Nationwide Flex Problems......

WEGAEVCA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am hoping that someone may be able to give me advice....... (Sorry about the long question!!)

I put a claim in to NW for £3,800 in May 07, like everyone else it was stayed, which was not good for me as I was hoping this would be sorted out before I emergrated in Aug 07.

Now not being in the country has caused problems, as i hadn't change my address for Nationwide, so they had been sending letters to my old address that I wasn't getting (although I had given the people who brought my house a UK correspondance address).

NW finally tracked me down to the correspondance address (a family member) from my letters I had sent requesting the charges back and said that after a number of letters they will give me a deafult notice unless I pay the amount I am over my agreed overdraft by a certain date. As soon as I got this letter (I have my UK post sent on to me), I phoned NW and made the payment and said I would make sure I transfer money to that account on a regular basis, not much, but it shows I am tring to reduce the overdraft.

I don't know if they have closed the account, but I can no longer access via internet banking.

I have today received a statement from NW dated the 7th May (no correspondance since Jan 08 which lists a load of interest charges and Unauth Overdraft Fee backdated from Jan 08. At first I thought this was wrong because I was well within my agreed limit until I saw on the statement that they have halfed what was my overdraft.....

So in about 10 days they will be taking £251,44 out of my account.... Making me more overdrawn and getting more charges next month.

Now my question is I don't want to get a default notice as this will go to my family members address, but at the same time don't want to give them my address outside the UK, as that might give them a reason for not paying up, because I am out if the country.

I can't afford at this moment to pay £1100 to bring it back within my agreed overdraft limit? So do I ring them and ask them to agree an payment each month and ask them to set up a decreasing overdraft?

And what about if I was successful in reclaiming the charges, does that money just get paid in to the Flex account? And how would i know that has happen and how after the overdraft is paid do I get the rest as I expect my account is closed??

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks and again sorry for the very long question

Hi WEGAEVCA!

O/D's are repayable On Demand...They should NOT be viewed as being long term, nor whatever limit U currently have, as being set in concrete.

By leaving the country + NOT replying to Nationwide's letters about the state of your Flexaccount, what action did U expect them to take??

Why didn't U inform Nationwide of your NEW address where U could be contacted??

Why did U rely on the goodwill of the peeps, who bought your last known address to Nationwide, to forward your personal mail onto U??

Why didn't U set up a Mail Re-direction thingy with the Royal Mail before U left??

Before U even started the Reclaiming process from Nationwide, WHY didn't U set up a 'parachute' current account elsewhere, as is generally advised on the CAG Forums??

My advice to U is for U to immediately set up another current account elsewhere + have ALL your Credits + Debits paid into/out of your NEW current account.

This will stop a lot of grief for U, by Nationwide NOT having 1st say on any Credits going into your Flexaccount.

Once U have concentrated having done this...

Go back + read EVERY Thread in the Nationwide Forum for the past year or so.

ALL your questions will have been previously answered before.

A very brief summary is:

Yes, U better believe your Flexaccount is STILL open.

Yes, U better believe your Flexaccount will STILL be Debited unlawful Penalty Charges + Associated Interest.

However...

Once U successfully Reclaim your monies, it WILL be repaid back into your Flexaccount.

If U make having any imposed DEFAULT NOTICE removed part of your Claim, it WILL be removed.

If U want to know the balance of your Flexaccount, visit ANY Nationwide Branch with your Flexaccount details + evidence of ID.

...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, as to not getting into your online account,its probably because they have put an inhibitor on your account. This happened to me. I was reclaiming charges and also had an overdraft.You can only get this removed by contacting lending control (08456005707). But i warn you, even after many calls, and a week after contacting them, they still hadnt removed it, and had also put a withdrawal block on my account, so i could not take out, the refunded charges.I had to go to my local branch, and get them to sort it, after threatening to leave the claim in the courts.They put your charges straight into your account and take it for the overdraft. The only way i knew was to call head office, as there was a no trace on my account, because of the inhibitor on it.Even my local branch couldnt tell me.Your account will be open, but with inhibitor on it.Hope this helps.