OFT Judgment and credit cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today received a letter from a credit card company I have taken to LBA stage but put on the back burner for a while and have not exchanged any correspondence with them since September last year so this was out of the blue.

In amongst the normal we are right rubbish they always write is this little gem...

This company recognises that customers sometimes exceed their credit limit and/or fail to make a payment and has systems and procedures in place to deal with this.

I believe this is a direct result of the OFT test case judgment and this company will now be claiming there is no breach of contract and therefore no penalty charge... the least this will do is muddy the waters.

I will of course be responding in my normal way :grin: and maybe its time this claim came off the back burner to make them prove their outright lie that they have

successfully argued the fairness of this policy and of the £12 charge in court with the result that the claims have been dismissed, and the courts have implicitly held that the policy is fair and the charges reasonable

I think the County Courts would like to see evidence of this too.

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

pete

Pete

I understood that the OFT statement on CCs basically said that late payment charges were penalties. I don't know of any case where a CC company has argued in court about the £12 charge and certainly the OFT never said a £12 charge was acceptable - the only said that they would take no action for the time being. The OFT statement explicitly says that the fairness question must be settled by a court.

They are bluffing (or worse). My response would be the same as yours :)

Its nice to know we all agree :D with some of these letters they send out I sometimes wonder if its me thats missing something :rolleyes:.

pete

Nah it's they buggers that's missing something.

dpick:)