style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"You have new private messages's"

Plural possessive? Do Dave and BF no that they're sight contanes pore grammer?

Do you really think I wouldn't have mentioned it as soon as I became aware of it? :rolleyes:

Do you really think I wouldn't have mentioned it as soon as I became aware of it? :rolleyes:
I'm sure you would - but who would want to send you private messages's?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

...but who would want to send you private messages's?
Pick ME...Pick ME...Pick ME...:p

If BW was to PM me ALL her potential Posts 1st, before she does them, I could eradicate all her embarrassing spelling + grammar mistakes for her...;)

...:D

Can someone please explain the listings of current active users?

On the home page for active users it says:

946 (111 registered users and 835 guests)

..... are their really currently 835 "guests"..... and if so who on Earth are they all ?

Or is the guests a cumulative total over all time, or some other such calculation ?

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

At the moment it breaks down to 388 spiders and 421 guests, so even when you take the spiders out of the equation there's still quite a number of guests.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I really must be the most irritating pedant on the planet...the pink flashy thing no longer flashes (a good thing) but the message still reads "You have new private messages" - plural? For a single message?

I'll get my coat, and close the door on the way out...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well, yes, you are... :-D (here comes that perch again!) But regardless, I think you are asking far too much of the software to identify the difference between Mr Billy-no-mates (you) who only ever gets one message at any one time and the rest of us who usually get more. :razz:

Ideally, it should say: "You have new private message(s)", although no doubt you would then complain about not having an "a" (which should also be in brackets to indicate its validity only in the case of a singular message?). :rolleyes:

At some point, honey, it's not pedantry any more, it's just being a grumpy old man. :-D

• Haha 1