• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Northern Bank 25k+ of charges

Anaconda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes I really do have that amount of charges over the 6 year period, I have most of the statements just a few missing I have requested the remaining.

Damning reading.

I haven't found anyone else claiming these sorts of amounts..... yet....

I have already requested my service action report in addition to the missing statements.

Any pointers would be greatfully recieved.

I think anaconda needs a lot of good advice from people who really know what they are talking about.

This is going to be bigger than a big thing-clearly marked "BIG" and will make the headlines over here-no doubt about it.this could bust the [problematic] wide open for all to see.....:D

OK,, let's be clear about this. When you say £25k you're not including interest of any sort are you? Are these definately all charges for bounced transactions, over limit charges etc? Is there anything else in there. Do all of the charges relate to a bank current account or are there several accounts?

The costs are a combination of charges and interest on the charges, some months the charges were nearly £900 and that continued.

The charges and interest on the charges have accrued on 2 accounts. All the figures are accurately calculated as I have 95% of statements waiting for the rest spoke to NB this morning, they didn't get my letter. I emailed a copy.

I have spoken to an accountant and solicitor.....both think the case is ligitimate and we are proceeding accordingly.

Does that clarify?

Have you been advised on how to proceed ie will you be severing the claim. I know nothing about NI claims procedures but such a claim in the UK would place you firmly on the multi track route and leave you fully exposed to costs.

I am trying to acertain the best approach I want to get it right....and get as much out of them as possible as that is the only thing they understand.

So any pointers will be most gratefully recieved....As far as the charges are concerned I have 95% of statements anyway, just waiting for remainder, the missing ones were accruing aprox £800 per month in charges....and they just kept going month after month, after month. Solicitor says most irresponsible, and he is happy to persue them through the courts as he thinks the evidence is damning from the bank's point. Lets hope he's right...he's not at all fond of them and has a good reputation.

I think they will take it much more seriously coming through the Solicitor....maybe I an wrong.

Bank of Ireland details

Comany numbers as registered at Companies House in Belfast

Bank of Ireland UK Holdings(Belfast) No. NI 006941 I Donegall Sq Sth Address

Bank of Ireland Business(Bangor) No. NI 014594 26-32 Central Avenue bangor BT20 3AF.

I am pretty sure they are subject to NI UK Law as they are UK NI registered companies.

Hope this helps.

I know it sound mad but the money is a side issue...if a big one.

They were grossly negligent if not malicious in their dealing with me, and that's acccording to the solicitor.

God knows how many others they have done it to. So let them squirm as they did to me.

When they were charging £800/£900 p month didn't think to give me a call their attitude was your account your problem...so what were they charging me for. it wasn't service. They bounced charity donations for £5 month after month and charged me £15 referral fee and returned DD fee £38 a pop....didn't take long to add up.

They were so aggressive in the approach, right back at you boys.....I don't even feel emotional any more just clinical and resolute....They should be very afraid. Cos when this is over I will be happy to sing like a canary to the press. I hope it helps others.

No me but read the listings many have already. Not the amount I'm talking though, looking forward to being a first!!

The Ulster Bank paid off a taxi driver, he told them the was suing them in the morning Radio Ulster I believe got hold of it.

Get this....£2500 credited to his account by the afternoon.

The old media....who said they were all bad.

Ha...NB just called back nice as pie....ha....recieved my email with letter attached, a copy of the letter sent on 6th requesting missing statements. turns out pages numbers are no good, they need dates, bet they say the same in reverse when you provide them with the dates, any excuse. 18 days to go and counting. The SAR they want a written request said I would drop it in tomorrow by hand.

If you're not on a totally tight deadline for all the cash, then doing a £5k claim might well be a good place to start. I can't think of any reason why a claim for £25k would be any less likely to succeed than one for £1k, but as Seminole pointed out, you will be liable for their costs, and even if you win, you probably won't be able to recover all of yours.

There are a couple of other problems with multitrack too. You'll find that any solicitor you use will in no way be as motivated to win as you, so will try to get a compromise settlement (with lots of farting about and letters being sent back and forth). The other problem is that unlike the informal nature of small claims, the procedures and paperwork will have to be absolutely spot on, otherwise you could lose on a technicality, which would be bad.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

you can forget about breaking down your claim into 2k chunks, iv checked it out with the small claims and they wont hear of it ,, im claiming 15k from th first trust and wanted to do that but the court says i can only sue them once for the same account.
This is incorrect. You need to treat each charge as a seperate issue. You can lump charges together up to £2k and then do your case. ONLY ONCE THAT CASE IS COMPLETELY FINISHED do you go on to the next lot. Do not attempt to overlap, or they will get joined together.

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

• 2 weeks later...
:???: My court told me that i couldnt sever the claims too, but I did it anyway. i think that they just say that to save themselves work.

Alliance and Leicester -

£306 - settled in full!

Halifax -

£1600 + interest + fees -

27/06/06 - 1st Small Claim initiated for

£704 + £217 + interest + £39 Costs

01/08/06 - cheque received for £965

28/09/06 - 2nd Small Claim initiated for

£950 inc int + costs

05/10/06 - settlement letter received- awaiting cheque!

Standby for 3rd claim!:)

Barclaycard -

17/06/06 - Data Protection Act letter sent

03/10/06 - Statements rec'd £525 charges!

04/10/06 - 1st letter sent for refund

• 3 weeks later...
I am trying to acertain the best approach I want to get it right....and get as much out of them as possible as that is the only thing they understand.

So any pointers will be most gratefully recieved....As far as the charges are concerned I have 95% of statements anyway, just waiting for remainder, the missing ones were accruing aprox £800 per month in charges....and they just kept going month after month, after month. Solicitor says most irresponsible, and he is happy to persue them through the courts as he thinks the evidence is damning from the bank's point. Lets hope he's right...he's not at all fond of them and has a good reputation.

I think they will take it much more seriously coming through the Solicitor....maybe I an wrong.

Do you have a good solicitor, I have found it difficult to get a legal practice to sue Banks in N Ireland as they all try to get work from the banks.

I am looking for a solicitor in Belfast so if you find one let me know

I am in legal proceedings with 2 banks here. If you have a good legal practice let me know
Hello Elizabeth, welcome to the forum! :)

Can you please staret a seperate thread regarding your own proceedings? his way you won't end up hijacking someone elses, and any advice will e targetted at you.:D

As a business owner, I used bank commerical finance, which factored by accounts. I know this is not part of the normal posting here. But might encourage some people. After I moved from them, I discovered I was missing £21K from my accounts. I eventually settled with them for £41K, took a bit of fighting though. Seven months to drag them to this offer. Afterwards you always think you could have got more.

Banks give you an umbrella when the sun is shining and take it away when it is raining.

They must be brought to account for the misery they have heaped on the poor, and how they have [EDIT] us !!!!