• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds like a fine idea to me Goldlady. We'll need a manifesto and a few policies, so here's a few ideas:

• Income tax to be reduced to 5p in the pound.
  • Tax on fuel, cigarettes and alcohol to be removed completely. Thats a good idea my OH will love that one
  • Scrap the Barnett formula and distribute the money fairly around all councils in the UK. That way, if the Jocks want free central heating, university places etc., they can bloody well pay for it themselves. They already have the tax-raising powers but, not surprisingly, they'd prefer the English to pay. Yep Fully agree
  • Have a referendum on the European Constitution.
  • Turn the Police 'Service' back into a Police 'Force' and make them start dealing with proper crime instead of persecuting motorists and people who put golliwogs in shop windows. Defently
  • Bring the Army back home from Iraq and Afghanistan and replace them with every DCA employee. Then tip off Al Quaeda with the whereabouts of the Blair Oliver and Scott and Credit Solutions regiments. No Comment, getting my practise in, Fully agree.
  • Sack the 500,000 additional civil servants who have been employed by Broon to make our lives a misery and make them do real jobs. Yep and make them do something like sweeping the roads.
  • Scrap charges for going a few pence over your funding limit YEP YEP YEP
  • Ban the following TV programmes:
    • Soap Operas NO some of them are good at times.
    • 'Reality' TV Shows YEP
    • Anything at all featuring Cilla Black or Terry Bloody Wogan God yes

[*]An outright ban on political correctness in all its forms.

I could probably go on, but that will do for starters.

Regards.

Fred

Like that maybe we should come up with a bit more

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like your style fred

how about a few bits n bobs in there about

• the ever rising council tax that seems to pay for things i dont use or need apart from rubbish collection, ill keep my £1300 thanks. Yep and make them account for every single penny they want.
  • public transport costs being GREATLY reduced i understand the need for fare rises in fuel consuming methods, but electric bloody trams?? yep and scrap the fully free bus pass for the elderly as they thing they are entitled to get on the bus and take up the buggy/wheelchair places or even attempt to push me over to get on the bus and then moan loudly when they have to walk more than a few steps to the nearest seat.
  • immigration. that old stickler. STOP letting every other nation in Europe into this country, keep our jobs for the layabouts affected by my next proposal... God yes scrap the imigration
  • Change the welfare state. an 18 yr old who has never worked a day cos they are too lazy is NOT entitled to benefits, where are there contributions?!! Yep
  • rise in the national pension Yep but make sure it is fair as the ppl that cant work for medical reasons are alread getting less than half of what the pensioners get a week

Im done. :cool::D

A few more would be great.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Of course, vital part of the manifesto we forgot. A full cabinet must be available to members at all times:D. Whisky for me please.

Done GL

oddly enough this is one of the last thngs to come up.

OK who is going to run the party and what DCAs are we going to use as our tea/drink boys and our foot stools.

OMG this is just what i need at this time of the morning to laugh so much that i am now comfy.

is it ok for me to Nick a few ideas like the bullet pointing of each paragraph and the putting letters in landscap and putting in no puncuation.

thanks for making me feel better.

no we can still do that as it would be just as fun.

we could also write to them making sure we use every colour of the rainbow and asking them if it looks pretty?

LOL Rahl.

carry on with the ideas.

Yes questioning u are rite u have to be in it to win it so carry on buying thoses tickets.

• Haha 1

4th floor, St Katharine's House,

21-27 St Katharine's Street,

Northampton

Northamptonshire

England

NN1 2LH

DX 702885 Northampton 7

Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home

this is were u can find out court info.

well we would do Mr M but i dont think the DCAs are calling anyone.

I know all we seem to be getting is calls asking to speak to XX person @XX prison.

I no there is a over crowding issue but when was a 2 bed house turned in to a prison and how much are they paying us.

All tho they also dont seem to get the message that the owner of the phone is my OH and not a prson person. Keep calling at all times a day ranging from 3am to about 7pm.

well is that not harassement?

just give them one of your tea towel convos that should help them.

Excel that is a good one.

Dont think it will work as ODC wont get what money ODC wants for the debt as they buy them at a reduced rate and that would mean ODC losing moneyand i dont think ODC likes lossing money.

were back on to the tea towel querys again are we?

we know that the FOS will not do anything till the compalints procedure has been delt with but it does not stop us from ringing them up and getting advise on what we can do does it.

well i do anyway as they are not writing to me.

• 4 weeks later...

If a DCA/OC tells u they have rote to u use this.

BBC NEWS | Business | Royal Mail misses delivery target

LOL cashins.

Glad they are helping the needy............NOT.

Something tells me tho they have not missed out on there wages tho.

Personal i say do both as you will have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

welcome back FB.

While u have been gone i have had my baby.

yep odc i fully agree.

did u ever find the book on alien language?

yes my FIL being ill and needing to have a op.

Oh were back to the leaving them on hold trick are we.

another member cant remember whoput the phone down and went and vacuumed her hallway then went back to the phone and the DCA was still ranting away. so she started loading the diswasher and came back to her phone and she was still going she said she must have been ranting for over an hour.

How did this complete insane thread goe forom bumble bees and teatowels to darleks?

I have only just been watching DR who in the past 2 episodes.

good you could make that in to the new harry potter books.

DCAs in stead of dementor and CAG in stead of dumblodores army.

Now theres a thought.

Anyway i cant wait till saturday it will be the third eposide of DR Who i have watched and just wondering of the DR realie dies or not.

hi all hows it going?

its going fine for me to.

I got a free taster bottle of JD threw the post this morn and will be using it tonite.

Stardust. How about sending it as a worm and wiping out there whole systems now that would be cheeky and really nasty.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks