• Tweets

• I wasn't going to name them a if I had no standing, I  didn't want to slur their name, but nothing I have written is not factual, and of course, "woefully inadequate" is my opinion only., Others may differ.   It is Onestream and yes, I purchased it onlline. Oddly, I have some package that is supposed to give me a higher level of onsite engineer support, but I don't think they have met that, either. Will have to check. I have opened an offical complaint with them and of course they are not prepared to move on it.   Apols for the tardy response - I was travelling with work and have not great access to personal email at that time (only have a tablet, and fat fingers and tablets don't mix well).   Thanks, JA
    • scan barclays.pdfscan barclays.pdfscan barclays.pdf Thanks - scan pdf attached.
    • I have yet to know of someone who’s got that. Everyone I know or have heard of on these forums has just ignored and so far nothing. Touch wood that remains.  just ignore- you’ve tried and they just don’t cooperate. 
    • The council have been very helpful, shockingly, so the tax is all on hold until further notice.  However, he keeps passing the dementia tests with flying colours like we all knew he would, he's a very intelligent man and he seems perfectly lucid at times, but the severe and rapid decline in his ability to complete some simple tasks or even acknowledge there's a problem in some areas i.e. his finances, diet, medication and personal hygiene. Without this or the POA we're still fighting them off one by one.  The bailiffs are still hounding him in some instances, but my cousin is fending them off as much as he can with your advice.  More letters are coming weekly though and an arrangement was made for him to pay one of them when they turned up one morning for his car. He turned the carers away the first day they turned up not understanding who they were or why they were there, so without them he is reverting to hoarding food and ignoring the letters. We are all too far away to police it all on a weekly basis.  It's not going to get any better, so it's just a waiting game until he fails the next round of memory tests or the authorities have to step in.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Phoenix/Cater Claimform - Joint LTSB OD Debt **WON - DISCONTINUED**

madi's mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Madis Mum

Is it the N149 or N150 you have recieved?

I would summise its the N150 because of the value of the claim this will be allocated to fast track.

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok

Without knowing all your details or defence submission and what has been furnished or not I can only give you a guidence on how to complete said AQ as this would depend on what the argument of your defence was.I will post up shortly and you can edit to suit you claim

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

The 1st Q, doesn't have a number, it asks have you sent a copy to other parties...tick yes.

A. Settlement-tick yes

B. Location -tick no

C. Pre-action Protocols-Part one-don't tick anything

Part two-tick yes

Case Management Info

State the full amount of what they are claiming in the bo

Applications-you haven't made any-tick no

Witnesses- if it is a joint debt put both of your names

Witness to which facts- All facts in the case

Experts-only the 1st Q is applicable about calling experts-tick no. The rest of that page you can leave blank

Track-can't complete without claim value

E.Trial/final hearing

Time estimate 4 hours

Days you won't be able to attend. Obviously I don't know that info. If you have holidays, other relevant important dates in the next 4mnths, I would detail. The Crts are quite flexible about this, so don't think you have to cancel things. If you're unavailable, say so.

F. Proposed Directions- no to both Q's.

G. Leave blank

Other Information

Attached docs-tick no

Sent to other party-tick no

If yes.....etc-leave blank

Do you intend to make applications in immediate future-tick yes[/font]

If Yes what for-An Order seeking the Claimants compliance with information previously requested.

In the big box underneath I intend to write how the Claimants are behaving, so I will do that shortly.

Sign and date (teaching you how to suck eggs-sorry!)

Under the signature box put little lines through everything except the number one and Defendant.]In the box underneath that, put your address, tel no and don't forget your p/code (Crt gets funny if people omit it!) You can include your email if you wish.

• Haha 1

Under track tick the Fasti-track box.

In the other information box write the following, but not yet, in case you provide me other info, that requires me to tinker with it!

The Claimants are deliberately frustrating these proceedings and preventing me from submitting a counter-claim, by refusing to provide information first requested under a Subject Access Request on the xxth xxxxx 2008. They have only partially complied with my request. I have sent letters to the Claimants Solicitors on the xxth xxxxx repsectively, requesting the outstanding information, which has to date not been furnished. I believe this is entirely unreasonable behaviour and I will shortly request an Order from the Court compelling the Claimant's compliance, to enable me to file a counter-claim

The Court expects each party to file their AQ at Court, and each party is required to serve a copy on their opponents. The exchange of documents between parties, is expected from the beginning of the case. So that would include AQ's, disclosure statements and pre-trial checklists as an example. AQ's are not confidential and if you don't send your opponent a copy, chances are they will file an Application Notice looking for your case to be struck out. The offending party would then receive a further Order giving them a last chance to serve the AQ by a specified date. If it's not done, the non-compliant party would lose the case.

If they haven't complied with Court Directions, that tells you they are highly unlikely to even turn up to argue their case! You have complied, so even if they did turn up, you can point out to the Judge all the things they have neglected to do! You might resent having to send things off their sols and file stuff at Court, when they're doing nothing, but if you're doing things right, nobody can fault you on your efforts can they?

I trust the above is of help

Regards

Andy;)

Yes thats fine.Not unsual for them to ignore your CPR 18 request.I take it you submitted a basic holding defence did you refute the Sec 69 interest point?

Andy

I use this in my defences to cover the above should the claimant try for section 69 interest in their P.O.C

Regarding that which is denied, the claimant seeks to claim statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum. It is therefore averred that this claim is brought in relation to a personal loan which is credit as defined within the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the defendant notes that the claimant is not entitled to do so and attention is drawn to The County Courts Interest on Judgment Debts Order 1991 Section 2 (3)(a) which sets out that this is the case as this claim is in relation to a debt regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974

The Claimants have not established any legal right to issue a claim or proven that any debt exists. It is the Defendant’s position that the Claimant’s claim is entirely spurious and without merit and should be struck out for the aforementioned reasons

Hi Again sorry for the delay

The above are only guidlines you may not wish to settle you may wish to issue Directions and which are very available to you via Fastrack/Multitrack.Tick multitrack and in the other information box change the S.A.R request to CPR 18 request as in your case

Regards

Andy

Do you know roughly what the penalty charges are? Have you ever requested a S.A.R? Have you ever recieved a default Note.?

And most imprtantly have you ever recieved a NoA (Notice of Assignment) All the above must be taken into consideration at AQ and whather or not you may wish to issue Directions/Disclosures.

Its not that quite straight forward coming into a case at AQ stage as I am sure you appreciate

Regards

Andy

I certantly dont advise you to throw in the towel you can still pull this back at this late stage

Ok in the AQ Settlement =no

Directions yes and request a copy of the NoA/Statements etc you can see in the stickys how to template a draft direction.I would also mention lack of NoA in the other as well as a copy will goes straight to the Claimant and visa vera and if they think they are on sticky ground they will discontinue IMHO.You need to do a little back tracking but im sure you can turn this round.complete your AQ as advised and then look at how to prepare your direction/disclosures and get it off to court.You have 2 days almost so its not impossable.

Good luck in your case and if you require anything further i will be online tomorrow,

Regards

Andy;)

No problem thats what CAG is all about just wish we chatted earlier in your case.I will check your final Directions tomorrow been a long day.

Try not to worry.

Regards

Andy;)

Hi

Excellent what a difference a day makes and you wanted to throw the towel in yesterday.Ok get that off 3 copies dont sign the Claimants copy print name One to the Court obviously and retain one for yourself

I wish you well with your case

Regards

Andy;)

• 1 month later...

Hi Madis Mum

Ok when you have time if you can scan and post copies of the CCA and Default Notice less your personal details of course and we will take a look to see if any flaws

Regards

Andy;)

Hi the attachments are too small if you can upload them to Photobucket

Regards

Andy

Hi

The images are still too small you need to copy and paste the link to photobucket so we can download to view

Regards

Andy;)

Hi Madis Mum & 42nd

I understand the full amount was issued in the summons.Just refreshing back over your thread i note this is an O/Draft and therefore not subject to a default note but rather a Termination Notice,the claimant must under section 87(1)also sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA 1974 serve a Termination Notice before they can demand payment under a regulated credit agreement do you ever recall recieving the above?

Regards

Andy;)

Edited by Andyorch

Also if you have and Penalty charges are in question (which there has to be) now that you have your statements.

I note that(The Termination Notice) to be valid, a default notice needs to be accurate in terms of both the scope and nature of breach and include an accurate figure required to remedy any such breach. In respect of the figures claimed, it is averred that the sums claimed contain charges which are unfair within the meaning given in the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999 and it is further averred that the charges levied are punitive in nature and are penalty charges

The prescribed format for such document is laid down in Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) and Amendment regulations the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 (SI 2004/3237)

The Claimant, possessing no legal right to claim monies allegedly owed, has acted unlawfully in issuing a Default Notice/Termination Notice and registering said Notice with Credit Reference Agencies. Such conduct is a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 and amounts to defamation. Furthermore, the Defendant avers, that the Default Notice/Termination Notice is wholly unenforceable, given that the amount claimed regarding that which is denied, contains penalty charges, which are unlawful at Common Law, Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Company Ltd v New Garage and Motor Company Ltd [1915], under The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999

Just some food for thought

Andy

And the above would also apply to said NoA being totally invalid also

The above are the key points on how to proceed with the above matter now that both parties have submitted AQs and Directions have been followed.

Andy

Hi Andy

No, i don't recall receiving a termination notice from them, would they not have had to include a copy of it with the stuff we requested?They should have, also the screen shot you posted still shows the Router Account Number you need to amend this as it can identify you

Also, i take it you are refering to bank charges when you refer to Penalty charges, if so yes part of the outstanding amount consists of bank charges which i can quantify once i've been through the statements with a highlighter! Excellent equate your figures and then we will see which direction to take this matter next

Madi's Mum

Regards

Andy

Hi

Ok now you have collated your penalty charge figure you are in a position to consider your options.

You need to consider filing a c/c because:

1. It gives the Defendant the opportunity to raise arguments in respect of the Claimant's unlawful/illegal conduct.

2. The Defendant claims damages either to offset the debt, or in addition to the debt being wiped out.

3. It is a very strong bargaining tool, so that even if you were never really intent on going to Court, you have every chance of getting rid of the debt and the info registered with the CRA's, so you get what you want in other words!

4. It worries/frightens your opponents, particularly if you're accusing them of a littany of unlawful/illegal conduct. Nobody really wants to Court, and Claimants are no exception.

5. It tells the Claimant you are prepared for a fight, which will worry them, it very much puts them on the backfoot, which gives you the psychological advantage in the case.

Those are just a few reasons why it's a good idea. I am of the opinion that making them squirm is very much worthwhile and, if you're brave enough to go to Court, you may end up a few thousand pounds better off and their money is always better in your pocket than theirs:wink:

if you could clarify some dates it would also be helpful

Date of the Assignment

Date of the Summons

Date of the alleged Default notice/termination

Regards

Andy

Hi

Ok thanks for that if you get chance is it possable to either post up or scan a copy of the claimants AQ.

Was this claim via CCBC ( Northampton) and have you had notification that the case has been transferred to your local County Court?

Regards

Andy

Thanks

Well that is one of the most noncomital AQs i have ever seen.The fact that they have requested SCT on a value of that amount is bizzar to say the least.Given the fact that SCT case are quite contained re disclosure but good from a costs point of view.

I would now suggest that you either download N244 (application notice) or pick one up and submit your counter claim. This will cost you £75.00 pity because you could have done a part 20 Counter Claim when it was still with Northampton via MCOL.

I will re read your thread again tomorrow and then make some suggestions on which way to proceed with this.

Regards and sleep well

Andy;)

Edited by Andyorch

Hi Madis Mum

I have to leave shortly for an appointment and will be out most of the day is it ok if I come back to you later on this,certianly before Monday anyway. Its quiet straight forward to complete. With regards to your opening question no its not in place of your defence, a Counter Claim is what it is you claimimg against them for the penalty charges applied to their claim.

I trust the above makes sence

Regards

Andy

Hi Madis Mum excellent weekend thx

Excellent defence couldnt have done better myself:D I presume its your intention to submit an amended defence and counter-claim? via the N244.

Regards

Andy:)

Edited by Andyorch

Hi almost given up on you;)

Ok you need to submit via the AN an amended defence which you have done and also request by way of the AN a request to submit a Counter Claim do you have the AN to hand?

Andy