Welcome Finance PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a loan with Welcome that had PPI on it. It was all done over phone in Nov 2005 and I was never told PPI was not compulsory. It was inferred I'd not get loan without it.

Have sent first letter and got the bog off reply. Is it easier and quicker and more likely to succeed with FOS rather than going through courts? Also, if I win will they take the £600-odd off my current loan (without PPI, I might add!) or shall I get the refund direct to me?

Many thanks

Jayne

Hi Jayneeh,

Take your claim in stages. If your letter was ignored now proceed thru the FOS. If you are still unhappy then go to the courts.

Remember each step means extra cost for the lenders and they will lok to settle and cut their losses at some point.

As for the refund, I would suggest you get the refund paid to you and then do with it as you see fit. If you allow them to 'credit' you, you may experience a heck of a delay in the funds appearing. The longer they delay, the more they make.

Good Luck.