Welcome Finance PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi mark

again welcome refuse to answer my questions in post 5

if i were you send welcome a letter thanking them for there response, enclose a copy, and say

WILL YOU MUPPETS ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AS IN POST 5

IN VIEW OF THIS I AM PREPARED TO DELAY MY LETTER BEFORE ACTION BY 14 DAYS

FOR YOUR REFERENCE

ALL CORRESPONDENTS WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY PERTICULERS OF CLAIM

Oh I know tell me about it, they just don't seem to think they are doing anything wrong. Has anybody successfully claimed PPI back from them on this forum?

Halifax Current Account Claim £441

Statements Received 11/08/2006

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

Standard letter Received 29/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

Offer Received 20/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Settled in full :) 07/10/2006

LLoyds Current Account Claim £773.27 inc interest

Statements Received 21/08/2006 Only half received :evil:

Prelim Sent

Barclays Current Account Claim £717.71 inc interest

Statements Received End of Aug postage not paid - lol

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

Offer Received and Rejected 04/10/2006

Will be taking on Welcome Finance and Southern Pacific Mortgages Soon. :-x

what are caggers? sorry if this sounds I bit thick I'm new to all this.

Is it really worth batteling them, I don't really want to go to court as if they win and I have to pay their legal fees I would be really pi**ed off!!

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

Should I still send them a letter even though I only sent the LBA last week on the 10/12/2008. This was a response to my first letter dated 19Nov which they ignored and now they decide to reply probably after they have received the LBA the other day.

I just don't want to get off track here, can I not use the normal route that all other PPI claiments use, or does that not seem to work with welcome?

Mark

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

welcome entering into correspondents , let alone a ppi claim, forget it

the only way to deal with these sharks is by official means,

just constant fobb off and ignoring you.

give them another 14 days from today

they will have all your correspondents, you are just extending the dead line which is good for you

they have to respond to your lba, normal letter, no

ok I will send the letter tomorrow, so I just need to thank them for their letter and send a copy of the same letter they sent me?

Also I need to include just this paragraph and that's it?

"Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me, including correspondence to the underwriter of any insurance policies and details of the relevant Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) payable on any single premium policies. Please ensure this includes how much tax was payable, who payment was made to and the date of this payment. "

Mark

Prelim Sent 21/08/2006

LBA Sent 06/09/2006

MCOL Issued 03/10/2006

Prelim Sent

Prelim Sent 06/09/2006

LBA Sent 25/09/2006

yes

tell them as soon as they have released those details, your request has been satisfied

for good measure ,

if they still decline to release this data

tell them no further correspondents will be entered into

and an order for the release of this data will be put at full cost to welcome through the court for compliance.

this way you have covered yourself against any costs,

infact, they will be paying you costs

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I have just read through your thread and am thinking this will help me - I have a round 1 show down in court with Welcome tomorrow 30/01/09.

My story is sounding the same as many I have heard on this site - I took out a £1000 loan in September 2006 which was to be repaid over 12 months with no insurances then in January 2007 I asked to take another £1000 on the same terms. I was told this wouldn't be a problem but whilst the initail loan was done over the phone this time I was told I would have to go to a branch. After sitting in the branch for 3 hours in a tiny room whilst the salesman seemingly sat at his desk drinking coffee I was presented with an A4 piece of paper that he asked me to sign to verify all my details were correct - I stupidly see now did not think this was a loan agreement I thought I was signing to say my personal details were true and so signed without reading it properly.

The next thing I know he swans off again an an hour later he comes back in with a cheque for the extra £1000 in an envelope and says all the paperwork will follow - after 4 hours I was dying to get out of the cramped office he had shut me in so I just said 'it is on the same terms as the other one isn't it?' he said yes so I left thinking the paperwork would follow.

The paperwork never followed but as I was paying £200 every month I calculated this seemed about right for £2000 over 12 months. Then in January 2007 I called Welcome to find out if my last payment would be that January or February as I couldn't remember when my DD had started - to my horror I was told that infact I was to pay £200 for another 2 years - so to broow £2000 i would be repaying £7200.

It was only then that I was told I was paying £2100 for PPI, Accident, Life Insurance etc the whole works - my insurance policies cost more than the loan for Gods Sake!

I complained on numerous occasions writing letters talking to sales people that really couldn't be bothered and found a typical response when I asked how they could charge something so extortionate was 'we lend to people with adverse credit' - oh well thats ok then!

I was fobbed off and never received any responses to my complaint - I have explained on a number of occasions the reason I don't take PPI on anything is that I have an existing medical condition that excludes me from almost all these policies ever paying out. In the end I had enough I have still to this day not received a copy of my agreement, a PPI policy bookklet, details of who provides this insurance or any acknowledgement to numerous complaints.

So in October this year I called my branch and told them I had just filed a claim in small claims court for the PPI insurance money I had paid and interest - the employee I spoke to who will remain nameless (until court tomorrow) has confirmed that he sent an electronic complaint form to head office informing them I was taking them to court. Welcome Finance did not acknowledge court action (well they don't acknowledge customers letters so why anything else!) so I was given a default judgement i then warrented it and prepared to send the bailiffs in (just for the crack really) I then received a call from Welcomes 'compliance' department. They informed me they had only just found out I had taken them to court and were applying to have the judgement put aside on grounds they didn't receive the paperwork from the court - funny that I received mine though! - I told them at this point I had already warrented it to bailiffs and they were due to attend the local branch - at this point the man started to raise his voice and called me a stupid girl that didn't know what she was doing and if that bailiff tries to take their property I will be liable for the costs if welcome had their goods taken that could run in to hundreds of pounds which welcome would pursue with 'great vigour'.

I had the feeling he was B/Sing me and the people at the courts service confirmed I had already paid for the bailiff when I warrented it and I would not be liable for anything.

But welcome filled a motion to get the judgement put aside and asked for it to be without a hearing and tried to use a statement saying that they had not received notification of the court action nor were they aware of any complaint I had - thankfully I have faxed letters along with transmission receipts, emails with read receipts and letters that have been signed for to dispute this alongside a statement from their own employee saying he told them court action had been filed.

So her I go, hopefully the judge will dismiss their motion - otherwise round 2 is scheduled for March 2009. I will keep you updated!

HELLO ANDIE AND WELCOME, EXCUSE THE PUN

there have been two welcome results today, lets make yours number three

when you go into court, tell the judge welcome have ignored your correspondents, they allways do.

thats why consumers have to put in a claim against these muppetts

its company policy to ignore, hoping it will go away

go get them

Hi Postggj - were the successes today in court? I'm kinda flying by the seat of my pants tomorrow don't have a legal help or anything just hoping I get a sympathetic judge that'll speak to me in laymens terms as each time I have spoke to Welcome they try and confuse me with legaleze.

Thanks - not sure about the chances of them not turning up for me as I live in Nottingham their H/O home turf - we shall see I guess crossing my ingers though - them not turning up would be so much better for me as I have zero idea what i'm doing :)