make sense so i'll stick to my guns.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

lol Smelly bits lol Well, got to pop to the shop (while it's sunny) so will keep updating as things come in. Thanks for the help folks! :) Laters

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hello Davey77!

I think you must stick to your guns, because my guess is they'll not want to send you a Cheque otherwise. That would be totally unacceptable for sure!

Indeed, they were probably intending to deduct the Refund from the Balance, and then sell the Debt to a DCA, after they write off the remainder against Tax. Swines!

I'd maybe hold off sending anything until you get a good 2nd opinion on what to say.

I do now suspect they had no intention of getting their Cheque Book out, so the Offer was just more smoke and mirrors to get that removed from the main Debt to perhaps give them or a DCA a clearer run at you for the Balance. Yes not what i would want.. a dumb DCA to have to reply to next year.

Going back a bit, do you have the Default Notice, and was that valid? Yes i have and it was valid and correctly sent out.

If it wasn't, then all they can claim from you, assuming the alleged Account has been Terminated, is any Arrears that were fairly due before Termination.

If that is, say, £100, then that's the Total of what they can ask for. Maybe agree to knock any true Arrears off the Refund to show willing?

IOW, your little letter to Wendy Underpants should mention their problems with enjoying the benefits of s87, making it clear that they can forget about the Balance anyway, as it's lost forever (assuming the Default Notice is indeed invalid).

If you see what I'm getting at, you must get the next Letter tight and hard hitting if you want to end this and get a Cheque in time for Davey77's Christmas!

Yes i see what you mean. Afraid i already sent out the original and quickly written email back to Wendy StarrshipEnterprise in haste. Didn't want to leave it as time is the issue. No reply as of 14.15 today so i guess i will have to wait and see. Although will work on possible reply scenarios in the meantime.

Cheers,

BRW

Thanks for all the help! :)

Edited by davey77
spelling

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I am pretty sure the default was ok.. i 'll check but i beleive it was.

Just had this back from Miss Wendy:

Thank you for responding so promptly.

In response to your request:-

1. In addition to our offer of £674.01, I can advise that Capital One is prepared to offer a further £817.41. The sum of £1491.42 offered as the total settlement will clear your outstanding balance. The balance is therefore discharged in full.

2. I am unable to agree the removal of the default on your credit file. Capital One has a responsibility and obligation to accurately record your credit file with the credit reference agencies. You acknowledged you were in financial difficulty in November 2006 and that you would not be able to maintain the minimum monthly payments to your account. You then made nominal payments. As stated, we are under an obligation to accurately record your credit file and therefore recorded your credit file with late marks, until your account defaulted in July 2007. I cannot therefore agree to the removal of the default on your credit file as part of the settlement of this claim.

I should be grateful if you would confirm your acceptance to the above, in order that I may notify the Court accordingly.

Yours sincerely

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Im sure some will say that the default removal matters a lot but i have loads of them already! lol

What do you guys think about me responding with 'i wish the credit file to marked 'satisfied/settled' instead. I could live with that as i am going to have at the very least two more of those. Probably more as the months go on.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

It does mean there fore they did intend to put the offer towards the account in question and not send me a cheque tho.. but swings and roundabouts as they say. I would own Cap1 anything would I?

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Yeah i know.. "clear my outstanding balance".. a balance i do not actually owe due to an improperly executed agreement but again i am trying to reach a resolution so looking at the best option for me at this time. (Sound like a laywer now!)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

The default is ok.. just checked. My notes indicate they were no issues with it.

I don't want to cut my nose off to spite my face here. I've been battling for 2 yrs and this is the closest i have got to any good news.

Don't forget this has been struck out and i am not sure if she realises that yet.. it could alter things if i delay and it becomes known.

Am considering this as a reply:

"Thank you for your email.

After considering the matter further i can agree to Capital One's offer with a compromise that my credit file is marked settled due to my confidence in the said agreements flawed conception and therefore the inappropriateness of Capital One to mark my credit file in the first instance: No properly executed credit agreement = no permission to process data with the credit reference agencies as i see it.

But as a matter of expediency i am prepared to forego such details at this time will accept the offer stated if my credit files are marked accordingly (as no balance would be owed on accepting the offer anyway it would be a slightly more accurate statement.)

Yours sincerely,

me"

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Well, should the worst case scenario happen and it goes back to square one then i won't back down either and will continue fighting (and costing them money) in the new year. I've come this far and i can go further if i have to!

Won't get anything further tonight i suspect but i will contact the Court tomorrow regardless to find out what my options are for reinstating the Claim should that become needed.

Looking forward to my second cup of freshly ground coffee beans (tea!?) tomorrow! Thanks for the help! D

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

The penny could also finally ahve dropped re the financial situation you are in. If they add barristers costs to those as well the only people who are going to end up paying them is Capital 1 :D

They better drop their pennies.. otherwise i am going to toss my cookies all over them! :cool:

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

"Thank you for your email of yesterday evening.

I can confirm that the balance outstanding on your account will be refunded in the sum of £1491.42, and that your credit file will be amended to record a zero balance, and that it is satisfied.

On the basis of the above, I will also now contact the Court to confirm settlement of the claim in full and that the hearing scheduled for Monday 8 December may be vacated. I would be grateful however if you would also telephone the Court to confirm that the claim is settled.

If you have any further queries in relation to this claim, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Wendy Starr

Legal Specialist

Capital One Bank (Europe) plc"

"Dear Madam,

I formally accept your offer to clear the outstanding balance on card number **** **** **** **** with an obligation to pay discharged in full and to place Settled/Satisfied on my file with the Credit Reference Agencies.

Please copy the details of which for my records and send to my postal address at the earliest opportunity.

Yours sincerely, me"

Ok.. now what?! She rings the Court in a minute to find out it's been vacated already and... revokes the offer or calls it a day. I immediately replied accepting the offer so.. guess we wait and see!!!???

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything