Social security act

nmitchell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi in the past two months Natwest has taken a total of £265 from my account in charges! This all started because I was £2 under for a Direct debit, so then they charged me £38 for it bouncing, then charged me $30 for being over my over draft limit (which the charges took me over) then immediatley tried to take the DD again, again charging me £38 and so on and so on! The cheek of them , when I told them they MUST give me my income support - they did - £55 of it and then charged me £40 for allowing me to get it out!

All of this money has come out of my benefit, and as a single mum I was left with £150 for a month to pay rent, electricity and food for myself and my son! I ended up having to turn off the heating and sitting in the cold while it was snowing with my son under a duvet! I explained this to Natwest and they said no can do!

I have since approached a solicitor about the social security act 1993, who is now acting on my behalf! I have also set up another account to have my monies paid into!

So far I have had a letter back from natwest saying they think these charges are fair and reasonable and enclosed a leaflet detailing their charges. And yes I did tell I was in hardship!

My question is - has anyone actually managed to get anything out of banks for them disregarding the social security act?!!

I have only asked the bank to refund the charges taking me back to the overdraft limit - so then I can begin to pay it back. I think that i very fair! I am not asking them to refund the money they took from me - though really I should!

I did speak to soemone at natwest lending who said they could arrange a repayment plan on the amount of £1000 (I now owe £865) - the rest of the money is made up of a buffer amount to include any further possible charges!

To me that is a rip off - if they want to work a out a repayment plan surely it should be on the amount i owe not a higher amount!!!!!

Anyway I only want to repay the overdraft i currently have of £750!

Any thought people?

It is my understanding that as yet there has not been a case to set a precedent re banks taking charges from benenifits, although some judges are sympathetic. It is not advisable to to take this course if you are trying to reclaim your charges

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales