help neded

lynne2john
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just wondering if somene can help, i am in the process claiming my bank charges back but i have got myself a bit confused! I have wrote to abbey requesting my charges back from what i have read i am probably going to get the usual reply that the charges are right etc and that they will need 4 weeks to investigate, do i wait 4 weeks or do i send them the 2nd letter from the template library straight away, also i know i give them 14 days to reply to this am i right? then i file the N1 form am i right or am i more confused than i thought! any help appreciated cheers

Hi thanks for that it is a big help, will get 2 letter sent off now then wil have to wait and see hoping won't have to go to court to settle but i amdetermined to get my money back, thanks again lynne

Hi

i sent the prelim letter to abbey requesting my charges back and now i am preparing to send the letter before action, as they haven't even had the decency to reply, the question is l sent the first letter to the triton square address is this correct or have i sent it to the wrong address, i want to make sure before i send the 2 letter can someone please confirm this

thanks lynne

Hi

well sent 2 letter off to abbey, they haven't even replied to the first one is this normal i know they received it as i sent it recorded and have checked on royal mail site and it says it was delivered, just wondering why i never received a letter as i thought i might of got the usual standard rubbish they send lynne

Hi

just received a reply from abbey to the first letter i sent, i'm not sure what to make of it or what to do next, i have sent off the 2 letter as their time limit was up, but i received a letter today saying (i'll keep it brief as its 2 pages long) they received my letter and usualy it would be dealt with through their complaints office but until the legal issues are sorted involving the courts the normal timetable for dealing with bank charges has been suspended and that if i were to go to court they will immediately order a stay on any action and it could be months before being sorted out, they also included a factsheet from the FOS about unautherised overdraft charges. How is this going to affect my claim as the money they are taking is benefit money and the more charges they take the more debt i am getting into i did tell them it was benefit money but it has made no difference but i will never get straight as i'm constantly paying charges i am claiming for £800 which compared to some is relatively small, i am still going to proceed with the courts but it would be nice if there was another way to getting my money back sooner sorry this so long but i don't know what to do for the best

cheers lynne

How is this going to affect my claim

It doesn't, their letter doesn't change a thing.

i am still going to proceed with the courts but it would be nice if there was another way to getting my money back sooner
Unfortunately, whilst the FSA's waiver stays in place, their is little you can do to speed things up.

Hi

thanks for all your help, i have been told to e-mail inga kirkman to see if we could sort out an agreement of payment due to it being benefit money i'm not sure how correct this advice is but if it helps i suppose there is no harm in trying although i am still going to carry on with my claim unless by some miracle this inga kirkman pays up which i can't see!! Has anyone else tried this and if so have they had any luck cheers lynne