Debt following death.

nuthatch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was rather late posting my letters off as I seemed to lose the will to do anything. But they went yesterday afternoon by Recorded Delivery.

I was really angry to get a letter from my husband's Private Pension people to say that they had a Decree Absolute dated 1994 saying my husband and I were divorced.

As I didn't meet him until 1997 and we were not married until 2000 this was ridiculous. I was so mad I actually managed to phone the person who wrote the letter and blast him out.

Anyway, that did kickstart me into getting the letters finally posted.

How do these big companies get away with being so unfeeling? I bet they spend hours putting together carefully worded plocies and protocols to tell their employees how to deal with grieving relatives. Shame they don't put them into practice.

Well Done for posting the cca requests and well done for having a go at that person on the phone. I bet u felt better after it.

We all here for u if and when u need us so please dont be affraid to ask for help. I was at first but then i came out of the shadows and actually done something about it.

I fully agree that these companys need to have a decent polocy and need to fully us it.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u can take the po to the postoffice abd with the recipt as for ur money back. u will recieve the £1 back.

JC nice letter.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I have never had to deal with this so i am not going to pretend to understand but i have had to deal with unhelp unsympathic DCAs.

The day we were burying my grandad a dca called and demanded i answer there security questions and speak to them. What i said to them i cant remember but from what i have been told i was not very nicde and told them to shove the unimportant finicial issue up the backside as i have a more important issue to deal with that being my grandads funeral.

Needless to say i think the guy understood and never hear from them again. It may have been something i said.

I am how ever good at bargins. Do u have a wilkinsons near u? if so i would pop in there as the have the A4 multi coloured envelope wallets on bogoff trust me u i find them the best to use.

Also i would stock up on, whilest it is on offer, packs of plain paper u can use for ur printer. Its good to get all this stuff now as it is back to school season.

Please just remember if u want someone to chat to we are here.

TGM

• Haha 1

You have to laugh at how these company deal with the greaving familys.

nuthatch.

Next time someone speaks to u like that just thank them and bid them a nice day then hang up.

U are well within your rights to tell them were to go and to refuse to deal with them.

Not really it is helpful to know u are the beneficary. You could always put it down to u not knowing any better.

and with no money i the estate then there is not much they can do anyway.

u could always send them this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1665051.html

Some of it is not applicable but most of it is.

this is the relivant part

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

Edited by The GodMother
adding stuff.

well that would be different.

no need to let RW no of there obligations they should know them. good on u for buying the folders. If u want to have a go at the dcas then u go for it.

here here JC

along with all the other letter that will be comming in says we have cancelled this debt.

• 2 weeks later...

well at least they are keeping u updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Nuthatch your not really on your own you have a lot of friends that dont care about the lots of questions even if you feel they are stupid. Trust me a year ago i think i was asking he same stupid questions as u.

Yes it might be easier for you to have seperat threads for each debt then we can help u a lot better as info wont get mixed up.

GM

• 2 weeks later...

see ur getting good at this already. Did not need our help in what u need to do.

Give your self a pat on the back for that.

Hi NH

You concentrate on getting your mum and yourself better.

you will find the strength over time to deal with all this and as a result you will get there failing that you can always as for help from the likes of the CAB.

if there not fit for the above the a boozeup in a brewery would be impossible for them to organise.

lol Chancellor.

Do they come on frosties as i dont like cornflakes?

• 2 weeks later...

well it all seems good. just need to sit and wait now to see what they say.

Yes i know its not fun but trust me u will get use to it and will find plenty of things to do with your time.

well lets just hope they are nice and agree to put it to zero balance.

Wonderful bunch from what i remember

nice one Nuthatch.

nuthatch if it was that important then they would have wrote to u about it. if they do phone u then i would advise u tell them u are to distressed to deal with them and ask them to write to u then hang up.

Sorry i ment they would have written to you about the problem saying exactly what the problem is and how they intend on help u with it. Just send them a bugger off letter.

I would make very clear to them that the left over money needs to be split between ALL creditors. DO Not let on that some creditors have told u the account is now closed or they dont want your money.

same ere NH. Iam far to trusting with some ppl.

Althought they say we learn from our mistakes so it should help u to learn from these ones.