• Tweets

• The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
    • it doesn't matter what you are being charged or if you missed the discount period. you ain't paying anyway..... if this ever gets before a judge. then the ins and out of POFA2012 or any IPC/BPA guidelines might come into play. until then i go get on with your life. you are spending far too much time on a speculative invoice scan scheme  its almost as if you believe these are fines and enforceable in a criminal court and you could have bailiffs at your door any minute.    
    • Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) but dont get scammed into a DMP. simply tell whomever you call to simply apply for the BS for you.  
    • totally immaterial. time to now start reading up. Programmable Search Engine (google.com) Clickme^^^ do not miss your defence filing date no matter what dx  
    • Programmable Search Engine CSE.GOOGLE.COM clickme^^
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Court Summons out of the blue - What do I do now?

Elkus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CL finance dont concern themselvs with trivial matter like not sending a NoA or Default Notice they are above the law.They purley buy debts which are defaulted with no intention of dealing with the Debtor to persue you through CCBC ( Northampton) and use the Bulk Centre restrictions as a way to avoid furnishing said documents, at the the time of litigation.

Providing you defend and I mean Defend all,this will stop the automated process of them attaining Summary Judgement and put them to proof of their claim

I wish you well with your case

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Elkus

Can you post up a copy of the NoA less your personal details.

Unless they provide copies of CAA DN statements etc then the CPR request remains incomplete.So you will have to submit an holding Defence.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Ok that looks ok have you had the same from GE capital ?

I would suspect not I bet the ink had not dried on that one before winging its way to Northampton :rolleyes:

Andy

Ok Elkus have you worked out the date of your Defence submission and had a look around for suitable holding defence?

I will assist you if you are struggling with this just post.

Regards

Andy

No they know that that they have to compy and as such will remain in Default of said request.Also smacks of desperation remember Litigation involves mindgames and as such we will give them a few.

Regards

Andy

Hi Elkus

Ok does the DN allow 14 days to remidy said breach ie date of DN plus 3 plus 14?

Cant enlarge the CCA to see the details good enough to accetain if it is valid can you post it via Photobucket?

Regards

Andy;)

So the DN is not dated?:confused: so how can you work out the perscibed period to rectify ie 14 days from when?????

On the CCA looks like an Application Form but still quiet blurred.Are there any Perscribed terms within the signitory sheet ie Interest rate,payment date credit limit? are there any T&Cs also attached preferbly within the signitory area or refered to on the signitory ie overleath or attached or linked via letter or number?

Andy;)

Hi wouldnt worrry too much re the CCA the DN is invalid anyway and therfore unlawful. Thats enough to render a good defence and refute the claimants P.O.C

Andy;)

Hi again

Without actually being able to see the CCA properly its difficult to advise on this point.Does it contain both yours and theirs Sigs?

Does it state anywhere that is an application Form?

Like i said earlier everything must be within the signitory sheet perscribed terms and also the T&Cs.

With regards to the Defence thats not a problem and would be delighted to assist in drafting you somthing suitable to your case.

Just post nearer the time (not the day before ) and we will draft your Defence.

Regards

Andy

It could mean but then again you can have an Application agreement providing it conforms to some of the points we have already discussed.

If you feel that it does contain the perscribed terms apart from the OCs signiture then it is therefore unexecuted.You need to check it contains T&Cs if you are happy that the terms are there.

Andy

It would be helpful, we know the DN is pants ,would nice to know if the CCA is also.

Andy

Hi Elkus

Ok can see the detail now.I would be inclined to think that this would have been a valid CCA however pity it is unsigned by the OP. I would contend that this could amount to a pre-contractual document. As far as im aware the completed rubber stamp could have been put on last week unless thats dated also.Without the OCs signiture then IMHO it can be argued that the application/agreement remains unexecuted and therfore invalid and unbinding.You may wish for other views and see if they are in agreement.

Regards

Andy

Well its only a small point but big enough to render said CCA unenforcable,so along with the DN you have enough to defend with a very good prospect of success.

At the end of the day the game is not to get to Court but to imply to the Claimants that they got it wrong and game over.Post nearer to your submission date and I will assist in your Defence

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Elkus

I would advocate submitting the following this can be input on line vis a vis MCOL using your password on the summons.Copy and paste and submit print off your reciept as proof and sit back.

A defence should deal with the claimants pleading and not be complicated and long in these matters. It should not contain references to cases etc. Do not forget you may have to argue that which is contained in your defence and so you need to understand that to which you are endorsing a statement of truth. Until the claimant pleads in an appropriate manner, you should not reveal all your 'cards'. I suggest a defence as follows:-

Defence

I Elkus make this statement as my defence to the claim brought by(Claimant name)

1.The claimants particulars of claim are vague and fail to disclose any cause of action, they appear to be an abuse of the process in that they fail to deal with the basic rules of pleading in accordance with the CPR

2.No documents supporting the claims in the particulars have been offered which the defendant needs to establish what agreement it is that this action is based upon

3.Without clarification of the claimants claim, the defendant is extremely disadvantaged and the claimants claim appears without merit

4.Further to above the defendant is unable to plead effectively or at all. The defendant is embarrassed.

The above is all you need to place in the defence.

You should write to the claimants solicitors as follows:-

' Herewith copy defence by way of service, the same having been filed with the court.

Please serve amended particulars of claim and plead yor clients case in an appropriate manner within 7 days, so that I am aware of the case I will have to meet at trial. I request that you attach to the particulars a copy of the agreement upon which the claimant relies. The matter will be transferred to my home court and the claimant will have to produce the document, in any event. In those circumstances you should plead in accordance with the CPR.

Failure to provide that requested in the time period provided for will result in application to the court. I confirm a copy of this letter will be produced to the court when the question of costs falls to be decided'.

Yours Elkus

Send Rec Del and retain proof dont sign print

#

Regards

Andy;)

Great, thanks very much! That's pretty much what I was looking for but was a bit put off by the long defences :?

However I have a couple of questions to ask, if you don't mind? As you say I need to be fully aware of all the facts, so I'd like to clarify a couple of points:

I assume we're referring to the lack of documentation supplied with the claim? I gather this is standard practice with online applications (although last time I saw a claim come from Northampton it had all the referenced materials attached) and is 'acceptable'? I have never seen one from CCBC with docs attached

I'm also assuming that we're not including the fact that they sent the materials under my CPR request, so is this relevant? You recieved a NoA which looked ok the DN is undated so invalid and the CCA is unsigned therefore unexecuted ( This could be regarded as a minor omission and still rendered enforcable )

I've always been curious about this... What exactly does pleading embarrassment achieve?:rolleyes: Doesnt achieve anything just outlines your ignorance to a vague POC.I appreciate the Account number is named but without the CCA means very little.

In view of the above docs being supplied i would be inclined to not send the follow up letter to their Sols but just submit the short Defence.Dont reveal all your cards for now you will have another opportunity at AQ stage.The DN is your key in this matter its invalid because of no date therefore the account as been terminated unlawfully and therefore the proceedings as well.If you feel confident to argue the above point then thats the way to proceed.

Haven't we already asked for this under CPR? They did send me a copy when asked, although it is of dubious nature...Point this out at AQ

But apart from that, thanks again, you've all been really helpful with your suggestions :D

(Can there ever be too much praise??)

Elkus

Regards

Andy

Aha now I understand!

Do they have to state the account has been terminated, or does the issuance of a DN and the follow-up court claim automatically render the account terminated? Still not 100% sure on this one cos they could claim the account hasn't been terminated and issue a 'correct' DN at a later date...Unlawfully terminated they cant reissue a second DN unless you resign a new agreement which is unlikely

Other than that I'll get the defence sent later on in the week once I fully understand what I'm putting there!

Elkus

Andy;)

Stick to the DN flaw everything else is immaterial

Andy;)

Edited by Andyorch

• 4 weeks later...

Well done Elkus;)

Regards

Andy

• Haha 1