£10.00 Charge for backdated bank statements...

rogersmiles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After sitting on the phone for 35mins so I can ask the the Indian chap at the other end of the line for a copy of my bank statements, he then tells me that I must pay a £10.00 fee because they are archived.

Do I HAVE to pay this?

Seems a bit much for someone to press a couple of buttons on a computer......

yes, you do , but a better way to get them within a 40day timescale (otherwise it might take forever) is to send them an SAR this is the letter you need, send it recorded with £10, either cheque or postal order, they then legally have 40 days to reply.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Don't know if anyboy else is having problems or if it's just me, BUT...I sent 2 SAR letters off in July for accounts for me & the wife, sent follow up letters a couple of weeks ago, & am just about to sent the SAR LBA template letter. Looks like Abbey are going for the "bury head in sand" approach.

What is the process re the County Court if they still don't reply?

April 2007: Claim v Abbey settled £680!

July 2007: Claim 2 for £307 WON! after quiet word from the bailiff!!

ok, what you need to do now is email [email protected] and tell her that you have sent an SAR with £10 and that they have cashed it and how many days over the 40 days they are, for all the accounts that you have done this for. She is very good and has been very helpful in the past.

• Haha 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

After sitting on the phone for 35mins so I can ask the the Indian chap at the other end of the line for a copy of my bank statements, he then tells me that I must pay a £10.00 fee because they are archived.

Do I HAVE to pay this?

Seems a bit much for someone to press a couple of buttons on a computer......

Unfortunately roger, it's all about playing the game with these people, however if you do it their way, you WILL ultimately get your money back!

• 3 weeks later...

Roger, just for your info, if you have any difficulties gettign your ststements (as I did) I strongly suggest emailing Sheena Small as per Lulas email above, she couldn't have been more helpful - certainly the best Abbey employee I've ever dealt with - almost made me feel guilty about preparing a 4th claim (5th if you include the wifes) but then I came to my senses, phew! :-D