wrong info on ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have recently been issued with a fixed penalty ticket and they wrote the wrong registration on it . could someone please advise as to whether i can challenge because technically it doesn't refer to my car

thanks

The first and immediate question is what sort of ticket is this in actual fact?

1. Is it a Police issued Fixed Penalty Notice?
  2. Is it a council issued Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
  3. Is it a privately issued 'ticket'.

Until we know that (the best way is to scan, wash and post the ticket here), we are unable to provide nay meaningful answers.

Until we have answered, do not contact the issuer in any way.

its a police fpn for not wearing a seat belt . senior officer wrote the wrong registration down and his colleague who was driving was sending text messages on his phone with the engine running.

its a police fpn for not wearing a seat belt . senior officer wrote the wrong registration down and his colleague who was driving was sending text messages on his phone with the engine running.

if its a police ticket they will have taken your name and address so i think the ticket would stand.did they ask you for your driveing licence?

The fact that the details are wrong on the FPN are irrelevant. It is merely an invitation to admit guilt and pay the fine withouit having to go through the whole Court process.

f they have your accurate details - and the VRM is not essential to them making a case - then the fact that the FPN is wrong doesn't matter.

If, however, you elect for trial and the details on the summons are wrong, then you may have a chance. I say 'may' because if there is only 1 digit or so wrong or misplaced, then this can be rectified in Court under the slip rule.