• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Too Late?

sirpip
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Firstly is it possable you could post up the following details of your case in order to advise further

Claiments P.O.C (partiulars of Claim)

Can I recommend not admitting any liability for the debt, partial or otherwise. If the credit agreement has not been provided by Sainsburys as the result of a CCA request, then you have no way of ascertaining if the contract is legally valid under the CCA 1974. In the absence of this information, you are unwisely, in my opinion, admitting liability for a debt, that hasn't been proven to exist or one that conforms to the requirements of the CCA 1974.

You might be thinking that of course a debt exists! However, for the purposes of the law, the existence of the debt is determined by a credit agreement being furnished by your creditors and one that is deemed to be properly executed, which means its layout and content conforms to what the CCA 1974 prescribes.

Also you need to change he heading on your CPR request to Request for CIVIL PROCEDURES REQUEST FOR INFORMATION CPR 18

I trust the above is helpful.

Regards

Andy:)

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sir Pip

Dont know about the scales must be sabortarge:D

Ok yes use bartys but change the heading

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch
typo

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi

Just a word on the AoS

I presume you will do this online MCOL you have 33 days in total.Date of the summons +5 is deemed service date you then have 14 days to AoS and another 14 to enter your defence if required,Dont be too quick to complete said AoS you will found out reading various threads that Litigation involves mindgames and so the longer you leave it (im not implying the last day) the more you are keeping your opponents ( Claimants) in the dark.Serves no purpose in rushing these matters as you will found out in time.

Dont forget to print off your Acknowledgement after input this is retained as proof of input ie date and timestamped.

Regards

Andy;)

Edited by Andyorch
typo

Hi

CCM & Andy O - Just so as I'm clear: I hold off on the online AOS for 7-10 days, but send the CPR straight away? And, as the CPR letter is incorporating a request for CA, I should enclose a postal order for £1 ?

NO once legal proceedings have commenced you are not required to pay re CPR proceedures

Regards

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Better than usual response to CPR 18 request dont concern yourself with not recieving the rest of the information on time just proceed to defence

Regards

Andy;)

Hi Sirpip

If you are struggling to draft a defence I recently did one for a personal loan in this thread you could adapt it to suit your circumstances and then post up and will have a look and tweak if ness. Urgent help required

Regards

Andy;)

Regarding the P.O.C, it does not mean you have to admit the debt by challenging them.Defences are drafted to refute the Claimants P.O.C nothing more nothing less not to argue or present your autobiography simply to refute and halt/question their claim. I will try to illustrate by advising what I write when drafting defences. First, I always write(or words to the effect of),

"The Defendant denies that he is liable as alleged in the particulars of claim, or at all." Once you have made that statement, of course you are saying no monies are owed. Beyond that, when you raise issues in respect of charges or anything else, phrases that are used include, "If that which is denied," or "In respect of the alleged agreement, to which penalty charges have been levied." You get the picture! There are many ways of raising points without admitting a damn thing! It's quite amusing the way things are worded when you think about it, you can accuse the creditor of all sorts without admitting liability! That's the funny quirk that law has!

Can I recommend not admitting any liability for the debt, partial or otherwise. If the credit agreement has not been provided by Sainsburys as the result of a CPR 18/CCA request , then you have no way of ascertaining if the contract is legally valid under the CCA 1974. In the absence of this information, you are unwisely, in my opinion, admitting liability for a debt, that hasn't been proven to exist or one that conforms to the requirements of the CCA 1974.

You might be thinking that of course a debt exists! However, for the purposes of the law, the existence of the debt is determined by a credit agreement being furnished by your creditors and one that is deemed to be properly executed, which means its layout and content conforms to what the CCA 1974 prescribes.

With regards to the full interest being applied well it is not unsual for the claimant to include the full amount up front depends on the terms of the agreement some do some dont and apply it monthly

They have applied the full amount from the drawdown after breach to the default. Any rebate would have been reflected in your Formal Demand. Giving you the option of early settlement or rectify the breach. Companies feel they have the right to include the full term of interest encompassed by the agreement when litigation is commenced Whether it is questionable/arguable You must refer to the terms and conditions of your agreement,unfortunatly you dont have.If you have any further concerns or dont understand why we draft defences in this matter please post and also post up your intended defence before submission to enable Cag to verify its content.

Itrust the above clarifies your concerns

Regards

Andy;)

Thanks again Andy :)

Can anyone address point 2.? Re. the claim being 'vexatious and amounting to unlawful harassment'?

Don't mean to sound too tentative, but if I make this claim, not sure I can back it up :|

Hi Sirpip

The term comes from any attempt by the applicant to be totally unamicable/Unreasonable in bringing the claim.If it dosent apply to your case then simply edit to suit.It is however a powerful word to use in any Defence that the claimant was Vexatious in bringing their claim.

Vexatious litigation is legal action which is brought, regardless of its merits, solely to annoy or subdue an adversary. It may take the form of a primary frivolous lawsuit or may be the repetitive, burdensome, and unwarranted filing of meritless motions in a matter which is otherwise a meritorious cause of action. Filing vexatious litigation is considered an abuse of the judicial process and may bring down sanctions on the offender.

A single action, even a frivolous one, is not enough to raise a litigant to the level of being declared vexatious.

Repeated and severe instances by a single lawyer or firm can result in eventual disbarment.

Some jurisdictions have a list of vexatious litigants: people who have repeatedly abused the legal system. Because lawyers could be disbarred for participating in the abuse, vexatious litigants are often unable to retain legal counsel, and therefore represent themselves in court. Those on the list are usually either forbidden from any further legal action or required to obtain prior permission from a senior judge before taking any legal action. The process by which a person is added to the list varies among jurisdictions

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

Hio Sirpip

Yes thats fine as i have stated does not have to be long and complicated just refute the claimants POC. Are you submitting this on line vis a vis MCOL?

Regards

Andy;)

Ok Sirpip

Thats fine defence looks good couldnt have done better myself:D

just copy and paste into MCOL and dont forget to print your time reciept off.

Just post if you require anything further

Regards

Andy;)

Anyone there? I guess Andy's there... he's always there :wink:

Please see excerpt from my defence:

Regarding that which is denied, I respectfully request that the Court give consideration to striking out the Claimant’s case pursuant to part 3.4 (2) (of what ?!?) CPR The court may strike out a statement of case if it appears to the court – a) b) c) etc

Thanks

Regards

Andy:wink:

• 1 month later...

Nothing unless you recieve an AQ

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

Allocation Questionaire this will only be forwarded if the Claimant wishes to proceed and will then transfer the case to your local CC.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sirpip

And very well done time to crack open that special botte then.Ok Costs try this:-

Dear Sirs

in respect of XXXXXXXX -v- XXXXXXXX

I note that you have discontinued this claim , therefore, pursuant to CPR 38.6(1) i respectfully ask that you consider payment of my costs which i feel are reasonable

1) Time spent researching the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Regulations - XX hours

1.1) time spent researching and reading case law- X hours

1.2) time spent drafting defence and amended defence and allocation questionnaire -X hours

total 25 hours at the litigant in person rate of £9.25 per hour

these time scales are a conservative approximation, i feel that i have spent much more time than this however i am trying to remain reasonable

Other costs,

Printing, stationary and postage £10

Letter writing between the myself and Sainsburys and yourselves 1.5 hours £13.80

Total=£255.05

I respectfully ask that this sum be paid within 21 days,

I trust the above will suffice

Regards

Andy

Hi mel and welcome to Cag legal

If you would like to start your own thread then it wont get mixed up with SirPips and you will get assistance with your problem.

Regards

Andy;)

To the Court SirPip and guard the Notice of Discontinuence with your life.BTW would be extremely difficuilt to resurrect without the Courts permission

Regards

Andy

Costs claim letter ready to go :)

Can anyone just advise on the following?

1. Letter goes to 'The Court Manager' who then forwards to claimant? YES after the Court as awarded and ordered

2. Do I sign letter? Coz I guess Claimant sees it.Print name or Digital Sig

3. Why might court allow claim to be resurrected? They may try but guard your Notice of Discontinuence

4. And lastly, not important, just interested to know: Is the litigant in person rate (£9.25ph) set out somewhere, like in the CPR? Thanks CB

I'll keep you y'all posted

Regards

Andy

• 1 month later...

Chase the Court up SirPip

Regards

Andy

• 3 months later...

Sir Pip

I am right in thinking that your claim never left Northampton as you didnt get to the AQ stage for it to be transfered to your Local CC.Therefore you may have to submit your costs claim via your own summons through Northampton MCOL as the Claimant.

Regards

Andy