Halifax Accounts Closed.help Required!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I would be extremley greatful if anyone could offer me a little advice.

within the last 7 years I have had a mortgage and 2 loans as well as a current account with the Halifax but unfortunately the only refference i have relating to these accounts are the roll numbers which i obtained from a branch (according to the member of staff this is the only info she could give me as all the accounts are now now closed).

My plan was to contact the Halifax and see if i could get the info i require to see if i had any charges etc to try and claim back, so i sent the following letter:

My name and address

Halifax

Customer Relations

P O Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

15August 2008

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Roll Numbers: ????????? ????????? ?????????

With reference to the above agreements, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of these credit agreements.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreements on request. I enclose a payment of £3.00, which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of my credit agreements should be supplied within 12 working days.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully

The problem i have is that i'm not even sure if the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79) actually aplies if the accounts have been closed??

and as they were sent recorded delivery and delivered on the 20th August 08 the 12 day period is now up.

The 3 £1.00 cheques i sent have all been cashed and I clearly wrote the individual roll numbers on the back of each cheque with an instruction as to what they were for. So my question is what would be my next move???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Adamsdad.

Hi Old Andrew 2007,

Thats probably the best option but i'm not holding out much hope as just reading a few posts on other threads it would seem Banks are under no obligation to keep keep, never mind supply T&C's once the accounts have been settled and closed but the fact they have cashed my cheques gives me a little hope.

Cheers.