A possible test case for PPI?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought that would get your attention!

Well I was just thinking about this and I was wondering what the forum members thoughts were on this scenario.

Will the OFT and the lenders do a similar thing as with the Bank charges case or will it be dealt with without the courts?

Personally, I'd doubt it: Where the bank charges test case was easy because it was the same for everyone, ie you go over the limit, you get charged, regardless of the circumstances behind it, PPI mis-selling varies too much, people being told that without it, they can't get the finance, people being sold a product that can't cover them (but for different reason), aggressive sales tactics, boxes being ticked after client has signed, client not being told and PPI just loaded on, etc, etc... the variations are too many, IMO, to have a test case that could encompass all the mis-selling issues.

Unfortunately no - it looks like it's going to be up to the individual to fight against the banks on their own on the inidividual points of each case. That places a hell of an onus on the consumer to try and become a legal expert, and take a confident approach when taking on the banks. Not easy when each case is so different.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress