• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Streamline.net - the home of appalling web hosting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Svartmetall,

Have you read this thread from the beginning.

If you do, you'll see it's full of folk complaining about their problems with Streamline.

They can't force you to automatically renew, just because you didn't contact them to say you don't want to. There are Regulations in place so companies cannot enforce unfair contract terms.

You need to see their methods for what they are - bullying; intimidating; threatening. And they behave this way because some people pay in response to the threats. You need to look at what they're doing and realise that they cannot take effective action against you.

Listen to what others are saying and start ignoring these chancers. Don't respond to letters, calls or emails. When they see you're not going to be intimidated anymore, they'll move on and concentrate on someone weaker, who doesn't know their rights.

Stop panicking and start reading, so you can understand why you have nothing to fear about this.

Check with your bank that any authority to pay is cancelled immediately, even though your bank card has expired.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Svartmetall,

It seems we are all pretty much agreed.

1. Write to your bank to cancel any Payment Authority for Streamline. The bank may say you cannot do this and Streamline must cancel the payment authority. This is wrong and you must insist that the bank cancels it.

2. The Terms set out in Duration and Automatic Renewal of Services are unfair in the opinion of many here and would be challengeable (UTCCR 1999). I suggest CAB are wrong to advise that "If it's in the T&C's and you signed them, it's enforceable and you must pay."

Take the example of Credit Card penalty charges that every cardholder signed and agreed to. Penalty charges are included in the T&C's but the banks repay them all the time because the penalty charges are not enforceable in law.

3. You could write to the company saying :-

I have taken advice in the matter and will not be paying you anything further. Your automatic renewal conditions are unfair towards me as a consumer and are consequently unenforceable.

If you continue to make demands, the matter will be referred to Trading Standards and to the OFT.

See how they respond.

And take on board that some people or businesses will say anything to get you to keep paying them. They will intimidate and make things look as scary as they can, in the hope that you'll be frightened into paying because you fear the consequences of not paying. The more time you spend reading threads on CAG, the more you'll realise just how often you can stand up to these bullies.

• Haha 1

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I agree with DX.

Stop wasting time on them, and on this whole business.

Send the small letter I suggested in post #38 and then ignore them.

Don't include anything in the letter about old and current T&C's. Each time you correspond with these people, it encourages them to keep trying to wear you down.

Just let us know how they respond.

:wink:

Edited by slick132

Heh. Someone there clearly isn't paying attention.

Clearly !! And now is the time for you to do the same, by ignoring them.

However, did you send off the letter I suggested in post #38..

Have you cancelled the DD mandate or Payment Authority by contacting the bank in writing.

Edited by slick132

Ok and noted

Hi Svart,

I don't think you should argue with them about the T&C's. This will only encourage further correspondence in the matter.

However, you could write pointing out that they should not threaten the actions they suggest while the matter is in dispute. Something like :-

Dear sir or madam,

In response to your email of xx date, I must remind you that this matter is already in serious dispute due to the points I raised with you in previous correspondence.

I will report you to Trading Standards and any Regulatory bodies concerned, if you :-

1. Pass the matter to a Debt Collection Agency (DCA) while it remains in dispute.

2. Register any adverse credit data against me with any Credit Reference Agencies, or cause or allow any such adverse data to be registered by a third party.

Also, if any adverse credit data is registered against me, I will seek compensation from you for actual or consequential damage caused to me or my reputation, using the courts if necessary.

In any event, you are not entitled to any money from me and I will not pay anything further.

Yours faithfully,

See if, and how, they respond.

• 2 months later...

Hi Nick and welcome to CAG

If you want to discuss your case and give us a little more info, feel free to start a new thread.

:-D

Hi SaysayW and welcome to CAG

Please feel free to start your own thread to discuss your problem with Streamline.

Take comfort from the stories here and, if you don't want to pay them any more, take a look at the contract and see if it may be regarded as unreasonable or unfair based on other cases here.

Hi Logi and Claymore,

I think it's best to write one letter to tell Streamline that you are not obligated and will not be paying them. After that, ignore them .

If a DCA contacts you subsequently, send a similar letter but, after that, ignore them. They appear to be total chancers !

Who are CCI Legal?

If you search the web, you'll find they're a DCA in North Wales.

Hi Moghul and welcome to CAG.

It seems that most of the threats made by this company are simply hot air and they're just hoping folk pay up, ignorant that they are able to refuse.

Feel free to start your own thread to discuss your case.

Sounds like a plan !!

Agreed.

Ignore them and, once they realise you're not responding, they'll move on to their next victim.

Court action by them is most unlikely as I don't think they have a legal leg to stand on.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guy and welcome to CAG

You've done the right thing so far by explaining that you won't be paying.

You could have made the letter to CCI a lot shorter but you've made your point clearly enough.

They may be encouraged to pursue this because you responded but, if they contact you further, I suggest you ignore them completely.

If you read the experiences of others with Streamline, you'll see you're not alone but the majority of folk ignore them and the matter ends.

They really are just chancers hoping to scare folk into paying more. Also, I doubt CCI Legal Services Ltd are a separate company and I doubt they take any legal action in these cases.

Edited by slick132
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mr Gilkes and welcome to CAG

Unless CCI come up with anything more substantive than their normal threats, I'd ignore them.

Hi Themod and I'd suggest you do the same - ignore CCI unless they come up with something more persuasive.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alan,

I agree with DX - you made an offer to pay and you've since withdrawn it on the basis of information which suggests you do not have to pay them any more.

Ignore them for now and see what nonsense they come back with.

I'll bet it's NOT a court summons.

Hi Alan,

If you used the Site Template for your CCA request, it should have said the £1 payment is to be used only to pay the CCA request fee and NOT as a payment towards the alleged debt.

This is important in some cases where any payment towards the alleged debt will reset the 6 year Limitation Act clock.

In your case, I think it doesn't matter.

Hi Notyouraverage and welcome to CAG

An alternative approach may be to ignore these parasites from now on.

The more you argue the toss with them, the more they're encouraged to continue arguing with and threatening you.

Their hope is that they'll wear you down and you'll pay out of exasperation, or fear that they have some legal rights over you.

But the experiences of everyone here suggests that they have NO such rights and they avoid taking direct action.

Try ignoring them if you want to take a different approach. When they realise they don't scare you anymore, they'll stop wasting their time chasing you.

Hi Notyouraverage,

I see no point in encouraging CCI by continuing a "reasonable" dialogue with them, regardless of how reasonable they may seem.

They want just one thing - YOUR MONEY.

If you're worried about your credit rating as shown by your CRA files, research further to see how many cases you can find where :-

1. Either adverse CRA data has been logged, or

2. Court action has been taken successfully.

I suspect such cases will amount to zero, or thereabouts.

Ignoring them would be my approach.

If the alleged debt is less than £750, Bankruptcy is not even an option.................

................ which goes to show that their threats and nonsense and should be ignored.

They'll get bored after a while and move on to weaker victims who don't know how, or unable, to stand up for themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Svartmetall,

This is simply a scare tactic aimed at worrying you into paying. There will probably be further threats of court action, bailiffs, default markers, etc which you can also ignore.

Read post #102 above - that is how to deal with them. Or simply ignore them. User themod says despite looking at many cases, none have been found where actual court action has occurred.

Once they see you're not going to be intimidated and bullied, they'll move on to weaker prey.

:-D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David and welcome to CAG

How's the Holy Loch :wink:

I agree that complaints should be made to Trading Standards by everyone who is being chased unfairly for payments.

I assume they continue to behave in this way because some folk ARE bullied into paying, thinking they would get into trouble if they don't. They need to find CAG !

• 2 weeks later...

The police will not be interested and approaching them is a waste of everyones time.

But certainly complain to your own local trading standards office about persistent demands being made for payments that are not contractually due.

Hi Flora and welcome to CAG

I hope you find the posts on this thread useful.

If you haven't already done so, make your own report to Trading Standards.

And then continue to ignore their demands.