abbey loan

krimo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi good people i really need your please. about 3 years ago i run through difficulties i had a loan with abbey national for 7k so i called my dmp they help me after my dmp contacted abbey finaly they agreed to freeze the interest on the loan .yersterday i received a letter from debt agency asking for 11k not the 7k so i contacted my dmp they asked me to contact abbey to get their correspondance address wich is located in grafton milton keynes . i need now a template asking them for reversal bank charges . please can you advise where to get the template also is there anything else i can do to stop them for adding that whooping amount of money on the top the loan please help me...

you can find the templates under A_Z and they are all there for you

i would def write to abbey for the charges

have you still got the letter stating that they will freeze the interest charges

take a look at my thread if it will help you any but im going to take a look for you on other threads

so bear with me

my thread is

abroadgirl v abbey

hugs

abg

hi abroadgirl many thanks for you reply i dont know when they freezed the interest on the loan they did it with my dmp about 3 years ago no i dont have the letter with me but i do have the contract for the loan can this help looking forward for your reply

• 2 weeks later...

i have an abbey loan and an old bank account. I have not paid anything towards my loan since the abbey refused my offer of £1, this is due to being unemployed and the payment protection insurance not paying out after 12 months. I am now waiting for the court papers to arrive so i can get the court to sign off on my offer or force the bank to make me bankcrupt. The quicker the better. I have claims in for reclaiming all charges totalling over £1600,but due to the ongoing court case this is on hold.other problem is the oft says the banks can still chase you for charges until a final decision is made.

• 3 weeks later...

it is very frustrating waiting for outcomes to oft court case which is now July at earliest,then oft and banks can appeal could take over a year to sort. in the mean time my debt counsellor is contacting abbey to offer them £1.00 month if they accept all well and good if not i do not care,due to so many debts i will have to file for bankruptcy.only way out with over 23,000 pounds in debt. lets see what happens we may see banks surrendering to us claimants.:D

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

Please take this letter as notice of an offical complaint about the behaviour of your organisation. I now require details of your Complaints Procedure within 7 days.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Lowells/Red Debt/Hamptons are all tentacles of the one organisation.

Lowells play good cop Red bad cop and Hamptons are supposed to be the scary ones. They try to give the impression that they are solicitors and that when you get passed to them Court is the next thing. Total nonsense of course. They have to prove

1, A debt actually exists

2. You are the debtor

3. They have a lawful right to chase you for the debt.

As they have failed on at least two of the above points their threats are hollow so do not worry about them and their increasingly laughable attempts to con you into paying someone elses debt

hello well i have a reply frome the lowells your not going to believe this

i am having to type it as scanner is playing up

heres it is

carnt wait to read your comments

futher to my letter dated 31st dec i have now investigated your complaint fully and will respond as follows (they have to cover themseves and put there norm dont they

Your comment that you have no knowledge of this debt has been noted as you are aware this this debt was purchased from our client in the later part of 2007 (the liars still i guess they have to cover themselves)

we have recently carried out futher enquires on reciet or your recent correspondence the result of which cofirms the above

your comments that we have breached various regularty guidlines as outlined in your correspondence are therefore not accepted as we have addhered to industry and regulatory guidelines in our attempt to recover this debt which we believe you are liable for (lies) lol

i acknowledge your request for documentary evidence that proves your liability for this debt

unfortunatly we are unable to provide you with this documents (i wonder why)

relating to this account due to the age of the account (now they said above 2007 mmm strange)

whilst investagating your comments it has also come to light now that this debt is now subject to secrion 5 of the limitation act 1980 (does anyone know what it is plz)

following from above the above the decision has been taken to cease collection activities and close the account forwith you should no longer be contacted with regards to this matter please be informed that this decision has been made for the reasons outlined above and not as an admission of any wrongdoing whatsoever

please note that under the terms of our complaints proceedure this is our final responce should it be the case that you remain dissatified you may refer your complaint to the financial ombudsman please see the enclosed guide you need to do this within 6 months of the date of this letter for more info please see the the enclosed leaflet etc etc

chido asirgbu

tyvvm for all your help hugs

abg

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("1318253") report.gif