• Tweets

• Thank-you @BankFodder, your statement is a correct understanding of my position and I agree, it is actually really what I was looking for in starting this thread, as I too believed that the maximum I could claim for is that which I sold it for, even though this was substantially below market value at the time. And so, this sold value is what I shall be claiming for + the other expenses. @dx100uk I get your point, but this is just not what I want to expose myself to. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones to have my details stolen in the Peoples Energy hack, and in 2020 I discovered that those details had been used to take out car insurance, and that the insured was then involved in a collision and my details were dragged through the mud. Despite Aviva cancelling the claim and treating as though it never were, even though I have the letters from them to say that they have removed this claim from the insurance database, I still get refused insurance and credit products to this day until I send across the letter from Aviva which explains that I was a victim of fraud. So you'll forgive me for not jumping up and uploading my data to a server utility for which I have no control over its retention policy, or where the server is located globally, its legal jurisdiction, or its security protocols.
    • Speeding (Revised 2017) – Sentencing (sentencingcouncil.org.uk)  
    • upload sites dont retain copies and so what if they do... what do you think they are going to do, kidnap your grannies budgie or something..how the hell would any of the info required by us be of any use to them..... stop being paranoid and put them all in one mass multipage pdf.  
    • https://audicam.audi.co.uk/customer/6660055/00cc584e9769699ddba3807a2995032f/59022-13062024 Please let me know if you can access footage 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CCJ court claim form received

jodenice
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ps I wrote to the CCCS lady and she wrote back ' I wouldn't want to go down without a fight either' :)

She just wants us to fill in the forms, whether admitting or defending, just don't do nothing. She has suggested I fill in the bit only admitting the actual cost minus the fines they have issued in the last couple of months.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do decide to Defend the whole claim you will also need to send a CPR request ASAP along with the CCA request.I can post should you decide on this course of action

Andy

As per my previous post #13

Andy:)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you do decide to Defend the whole claim you will also need to send a CPR request ASAP along with the CCA request.I can post should you decide on this course of action

Andy

Ahhh, sorry, I overlooked this. acronym overload this end. :wink: Thanks.

OK I want to get the documents without telling them that I am definitely going to contest it. Can I do this? Also I don't remember ever signing for anything from them, can I request proof of delivery?

What would actually happen if it go to court. Would my other half have to go and stand up and talk to a judge?

Ahhh, sorry, I overlooked this. acronym overload this end. :wink: Thanks.

OK I want to get the documents without telling them that I am definitely going to contest it. Can I do this? Yes via the CCA request as per my post #13:)Also I don't remember ever signing for anything from them, can I request proof of delivery?:confused: you mean the agreement, surely you signed it in the premises when your BF purchased the PC

What would actually happen if it go to court..Thats a long way off 12mths even more and thats providing they wish to proceed and dont let that intimidate your decision Would my other half have to go and stand up and talk to a judge?Would have to attend but its not like the TV with black capes and wigs its a room with a table and 6 chairs:)

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I'm sorry i'm completely confused. What is the CCA request?

How is it different from a CPR request? (Is this one I can fine in the templates section and I send it off with a £1 postal order?) the only thing about this is that if they get certain amount of days to send it (i think I read 12?) then thats me out of time to send the form back if I decide that we should admit it.

Re postal signature - I meant for any default notices.

Edited by jodenice

How do i send it? And is it different from a CPR request? Is this one I can fine in the templates section and I send it off with a £1 postal order?

Thats the one they can ignore the CPR request which is what you submit when proceedings have commenced but if they ignore the CCA request and dont respond within 12+2 working days then they are in Default.Also gives you the heads up in viewing the agreement before hand and knowing if it is actually enforcable

Regards

Andy

How do i send it? And is it different from a CPR request? Is this one I can fine in the templates section and I send it off with a £1 postal order?

Calm down ;)

If you send the CPR request, the CCA (Credit Agreement) is included.

It's normally requested via letter 'N' from here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

BUT as Court Papers have been served, it is requested Via CPR Protocals.

Jogs

As it would appear we are giving confusing advise to the OP I will now bow out of this thread and leave you in the capable hands of Jogs

Andy

Havinastella, is there a way to get this information or send that letter without actually stating that you are definitely going to defend it.

Andyorch, I'm so sorry, I think this is my fault, its me asking all these bloody questions, its all so far above my head that I am tempted to just give in right now. You've been very patient in answering all my queries and I thank you.

RIGHT,

It does not really matter whether you defend all, defend part, or don't defend any of the claim, that comes later.

The CPR request says 'I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim.'

Whether you defend all, after you receive what you have requested is up to you. Why would you not want to defend it. The solicitor only scans over it and requests the paperwork anyway. You think they have time to read every letter all the way through ;)

Get the CPR request off ASAP, Send R/D and then we can help with defence.

On a side note, what are the other debts and are they enforceable/any charges to reclaim?

Jogs

Ok well I will reprint that letter and send it by recorded tomorrow.

I do understand a lot of the basics. My worry is the timeline. If I wish to admit the whole thing I have to send it back to the solicitors by the 22nd November (according to the court claim form) which is the 14 days - yet the deadline for weightmans to respond is 14 days from now. If i fill in the acknowledgement of service then it automatically assumes that I am preparing a defence and the choice of admitting in full is denied.

If, (hypothetically), we defend it, continue to pay it on the DMP and it comes to court and we have to pay, will the DMP / lack of money still be taken into account the same way that it would be if we admitted it straight away? If you know what I mean?

Jogs, when you mention other debts, do you mean all of the in the DMP?

I don't understand why they are doing this? They are getting all the spare money we have. Surely any reasonable judge would look at our incomings / outgoings & DMP and conclude this? What is their aim??

Edited by jodenice

File AOS, do that yesterday.

Whether you defend in full and lose, it makes no difference at all. You need to get the details from HFC to see your course of action.

You will defend at least part, as you can reclaim the charges.

If you have been paying the DMP all the time, the judge will look dimly on this case being brought. In fact, if you are paying too much, there is always the chance he will reduce payments. Judges are not there to take your money off you, they really will help with what you can afford.

Jogs

right I did the AoS and convinced my boyfriend that it makes no difference if we defend and lose as it does to admit it straight away - so we have decided to defend all of it. I sent the letter (the CPR one) off recorded delivery end of last week.

I'm not sure what to do now. But I do feel amazingly relieved that we are actually doing something. :)

I wonder if anybody would mind advising me as to the order of what happens next ...

We have sent off the AoS and said we are going to defend all. This gives me another 14 days added on to the original 14 days and makes the date that I have to do something by the 6th December.

I have already sent off the letter (CPR) which includes a CCA request under civil proceedings and I would expect a reply with full details of the credit agreement, default notices etc by the 22nd November latest.

I really need to see what they send back before we mount either a full defence or a partial one (i.e. for the fines or the whole amount).

I'm just not sure what order everything goes in! I've tried reading through a few other cases and some stickies but I'm stuck.

So its Court Papers

Send off CPR request

AOS

Add 14 days

Defence?

and do i come back on here when I have either received or not received papers to ask advice for defence.

I understand you are all really busy and I appreciate any help.

thanks

Jo

Hi Jodenice

Thats about correct, as i said earlier in your thread very rarely a CPR is responded to so you will be no further on when it comes to submitting your defence.With the CCA request as i did advise this can not be ignored and does place the Claimant in default the CPR does not.

Im sure more expieienced posters will advise further when you come to submit your defence.

Regards

Andy

The CPR letter is the required thing to do but as per my post#13 and #31 the Claimant can choose to respond or ignore or drag it out for ever and again this does not put the claimant in default only the CCA request does.

Logic really you come to submit your defence no response to CPR!!! no way of assetaining is there a valid enforcable CCA you are fighting in the dark springs to min.

Scenario 2 you come to submit your defence they have either complied to you valid legal request made with your statuary £1.00 or ignored and are in default or have complied and you have the the CCA to hand to enable you to draft a far more particularised and stronger defence.

When I suggest something it is usually for a reason;)

I tust the above explains my reasons

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

Excellent lets try to keep this thread on track now.

PS dont sign the CCA request Postal order print name

Regards

Andy

Arrgh, I've just been reading all the other weightmans / hfc threads

and to say I am panicking is an understatement. They appear to fight it til the very end, add thousands of pounds costs and people on the forum are ending up having to pay for legal representation.

I am really scared, I pushed my boyfriend into this and he's going to go mad if he has to keep going to court, to case managment sessions etc.

The main worry is that we cannot afford to pay the whole sum, even if they had a reduced offer, this is why he is on a DMP.

Feel a bit sick, and like I might have made a mistake.

Jodenice

How much is the claim for?

Hope your not veering off track again??

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

I confess I am veering off track. Temporarily. I can't help it. Its the sheer panic and realisation that I have as many legal skills and as much legal understanding as a piece of wilted broccoli. :D And that my boyfriend has even fewer!

The claim is for £1790.

You sent the CPR 31.14 letter right? Then good. There is no prospect of any solicitors charges being dumped on you for fighting this claim beyond solicitors costs already mentioned on the claim form. This is because the sum involved is less than £5,000.00 and if you defned the case it will be allocated to the small claims track.

I realise not being able to pay the sum sued for would be a worry. Defending is your legitimate endeavour to avoid paying that which you can not afford to pay. Throwing the towel in is the shortest route to having a court direct you to pay that which you can not afford to pay. Going the shortest route therefore sounds pretty stupid to me.

You're mistake would be what exactly? I only ask because given your options, I can't see one.

x20

So if your case was to go to trial you would be in SCT (small claims track)

what are the costs so far on your summons?

Andy