Natwest/rbs/triton mint creditcard debt

olliepup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if this is of any use- this is the letter i use to deter harassment

it combines the telephone and doorstep letters in one go and gives a genuine reason why they can never discuss the matter in person or over the phone

please feel free to use it if it helps

Re Your Ref AccountXXXXXXXXXXXXx

I am anxious to resolve matters with regard to the above matter. You are not assisting in this respect by harassing me and causing unnecessary stress. .

Please stop making telephone calls to me. This includes my home and work landlines and/or my home or work mobile telephone numbers . It is very distressing , harassing and annoying to continually have to get up and monitor the telephone and filter out unwanted calls..

I Will not under any circumstances discuss this matter verbally over the telephone or in person.

Cognisant of the ever increasing threat of identity fraud and theft of personal financial information and data, it has been our family policy , for quite some time now, in dealing with all our bank , service and other financial providers that we never give personal security information or a part thereof to inbound telephone callers , nor do we discuss financial matters verbally.

The above policies also apply to personal uninvited callers to our home and for this reason I would also ask you to note that I would never agree at any time for you, your agents or representatives to call personally at my home nor would I ever discuss this matter with an uninvited personal caller, therefore please do not ask to make any such appointment. or use “threats” of personal calls to my home..

In light of the above it therefore follows , given that any further calls by telephone or personal uninvited call from you, your agents or representatives would never “get past” confirmation of identity nor would any “security “ information be disclosed , any further attempts by you to contact me in this way can only be seen (by a right thinking person) as an attempt to continue to cause further harassment and distress.

It may be the case that you were unaware of the reasons why I will not accept telephone calls and/or personal callers, however now that you are fully aware of the reasons , if you continue to ignore my request it will be at risk of formal complaints and possible legal proceedings and claims for damages.

- 2 -

It is also our family policy, in respect of dealings with bank , service providers and other financial providers to insist that ALL communications are in writing in order to avoid any dispute as to what may or may not have been said or done and to provide an audit trail of events. This can only be to our mutual benefit.

Whilst I appreciate that this is a very formal way of contact it does in fact allow the matter to be dealt with in a more efficient and businesslike manner..

I undertake to respond to written communication (excluding letters asking me to call you on the telephone or to make appointments or “threaten” personal calls to my home) normally within 7 days and certainly no longer than 14 days of receipt.

As a consequence of the foregoing you may therefore assume that any written communication from you which is not responded to by me within 14 days is likely to have not reached me and you may wish to re send the document- particularly if it is considered to be an important one.

May I also remind you that as holders of a licence to operate under the Consumer Credit Act it is your responsibility to be aware of and act within the rules of the CCA and OFT rules and guidelines and it is not for me to have to quote the legislation to you

I trust I have made my position clear and that we can now try to resolve this matter more amicably and efficiently .

Yours sincerely

• Haha 1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I wrote to AIC stating the account was in dispute and to provide what i requested with the CCA.

I got a letter back today saying they cannot comply with my request and it lies with the original creditor Natwest and i should send 1.00 pound to an address in essex which is

Insolvency & Client Support

1st floor- section 78

Thanet Grange

Westcliff on Sea

Essex

SS0 OEJ

Is that address mean anything to anyone??

Why should i CCA Natwest again when i did last year and payed my pound and they didn't produce one then.

They finished the letter by saying the account is still owing and i need to contact their offices to prevent further recovery action being taken.

Am i right in thinking no CCA or a valid one the cannot carry out any recovery action?

Is this illegal??

There was a letter pinky69 put up on my Robinson way thread that may do the trick.

But am i right in thinking they legally can't pursue until CCA is complied with?

Any advice would be great.

Many Thanks.

send the quid back with a short letter and tell them to respond to your cca request and that perhaps they should seek legal advise as to their obligations

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got a bright red letter from Regal Credit this morning. They are demanding payment for a Natwest Credit Card Account.

I have never had a Natwest Credit Card. :confused:

Unfortunately I was so incensed I called and left them a message before I had noticed that you are charged 10p a minute for calling their number. :(

Still I'm sure I managed to say what I wanted to within that minute - ending with "Now just bugger off." :D

and now they have your number!1 Doh!

• 2 months later...