• Tweets

• I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
    • Developing computer games can be wildly expensive so some hope that AI can cut the cost.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Aqua MasterCard/1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a small debt to Aqua MasterCard (£300) and it is being handled by 1st Credit.

On the 28th December I sent a CCA request by recorded delivery and have received this response from them this morning:

000_0215.jpg

Could I ask for advice on what my next move should be, particularly in response to paragraph 2 and 4.

Many thanks!:smile:

boa ......

It's difficult to remember that when you're up to your arse in crocodiles your objective was to drain the swamp.

Hi N.P,

Thanks for your reply .... :)

I have been making monthly payments to 1st Credit but I advised them in a separate letter that I would not be able to continue to do so and I made a renewed offer of nominal payment only (£1.50) and sent a cheque for that amount ... it has been cashed at my bank today!

The card was issued about this time last year.

A little history of my situation can be seen here ....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/123986-debt-mangement-collection-agencies.html

boa .....

It's difficult to remember that when you're up to your arse in crocodiles your objective was to drain the swamp.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi boa,

Just wait until the 12 working days are up and if they still haven`t shown up with anything it`s then up to you if you want to stop payments.

In the mean time, just let them get on with whatever these fools do. It`s upto them to comply with your request now. Don`t think your obliged to send them a reminder, because your not. Just let them fester, like the parrassites they are. Parrassites are not that bad really, they live of others to survive, but these scrotums just terrorise people for fun.

As the account is only a year old they may well have a CCA, but you never know.

Anyway, catch you later.

Regards

N.P

I received a further two letters in the post this morning one dated 8th Jan (1st scan) and the other dated 11th Jan.

I'm puzzled by the contents of both letters as they seem to be ignoring issue of my CCA request.

'request for copy invoices' ... whats that all about:confused:

Any advice on how to proceed from here would be appreciated .... or, do I still sit tight?

The 12 days expired yesterday.

The letters .........

000_0293.jpg

000_0292.jpg

Boa ....:)

• 1 month later...

Hello all,:)

Okay, I have had further correspondence from 1st Credit concerning my Aqua account.

To summarise, on 28th December I sent a CCA request to 1st Credit, they responded by sending letters (copies previously posted to this thread) ... a little over 2 weeks ago I received a bunch of 'copy invoices' on plain paper but no true copy of the CCA.

This was followed quite quickly by a further letter 'introducing 1st Credit' to me, (I have been dealing with them for 6 months) advising that the debt had been assigned to them and as a result the full amount outstanding was due to them .. immediately!

It went on to say I should make no further payments to Aqua .. (that in it's self is odd as I have been paying 1st Credit for the last 5 months) and that should I require a copy of any 'personal information' that they hold on me, they would, in accordance with Data Protection Act 1988 and on receipt of a fiver, be happy to comply. :confused:

Then today, I received a further letter threatening 'legal proceedings' asking that I should take this 'final opportunity to make contact'.

So, any advice as to where I stand on this at present ... I still have not received a true copy of the CCA, unless of course the bunch of invoices fulfills their obligation under the request.

I have been paying a nominal £5 a month since October, reducing it to £1.50 in December at the point that I made the CCA request!

Would really like some advice here ..... many thanks,

Boa.......

Hi 42man,

Yes I did get an assignment notification almost immediately after I sent the CCA request, (see copy, #8 of this thread) ....

So, would I best send a stroppy letter reminding them of OFT guidelines in particular 2.8 (k)?

Boa ....

Ah, sorry 42man ...

I have just read your post again, properly this time .

No I didn't get an assignment notice from Aqua, only the letter previously imaged in this thread.

Boa....

Great, I will get a letter organised and in the post this afternoon and I keep you posted of the outcome.

Appreciated your help 42man.:D

Boa .........

Great, I will get a letter organised and in the post this afternoon and I keep you posted of the outcome.

Appreciated your help 42man.:D

Boa .........

Okay, I received a response from 1st Credit this morning in the form of a letter outlining 1st Credit Limited 'Complaint Procedure'.

Would it be possible for some kind member to cast an eye over the letter and advise me accordingly .... this is a first for me and I wish to get it right first time!

000_0657.jpg

This is the response I got by sending an edited version of the letter template in 42man's post #15.

boa .........

Mornin all :D ,

Okay, I have had a further letter from 1st Credit this morning in response to sending a copy of the letter template offered in 42man's post #15.

000_0658-2.jpg

000_0659-1.jpg

So, as you can see from this letter, they are now saying that I did not pay the fee required when making the request.

I made a CAA request on 28th December 2007

I enclosed a crossed PO made payable to 1st Credit Ltd in the sum of £1

I sent the letter with the PO by recorded delivery on the 28th December 2007.

I have the post office stamped (orange) receipt.

I have the post office printed transaction details of the postal order which includes voucher ID number and to whom I made it payable.

I now have proof of delivery from the Royal Mail website after entering the recorded delivery reference number.

I am currently trying to find a telephone number in order to speak with the Post Office postal order team in Chesterfield to establish the actual date that the postal order was cashed by 1st Credit .... if anyone has that number I would be grateful.

In the meantime may I once again call on advice on how to proceed from here ..... :mad: [EDIT]

Edited by alanfromderby
  • Haha 1

Thanks honey5,

I have just got off the phone from them, apparently, there is no number any enquiries need to be made in writing and sent to Chesterfield .... that's gonna take a week or so knowing RM:(

boa.......

Well Well Well ................. what can I say!

I managed to get a telephone number for the postal order team at Chesterfield (01246 542091) and 1st Credit have NOT CASHED the postal order.

Is this some sort of 'stroke' or what?

Where do I go from here?:(

boa ........

Hi Boro,

I was just contemplating my options with regards to that, however, as I am a novice in these matters and this will effectively be the first battle in my war against DCA's, I don't really want to screw it up!

Who would I report them to .. OFT and, should I or do I need to, refer back to 1st Credit and inform them of my intention to do so?

Is there a template available for a letter of complaint to the OFT?

boa ......

Just in case anyone else has a PO problem to deal with .... this may help!

Extracting information from the Post Office Postal Order Team.

This department claims that it ONLY deals with written enquires and communications.

Here's a thing to get around it ........

I have obtained the number 01246 542091

When they answer, you get straight through to a team member (totally amazing in itself):D who will ask if you have received a letter and then ask for the reference number off that letter ..... the reference number that they use is the voucher ID number of the postal order.

Just quote this from your post office receipt and make your enquiry .... easy peasy!!

boa ....

Hello tabitha08,

Welcome ... I am a new member as well having only joined last December, I have had excellent sound advice and help from other members and it has help me regain the will to fight on.

Hope all goes well for you and your other half ...

boa. ....:D

Hi N.P

I'm okay thanks, soldiering on in the best way I can.:D

With respect to 1st Credit and the letter I received from them (see #22) I knocked a reply together yesterday but as yet haven't sent it, perhaps you (or anybody) would be kind enough to cast an eye over it and make comment before I get a copy in the post later today ......

1st Credit Limited

The Omnibus Building

Lesbourne Road

Reigate

Surrey

RH2 7JP

26th February 08

For the attention of [EDIT]

Dear Sir,

Ref: 11111111

Re: Aqua MasterCard Account No: 111111111111111111

CCA Request 28/12/2007

Thank you for your communication dated 25th February 2008 referring to the above account - your comments have been noted, particularly your attempt at sarcasm in the final paragraph.

The measure of your disappointment at my choice not to make any further payments on this account cannot equal my feelings of intense anger and frustration at your decision to prevaricate and ‘play games’ with me in respect of this matter.

Let me reaffirm and clarify your legal position on this situation:

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enters into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, your company commits an offence.

These time limits expired on 12th January 2008 and 11th February 2008 respectively.

As you are no doubt aware, Section 78(6) states:

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore on 11th February 2008 this account became unenforceable at law and no further payment will be made by myself to the account as you have failed to comply with a bona-fide request for a true signed copy of the said agreement, under the relevant sections of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Finally, should you continue with this erroneous ‘fee not received argument’ as a valid reason for your failure to carry out your obligation under my recent request, I will view it as a deliberate act of fraudulence on your part and I will respond with the appropriate measures.

The £1 for information pursuant to the Consumers Credit Act was made and, has been received by 1st Credit - as such your comments and observations in your letter are inappropriate and subsequently do not apply.

Yours truly,

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I just needed to respond in some way to the smug txxt that wrote from 1st credit.;)

boa .....

Edited by alanfromderby

Get your evidence together and report them :D i can see this one being fun

It doesnt matter what they did with the £1 fee, merely the fact that it was there and that you can prove it is good enough, sneaky b*s*ards though :rolleyes:

If I was to go ahead and report them as you suggest, who would I report them too? ......... and is there a standard letter of complaint available?

I apologise for my thickness!

boa ....

Back again :D

Okay, I have had a reply to my letter (#33 of this thread) ...

000_0664.jpg

What puzzles me is, if they placed the quoted narrative on my account at the time my CCA request was received ... why did they not mention it to me in their confirmation letter of 3rd January (#1 of this thread).

Then there are the letters that I received (#8 of this thread) on or around the 11th January :confused: .... why? My CCA request made no mention of 'copy invoices' or 'assignment notices'.

Then, I received a bundle of copy invoices with a compliments slip ...... this is yet another puzzle, why send them when I didn't send a S.A.R request, also, they bleat on about the £10 charge required before they can supply 'copy invoices' ..... I did not pay £10, why would I, I didn't ask for the copies in the first place.

Any advice on what my next move should be ..... I really want to write to them and say 'see you in court' ...

boa...

42man, boro,

Thanks for that, I will 100% get a letter of complaint off to the FOS this weekend ... I know you said keep it simple, but is there a template available for this type of letter?

i do not believe you should have to prove that it was there, what if you sent them a quid again (to cover all bases) and then found they had bluffed you along for extra time and came up the an agreement as im sure they will start the clock again from the date of receipt of the £1 fee :rolleyes:

I thought that myself!

boa..

• 2 months later...
HI boa,

Write and tell these duck eggs you are quite happy to let a Judge decide wether or not they are in breach of your CCA request, and if not, tell them to sod off!

Remember, if you have proof of postage, the Judge will deem it received 2 days later. As, you HAVE proof of postage and also the receipt from your Postal Order, I don`t think you could lose. I can`t honestly see how they can lose a Postal Order from an envelope which also had in a letter they received. And would anyone want to open it before it reach them and swipe a £1 Postal Order? I don`t think so.

Call their bluff, and tell them they`re getting bot all.

Regards

N.P

Okay... it's been just over two months since I last wrote to 1st Credit saying that I was quite happy for a judge to decide whether or not they have breached my CCA request and in that time I have not heard a whisper from them .....

Should I let sleeping dogs lie or should I stir them up with regard to defaulting on my request .... incidently, I was paying nominal monthly amounts to 1st credit but I ceased making these payments after advising them I would do so.

Boa....

Hi N.P,

Yeh I have decided to leave it be for the time being as I have got another case on the go with Barclays .... that should give me a bit of fun for a few weeks ......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/144523-barclays-appointed-dca-i.html

Regards .... Boa ...