• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

jellybabe vs Cahoot Flexi Loan

jellybabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Undercover-Elsa,

Sorry for late reply, i don't seem to receive emails no more when someone replies to my threads??

I will have a look at your time orders link today....i haven't heard anything from them yet, but no doubt it'll soon happen. I try not to worry about my Credit file too much, it's trashed now anyway since my hubby had lost his job last year. It only took him 4 month to find a new one (on a much lower income),but from then on everything went haywire.

Thanks very much for all the information,

jellybabe x

• 4 weeks later...

...a little update on this....

i have since my last post received several chase and threat letters from Santander's Debt collectors after not reacting to their faulty DN.

Contacted them 3 times, well, 2 letters to the Collectors (which have been ignored) and the last letter i directed straight to Santander, which have now replied saying that i need to ring them to talk about this. I did send a letter asking for lower payments and included a Budget Sheet.

I will not ring them , instead, i think, i will have to remind them again that i will only communicate with them in writing?!

One funny thing though...Have also received another letter now from Collectors, saying that my account will be passed back to Santander within 3 weeks. And Santander is in the process of preparing a DN to me??? Have i missed something??? Thought they had sent me one already as showing above....faulty one, but still marked as a DN?

Was this just a decoy to scare me and make me think it's a real one so i do quickly pay?? (If i would have had the money, i probably would have fallen for it!)

Is this Legal???

Any thought anyone??

Thanks,

xx

Hi Jellybabe,

As things stand, they can issue another default notice (but there's no guarantee they'll get this right either). Did you say anything to them about the original DN?

It's best to keep quiet if you have a bad one - it's only of use after they issue a claim, as part of a defence.

Just hang fire and see what Santander come up with

Elsa x

Hi Elsa,

Thanks for your reply.

Nope, haven't mentioned the faulty DN at all. Thought it'd be better not to mention it, just in case.

Just made me wonder that the Collectors sent me a letter saying that my account will be sent back to santander so they can issue me a DN, as the first one is marked as one.....but i gather that was just a threat making it look like a DN to scare me.

I will just keep on paying the amount i offered in my last letter, and see what happens?

Should i not contact them to say that i will only communicate in writing?

Thanks,

Jellybabe x

Hi JB,

The first one is definitely a Default Notice.

You could if you wish write back and tell them that you can only discuss this in writing as you require a written record of negotiations, reiterate that you have made them a genuine offer of the maximum you can afford and look forward to receiving their acceptance of this in writing.

If you keep paying the figure offered - gives you the moral high ground.

Alternatively if you're feeling brave, you could cease payment and ignore them until they default it again and terminate the account, which usually freezes the amount owed and stops interest. THEN make your offer of payment.

This route is faster, but you'd have to put up with the hassling letters and be ready to jump in with a payment offer at the right time. Your choice.

I notice you sent a CCA request ages ago. Did you get a response to this?

Elsa x

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

• 3 months later...

Sorry, not been on here for a while due to health problems.

I have approx. 2 weeks ago received another one of those weird DN's and today i have received a letter confirming termination of the said account. And all this on a faulty DN?

The thing is, i know they can do that, but i have paid the maximum amount i can, which i had offered them from the beginning. And i paid it on time, as soon as i got paid each month. On the monthly statements it looked to me as if they froze the interest aswell, which i took as their acceptance of my request.

Now they tell me that one of the following will be done without further notice:

1.outstanding balance will be passed or sold to a debt collection agency for recovery of the outstanding balance.

2.Default information will be passed to the CRA's (which is obvious, i expected that).

The letter only states the Arrears on the account.

Could someone please advise on what my next step should be now? Should i hold back until i get letters from DCA now or should i contact Cahoot (now Santander) regarding this, and that i thought we had an agreement?

Please please, if anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated. :(

Thanks,

jellybabe

• 1 month later...

I have now sent Complaint emails to Santanderlink3.gif for mine and my Husbands account regarding the Loans. We have Moorcroft threatening us with legal action aswell now if we don't pay until the 9th Jan. Only received the letter today.

Both accounts haven't received any proper DN, and for one account we have received notice of closure.

I just hope these emails will get us somewhere. We had tried to arrange lower payments and made them every months since then, to no avail. We still pay approx. 75% of the minimum payments, which i thought was reasonable...even though we could do with lower ones, but we make do.

I have also stated in the emails that we now consider those accounts to be in Dispute....i just hope they accept that, it'll buy us some time maybe.

shaneo.....I did email the same adress you stated, and i missed a call from someone at Santander. Even though i did state in my email that i would like the reply to be by email or letter only. Should i ring back? or should i send another message reinstating that i want things be done in writing?

Undercover-Elsa....i haven't sent a new CCA request off yet. But maybe i should send one to Moorcroft anyway?

Yes, definitely send one. Now that it's defaulted/terminated have they stopped adding interest?

If they don't comply with the CCA I would stop payment until/unless they do comply, but put the money to one side each month with a view to an F&F at some stage. Certainly 75% of usual monthly amount is a high payment on a defaulted account and if you're struggling with this they need a wakeup call (CCA) after which they'll be far more likely to either offer a discount or accept much lower payments within your budget.

kind regards,

Elsa x

I would just simply say:

I can see from my phone call log that you have contacted me, my name is 'jellybabe' and I calling regarding my Cahoot Flexi loan account number 666666. Could you please put me through to who called, thank you.

Something like that.

What they told me was that they where looking into my complaint and will reply with an answer with in 10-14 working days.

At the end of the day Jellybabe, they are as much human as you are and to be honest very friendly and approachable in that department.

Remember to ask for an email to back up the phone conversation you have just had with them.

Good Luck. Call them today friday 13th, break the bad spell of the day :)

If there is one thing I have learnt with santander is that they never really send you a reply via email as quick as they could over the phone. Talking is better than email. Call them now let me know how you got on.

Thanks, i just rang and the gentlemen seems to have gone home already..Just my blooming luck :)

Never mind, i left a message explaining who i am and what account it is about....i didn't leave my phone nr again (maybe i should have, but totally forgot at that moment), but saying that, he should have it anyway.

Don't think he'll ring back until Mon now anyway.

Thanks

Thanks for your help so far shaneo and Undercover Elsa..it is much appreciated.

I do hope it turns out good for us, even if it only means we can reduce our payments a bit...that would help a great deal.

And Congrats shaneo on your success. How long did it take until you had your refund?