Affinian International

ajs444
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So my wife takes out store card with Debenhams, £250 limit.

A company called affinian phones her up advising her about identity fraud, £1.50 a week, protects you against blah,blah,blah, first month free trial will send out pack with credit rating included. We went on holiday days after this call and on return had received no paperwork, so basically forgot all about it.

My wife gets her statement in this morning and low and behold, charge of £69.99 for Debenhams Privacyguard!!!

Phoned Debenhams, nothing to do with us, phone Affinian, operator in Customer services says charge correct, info. pack was sent out, charge stands.

Will check recording of telephone conversation, cannot send transcript to us, will see if it is a mis-sell or not. Will get answer in 10 days but not holding breath, meantime card up to credit limit and no good to man nor beast.

I am told by them that they do not need signature to add this charge, can this be legal????

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

I would write to them, tell them you have changed you rmind and don't want their poroduct and to refund the charge forthwith. Tell them you expect a positive reply within 14 days.

If they don't, then send them a letter before action threatening to take them to court.

• 3 weeks later...

Letter arrives this morning, surprise! surprise! They have checked recording of call and everything was done in accordance with their procedures and charge stands.

I am boiling mad over this, going to ask for transcript of call, and proof that pack was sent/received.

Marketed as PRIVACY GUARD and I also believe Credit Card Sentinel, BEWARE!!!!

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down