Imminent eviction :(

NaivePerson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If anyone can offer me some advice I'd be most grateful.

I am a UK born citizen but have been living in the Middle east for almost two years. I am married with two children aged 2 and 1. We own a property which we rent out.

I am in the UK on holiday (the most disastrous holiday ever) and my husband is still in the Middle East due to work commitments.

A few days ago i received an email from our tenants to tell me that they had opened a letter addressed to us, because it had a County Court stamp on the outside. It transpires that our loan company are making a repossession and eviction claim.

We have missed 14 months of payments (yes yes i know i am an idiot for not checking my bank statements) but i genuinely was unaware that the payments had not been paid. I have not got the money sitting in my account so i can't pay the full debt (over £7k)....

I have never received any letter from the loan company or indeed their solicitors OR the courts, (even though they have my address overseas) to advise me that payments were overdue or warning me of any court action. Now i am petrified that we will lose our property! Also to make matters worse i am flying back home in just over a week so if there is any court hearing i won't be able to attend and this might look like i am not interested............ i am gutted and don't know where to turn right now :(

You need to get the letter from your tenants so we know what we are dealing with and get on to the lender to advise them of the situation. Are you able to make any payment immediately?

If you cannot delay your return to the Middle East you will need to engage a solicitor to sort this out for you.

Kind regards

Ell-enn

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you

I can ask the tenants to send the letter to my parents where i am currently staying. but i don't want to panic them. Apparently an outright order has been obtained and its enforcable 1st Sept (this is what i found out when i called the solicitors dealing with it on behalf of the loan company)

I have spoken to the loan company AND the solicitors and they both say that they will not accept any part payment whatsoever i need to pay the full amount. However i could try and get the money together to pay say half of it and then i could increase the monthly amount....... they just don't seem interested

Right well the only way round this is to lodge an N244 form at court asking for the order to be suspended, BUT you will need to actually attend the hearing, so you may have to delay your return to the ME. The first thing you need to to is pay as much as you can as soon as you can.

Ring the tenants and ask them to post the letter by next day delivery so you have it on Tuesday. We will need to work fast if it's an eviction order, but we won't know until you actually see the document. I'm sure I don't need to tell you how serious this is and you need to act with all possible haste.

I can help you with the N244 application if that is needed.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

How long have the tennants had the notice did they recieve any other paperwork you if not you will need to get a statement from them to that effect. as this would hopefully if nothing ekse get you an adjounment at the hearing