• Tweets

• Daft question - but you filed the defence on-line on MCOL as dx indicated, right?
    • We looked up the e-mail address so communications would be in writing.  If you do stuff on the phone the other party can just deny the contents of the conversation.  They can't deny what's written in an e-mail. So time to sort Pete out.  Check the following for accuracy and change anything I've got wrong.  Then e-mail Pete this evening.  I was thinking of threatening the pub with legal action but let's initially be nice.   Dear Pete, Re: PCN no.XXXXX, claim form no.XXXXX on 23 July 2022 I was a customer at your pub and I attach proof of purchase. I was picking up my cousin Ms XXXXX and her family as she was working as a cook with you at the time.  I entered the pub through the back door, went to the bar, and ordered a drink and a meal.  At no point did any bar staff alert me that I needed to add my registration number or did I see any signs advising me to do so.  I then took a seat outside in a small seated area so I could chat to my cousin while waiting for her to finish work.  We were joined by the management of the pub and bar staff during my time waiting  I was shocked a few days later when I received a demand for £100 from Civil Enforcement Ltd.  i contacted the pub and was told "don't worry, it's not enforceable". Well, that information turned out to be nonsense because I have now received a county court claim form from CEL. I contacted the pub again on XXXXX and was extremely disappointed to be told "there's nothing we can do". Of course there is something you can do.  You are the organ grinder.  You called CEL in.  You can call your dogs off.  Your pub has absolutely superb reviews on Google Maps regarding the way in which you treat guests.  Do you really think customers should be dragged to court?  I'm sure you don't. I am therefore requesting that you intervene and instruct CEL to cease court action. Yours, XXXXX
    • Thank you - Defence has now been filed Doc_20240501_182920_Redacted.pdf
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg Credit Card Agreement

barns66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I sent the cca form to egg and received the 2 pages attached from them.they did not send me any seperate t.a.c that where in force when i took the card out.I wonder if there is anything wrong with what they have sent and if there is what i should do about it.I sent for the agreement after they sent me letters saying i had to pay a dca after i missed 3 payments in 9 months due to un-forseen problems and getting no help from them.

I apologise if i have put this in the wrong place.

barn66

e2.jpg

e1.jpg

Hi Barns,

At first glance this would appear to be incomplete, unfortunately I can not enlarge the images to make out any details. Perhaps you could repost them at a larger scale, making sure you remove your personal details :)

Then the DCA folks can give you more help !!

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Barns,

If you go to your scanned images, you should be able to copy and paste into your next post. Remember to delete your personal details before you post, you never know who's watching ;)

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Barns,

Please go to your photobucket and remove some more of your own details.

This is for your own safety :D

Did you sign the agreement ? Is this all they sent you?

Lex

&

Thanks for that Barns,

I'm calling some more troops !!!

Lex

&

• 2 weeks later...

Hi barns (and Lex)

The agreement above has all te prescribed terms on the first page with the name and address and signatures on the second. Provided these 2 pages are different sides of the same original then the agreement is enforceable.

Hi Barns66, I have received exactly the same egg agreement, but what evidence is there that the two pages were part of the same document, as there doesn't seem to be anything to link them? Mine is being handled by Moorcroft and they are the most ignorant, unpleasant bunch of people you could ever have the misfortune to deal with IMO.

I am going to write to Moorcroft (egg) to dispute the 'agreement' as there is nothing to link the pages and also no T&C's provided or statement of account. Will let you know how I get on, Magda

Magda + Ruby,mine is being handled by Collect Direct (UK).I sent them a letter asking them to clarify that the 2 pages where part of the same document and that they contained no t&c,i have not heard back from about this but got a letter this morning saying they are considering sending a personal representative to my home,they will be getting the letter about trespass on Monday,plus another letter for them to provide me with what i asked for,if anybody as any suggestions what i should include in the letter i would be grateful.

barns66

XXXXXXXXX 2008

Dear Sir,

We refer to your recent letter dated 16th April 2008.

You will see from your files that the above mentioned account is "in dispute" as you have failed to reply to the s.77/s.78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 request of XXXXXX.

The ‘agreement’ provided does not appear to be linked in any way, i.e., pages one and two (the signature document) show no apparent connection. Under SI 1983/1553 the prescribed terms MUST be within the signature document to be valid, having them on a separate sheet headed T&C or similar ISN'T acceptable. This applies to all agreements pre May 2005.

As this account is in dispute and you were aware of this and are continuing to contact us, we now feel that you are in breach of your obligations under:

The Office of Fair Trading’s Collection Guidelines:

For "failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in the "debtor" being wrongly pursued"

The Banking Code –;

For "not ceasing collection activity /contact with the "debtor" whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

Your Consumer Credit License

You have failed to produce a properly executed credit agreement for the above numbered account, and as such dispute the entire balance of the alleged debt which is unenforceable. As there is no agreement between us, you also do not have permission to continue to contact us regarding this account, either by post or by personal contact. We also deem any further collection activity, of any nature that involves contacting us in relation to this account, an act of personal harassment, for the reasons outlined in this letter.

Please ensure that your system is updated to reflect this, as we will bring any future collection activity/contact to the attention of the appropriate Body, to whom we will make a formal statement regarding your conduct, given we have already warned you that your behaviour causes us to feel harassed.

We are of the view that your continued harassment/contact puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

Be advised that any further correspondence from your company will be used as evidence in any future formal complaint.

If you wish to resolve our complaint, you must supply the documentation previously requested to substantiate your claims against me under the alleged agreement. Failure to do so will result in my ignoring any further letters from you and the actions outlined herein being taken in complaint against you. We shall not correspond further with you regarding this issue unless you can fully substantiate your claim as outlined, and on receipt of a valid agreement, we shall of course be happy to resume payment to your company.

We have obtained a certificate of postage for this letter as proof of postage. We have also enclosed, for your information a copy of my original letter in which a request for a true copy of the agreement was made.

Yours faithfully

something along these lines might do the trick, bu tyou can adapt to suit, Magda

Barns Make sure you emphasize the harassment part and highlighted and also make sure that they are aware that if they appear on your property you will not hesitate to call the police.

Ruby

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Sorry if I am jumping in here, but I received a response to an Egg CCA with the same two pages of an apparent agreement.

On looking at it in more detail it does not seem complete.

In condition 4.4 on the first page it refers to condition 12. Well, the page finishes on condition 5.1.

So, I think this might mean that:

1. The conditions continued overleaf on the original document.

2. The original could have been a 4 page document and the two pages that they have provided are pages 1 and 4 (i.e the same side of a folded document).

3. They onlys scanned pages 1 and 4.

This is just speculation, but why have they not sent the rest of the conditions?

Lastly, they have not sent a statement of account.

So I don't think they have complied with my CCA properly.

Any comments?

Just a quick up date,i have sent 2 recorded delivery letters to collect direct u.k at the Horsforth Leeds address given on the letters sent to me, sent the first on the 12th May and the Second on the 31st May and neither seems to have been delivered or they do not sign for them.I also sent them an email and heard nothing from them.

barns66

28th March 2008, Egg is not a "Division of Prudential PLC". Egg was sold to Citybank last year. Don't know if it helps.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hi,just noticed on the letter they sent me that Collect Direct (UK) is the trading style of Improved Financial Solutions Ltd,i did a google search on them and found that they are at the same address as the one given on my letter.I wonder having sent 2 recorded delivery letters requesting the info i require and neither have arrived or not signed for i should now try to get the info addressing my letter to Improved Financial Services. barns66