• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NatWest taking me to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Westy

Have a look at this thread towards the end N150 AQ

Above 5k yes Fast track

paperclip.gif NatWest Keep racking up the interest - PART II

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Westy yes thas fine just one point:-

E) Trail: How long: 15 MINUTES. this is what I put on the N244, is it ok to put the same on here??

Allow for 3/4 hours this is the trial length not an AN hearing.Court will advse if incorrect

Regards

Andy:)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Cheers Andy, Just one thing more, can I send an unsigned copy to NatWest as I (along with others on this forum) am a bit unhappy about sending them a copy with my real signature on it?
Absolutly Westie

I wish you well with you case

Regards

Andy;)

Hi Westie1

I'm not absolutely certain on this, but I don't think you are actually obliged to send NastyWest a copy of your AQ. I think it is done more out of courtesy than anything else.

Certainly in my case I did not not send HFC a copy of my AQ, conversely I did not receive a copy of theirs.

Cheers

Rob

Rob file and serve!

The Court expects each party to file their AQ at Court, and each party is required to serve a copy on their opponents. The exchange of documents between parties, is expected from the beginning of the case. So that would include AQ's, disclosure statements and pre-trial checklists as an example. AQ's are not confidential and if you don't send your opponent a copy, chances are they will file an Application Notice looking for your case to be struck out. The offending party would then receive a further Order giving them a last chance to serve the AQ by a specified date. If it's not done, the non-compliant party would lose the case.

If they haven't complied with Court Directions, that tells you they are highly unlikely to even turn up to argue their case! You have complied, so even if they did turn up, you can point out to the Judge all the things they have neglected to do! You might resent having to send things off their sols and file stuff at Court, when they're doing nothing, but if you're doing things right, nobody can fault you on your efforts can they?

I would insist on seeing a copy of my opponents AQ

Regards

Andy:cool:

• Haha 1

Hi Rob

No problem thats what this site is all about exchange of ideas and so fourth.The only reason i say to exchange is that on previous cases involved with if said AQ had not been exchanged I would have missed some very important points like witness statements etc which you are fully entitled to see and upon no seeing them would have lost the case.

The Claimants had a responsibility to serve on you a copy of their application and any supporting documents. Given that they have not had the courtesy to do this, because they are trying to gain an unfair advantage in the case, you are entitled to a copy from the Court. Any documents filed at the Court should also be served on the other parties in the case. The Court staff clearly do not understand the concept of "filing and serving" and are acting in a way that is prejudicial to your case. Given that the Claimants have made an application, you are entitled to see it, so that you can decide if you want to submit one also, then the Judge can consider both applications and make an "informed" decision.

If they continue to refuse you a copy, all they are doing is creating additional work for themselves and the Judge! Lets assume the Judge decides they can have a Summary Hearing. This will be communicated to you via an Order sent in the post. The Order gives either party (usually) 7 days to apply to vary/object to the Order. So you would then file your app notice, explaining in your letter that you were denied the opportunity to also file an app notice at more or less the same time as the Claimants, as they conveniently did not send you a copy. Furthermore, the situation was compounded by unhelpful Court staff, who on two occasions refused to provide you with a copy of said application! How on earth can either the behaviour of the Claimant or Court staff be said to be working in conjunction with the Overriding Objective as the CPR requires? Both the Claimant and Court staff are frustrating the legal process, one deliberately, one probably out of ignorance, but nevertheless this impacts upon your case!

You can report this to the Civil Section Court Manager,If he/she acts unreasonably, take the details to make a formal complaint, as this is unacceptable. The bottom line is, it's not your fault that the Claimants did not serve the app notice on you and the 1st you knew about it was in the AQ!! You should not be at a disadvantage because of the Claimants dubious practices! hence the need file & serve.

Hope that makes sence.

Regards

Andy